They Hated On Cena. They Hated On Roman. Austin Theory Had Next Brehs....

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Nah I'm with Silkk, Vince had something going with Theory. I wasn't watching when The Shield was around so I didn't see early reactions to Roman. When I look back at them they all read like it does in here

Only the internet hated Theory. That's because Vince picked him and internet fans A. don't like Vince, B. don't like feeling forced to watch somebody or don't like people being pushed that they don't like because they think they're bookers. That was always going to be a major hurdle, even still Theory got reaction with casuals as the suck up lapdog

The main problem is when HHH first got the sticks he leaned into catering to internet fans and what they liked/didn't and pushed the button on Theory "becoming a man" that one week on Raw. The character was nowhere near ready for that to happen, when it finally did it was supposed to mean something. When Vince disappeared Theory was supposed to be kissing HHH ass, instead he pissed about 4-6 months of angles away in 2 weeks

Theory wasn't the only one set up kinda solid, Vince somehow also got Aliyah getting pops. Look where she's at now

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Dude not bad it's just he needs to develop more. I think they were doing something right with young cocky team with him Grayson waller cause they balance each other out.

If it's me I would give them a Steiner and bagwell/Impact players type of run together for a year or two before giving them separate pushes.
I like the Theory/Waller tag team. And feel WWE needs to lean into it more. But, together they do seem destined to a Miz/Morrison fate. Where the better wrestler loses out to the better character.

Also like the Drew McIntyre first run comparison. Theory fits the bill but he's missing something. And getting out of the WWE system for 2-3 years wouldn't hurt. Japan, Mexico, Impact and obviously get some of that TK cash.

If Theory has a dead daddy shyt Christian would forget all about Nick Wayne lol

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Nah. This ain't Cena/Roman.
This is 1st WWE-run Drew McIntyre.

This is spot on. Kinda got the early kiss of death being Vince's guy like McIntyre. Got the MiTB case when there was no chance in hell he was going to be the guy to dethrone Roman once Cody Rhodes came back, getting sonned to Bolivia by Roman with one line, beat Cena at Mania but in the process got thrown into the InCenarator during the one promo, and got herbed by The Rock.

Last edited:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He's so generic. He's a CAW that you can't think of a gimmick for. So you leave him as is until you get a better idea. Don't even touch the moveset. Let's not even discuss that 2004 theme music. He's prototype Cena without the ruthless aggression.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
He's the same height as John Cena, Christian Cage, Chris Jericho. But nowhere near talented as those guys.

I thought WWE gave him enough opportunities. He's just not that good on the mic. He usually does this generic mic talk like "I'm gonna beat you cause I am better than you, and this crowd don't deserve to see me wrestle, blah blah".

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Nah mane he is turble. CeGOAT laying down for him at Mania is worse than when Jericho didn’t job for Fandango.

Jericho did job for Fandango. He was upset because the day before the show, he got the finish and called Vince telling him that he double crossed him. The idea was Jericho takes 90% of the match and then they go to the finish. Vince replied "That's exactly what I said" and that's when Jericho realized the plan was always for him to lose.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Jericho did job for Fandango. He was upset because the day before the show, he got the finish and called Vince telling him that he double crossed him. The idea was Jericho takes 90% of the match and then they go to the finish. Vince replied "That's exactly what I said" and that's when Jericho realized the plan was always for him to lose.
Typo

I was there live for that unfortunately :scust: