They Hated On Cena. They Hated On Roman. Austin Theory Had Next Brehs....

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Okada literally was given the same out of nowhere super push that was given to Jay White, Sanada, EVIL, etc.

Some it worked out for and some it didn't. Okada is one of the ones it CLEARLY worked out for but no he was not ready to win the title the first time he did.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

:pachaha: First off, the part were Kelly says he struggled before going to excursion if 100% kayfabe. Every young lion has a crazy amount of Ls, that's what they are for and that's what he's referring to. He's reading from a script that makes the story make more sense. I was watching when he came into the scene and I watched and heard the japanese crowds go :krs: :at him showing defience and undeniable charisma during the NOAH feud. He also got a special send off before going on excursion by getting a singles match with Tanahashi.

The clip you showed is what me and @Scottie Drippin are telling you but for some reason refuse to listen. The crowd did not like him getting a title shot so fast (because he did not look good against Yoshi Hashi and had new, unknown gimmick with blonde hair) and getting the belt so fast made people go :patrice:

But ONE MONTH later everyone was convinced he had next and there were no more issues with him as champion nor as a main eventer, not as the next Ace of the company. It didn't take years to realize that, it didn't necessitate hindsight, it only took 1 very special match with Naito 22 days after he had become IWGP champ. None of the examples you've given come close to that kind of meteoric rise AND popularity like Okada.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Guy looks like a Sleep Paralysis Demon, and Vince is no longer in control.
full

Silkk

Daps
:pachaha: First off, the part were Kelly says he struggled before going to excursion if 100% kayfabe. Every young lion has a crazy amount of Ls, that's what they are for and that's what he's referring to. He's reading from a script that makes the story make more sense. I was watching when he came into the scene and I watched and heard the japanese crowds go :krs: :at him showing defience and undeniable charisma during the NOAH feud. He also got a special send off before going on excursion by getting a singles match with Tanahashi.

The clip you showed is what me and @Scottie Drippin are telling you but for some reason refuse to listen. The crowd did not like him getting a title shot so fast (because he did not look good against Yoshi Hashi and had new, unknown gimmick with blonde hair) and getting the belt so fast made people go :patrice:

But ONE MONTH later everyone was convinced he had next and there were no more issues with him as champion nor as a main eventer, not as the next Ace of the company. It didn't take years to realize that, it didn't necessitate hindsight, it only took 1 very special match with Naito 22 days after he had become IWGP champ. None of the examples you've given come close to that kind of meteoric rise AND popularity like Okada.
My entire point is he hadn't accomplished shyt before he was given the title. Even Jay White and Kenny had midcard title runs and tournament wins before winning the title. Same with Cena.

Okada was green as hell (as a main eventer) and unproven when he was given his first title reign. And while the Naito match was great, It's a lie to say there were no more issues. You can't tell anything long term based on one match. You could not tell what kind of business he was going to do after one match.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Should’ve pushed him as the young ace in a heel faction like young rock in the nation and Orton in evolution…. And to a certain extent Roman in the shield (they were more like all three aces)….being super pushed as the heir apparent outta nowhere on the main roster seemed premature unless he was a monster like Brock physically where he has just instant credibility, which he isn’t

Silkk

Daps
Should’ve pushed him as the young ace in a heel faction like young rock in the nation and Orton in evolution…. And to a certain extent Roman in the shield (they were more like all three aces)….being super pushed as the heir apparent outta nowhere on the main roster seemed premature unless he was a monster like Brock physically where he has just instant credibility, which he isn’t
Thats what the pair with him and Vince did, I agree they should have had a full stable though.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
My entire point is he hadn't accomplished shyt before he was given the title. Even Jay White and Kenny had midcard title runs and tournament wins before winning the title. Same with Cena.

Okada was green as hell (as a main eventer) and unproven when he was given his first title reign. And while the Naito match was great, It's a lie to say there were no more issues. You can't tell anything long term based on one match. You could not tell what kind of business he was going to do after one match.

I can tell you there were no more issues in terms of doubting him because it was part of the online arguments and was watching every available New Japan show (at the time) when his super push happened.

It was vastly different from Jay White, it took White-O losing the belt and months (a year?) of character and ring work to change the perception on him, When Okada lost the belt to Tana it was obvious he was getting it back soon and that he was probably going to win the G-1 (which he did) because the shows he was main eventing were selling out and doing great business.

Your original post said "You don't remember how long it took before Okada was actually Okada? MF was super pushed before he was ready for it". Which I don't see how can that be when dude was seen as the next Ace in 2009. Then did great business and turned doubters opinions around as fast as possible once he returned.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Thats what the pair with him and Vince did, I agree they should have had a full stable though.

In an alternate universe he’d ideally have something approximating a combination of Priest and Dom’s spot in the Judgement Day… swarmy heel, Rhea’s p*ssy whipped boy toy positioned as on the verge of the main event with Money in the Bank….eventually cashes in on Seth and gets a run as the Raw champ

Obviously that’s a timeline where Dom and Priest there doing the same thing and exceeding at it…but something like that would’ve been a best case scenario for Theory

Silkk

Daps
I can tell you there were no more issues in terms of doubting him because it was part of the online arguments and was watching every available New Japan show (at the time) when his super push happened.

It was vastly different from Jay White, it took White-O losing the belt and months (a year?) of character and ring work to change the perception on him, When Okada lost the belt to Tana it was obvious he was getting it back soon and that he was probably going to win the G-1 (which he did) because the shows he was main eventing were selling out and doing great business.

Your original post said "You don't remember how long it took before Okada was actually Okada? MF was super pushed before he was ready for it". Which I don't see how can that be when dude was seen as the next Ace in 2009. Then did great business and turned doubters opinions around as fast as possible once he returned.
If everybody had the same reaction to him winning the belt, Including you, Then he wasn't ready for it.

It worked and they used to belt to make him, So in hindsight yeah it was the right decision. That was not the opinion in real time though. I'm sure the wrestlezone, Observer, and reddit forums still have the reactions.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If everybody had the same reaction to him winning the belt, Including you, Then he wasn't ready for it.
Not sure you can say that when dude was selling out buildings every show he main evented and in less than two months the majority of people changed their tune about him. It's not that he wasn't ready, people were just proven wrong in record time :heh:

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the parameters of what you are trying to say I guess.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No watch gang.

So I have nO idea.
after theory was a gawd on the Indies.
What actually happened signing to the wwe.

Wish you guys ranted. So at least I could have gotten commentary.
about theory in the wwe. To understand the change in quality.
of theory from the indies to wwe.

Art Barr

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
ceGOAT mentioned about having a desire to mentor Austin theory. Unfortunately he's back in Hollywood

That wouldn't be a bad idea, if he was still around. I was hoping he'd have an in ring promo with theory that would lead to a face turn. That would do wonders for him

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
He will be the face of the company one day. He’s just too young rn. He’s very good and capable in the ring, he just is very flat as a promo and a character. He will improve

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what do you like about him, you just keep saying how Vince picked the right one