They coming at John Boyega's neck for saying Game of Thrones lacks black characters

(Lean Ambrose)

" Your all going to diiiiiie, pew pew pew"
Daps
Reppin
Go fukk yourself, Midwest
White people are still the majority in this country so that's only natural.

All this fukking whining, not only from black people, but now Asians and Latinos are starting to get in on the act too. shyt is getting tired.
You really need to learn to fall back from black topics you ain't one of us...
Keep it moving...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Seriously why the heck do you guys keep bringing up, "buh..buh.. buh.. There were blacks in medieval Europe!" Besides the Berber Moors, blacks in medieval Europe were insignificant and an extremely tiny minority. I would argue even smaller than Arabs outside Iberia and Sicily.

Game of Thrones takes place in Northern/Western Europe i.e UK, France, Germany, Scandinavian, etc. Africans did not even have much contact between those areas of Europe but mostly Southern Europe like Iberia, Sicily and MAYBE mainland Italian. Thats because Southern Europe was in the sphere of the Trans-Sahara Trade, but also because Iberia and Sicily at that time were MUSLIM.

And as for the rest of your point... Those people don't even have a big role in the storyline especially when it comes to Westboros and to be honest GOT depictions of non-white characters outside of Westboros is cringeworthy.

Lastly I don't understand HOW you posts even addresses my point on how blacks like Boyega need to focus on AFRICAN history especially during the medieval times which was better than some shythole backwaters of Eurasia known as Europe.

It not just about diversity you fool...:snoop: Boyega has a legitimate claim to what he's saying... Alot of these companies are propping up these corny ass write writers on some nepotism shyt and boyega is addressing this shyt because white people seem to be the dominant society but how you gonna have a scifi future show without ANY diversity...

I don't care about game of thrones like that but seriously there are probably tons of good black scifi epics that dont get put out in the mainstream... and when we do put it out there people will complain on the reverse that it's not diverse enough the cast is too black... or mixed... :stopitslime:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
It not just about diversity you fool...:snoop: Boyega has a legitimate claim to what he's saying... Alot of these companies are propping up these corny ass write writers on some nepotism shyt and boyega is addressing this shyt because white people seem to be the dominant society but how you gonna have a scifi future show without ANY diversity...

I don't care about game of thrones like that but seriously there are probably tons of good black scifi epics that dont get put out in the mainstream... and when we do put it out there people will complain on the reverse that it's not diverse enough the cast is too black... or mixed... :stopitslime:

THEN MAKE YOUR OWN SHOW! Jesus Christ... Sick and tired of black people playing this dumb game. Especially when Black Panther is coming out. And as for the bolded that debatable.

But fact is most big name black writers/producers are not writing about Scifi but instead sticking to safe genres like dramas and comedies which blacks are use to. But thats starting to change because Scfi/fantasy is not taboo to the younger black generation.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps

This, you said it way better than I could breh.

It's not about inclusion for inclusions sake, it's about developing IP that had that shyt in the first place, or that should have it and it's not there.

The only medium that needs to racebend, or people should complain about is comic book movies cuz the whole point of that shyt is legacy and character attachment. It was created in a different time and must be forced to adapt.

But some shyt like GOT?! Nukka support bigger better and more diverse shyt.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Only black characters that I can remember are: slave, slave seller, slave assistant, con man, and personal bodyguard.

Did I miss anyone?
Legendary smuggler captain Salladhor Saan. Wealthy nobleman who tried to marry Dany in season 2. Hizdahr - Dany's Meereen fiance(depending on your view of biracial blackness). Pretty much it.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Eh...i could understand if his beef was around a lack of Black people in Dorne but GOT is essentially a medieval period piece based on England.

Plus the black people have been stereotypical characters (swindlers, pirates, slaves) I'm good on all that :hubie:
:russ::russ::russ: the first nikka we met was literally an IG scammer!

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Brah, Game of Thrones takes place in Westeros, it doesn't take place anywhere lol.. This is like trying to say that The Wizard of Oz is based on fukking Japan.

Further, with the way this board inhales Tariq Nasheed's penis, it should be common knowledge that the Moors of Central-Western Europe were prominent members of European society and influenced European thought at various points throughout the middle ages.. They still have statues and shrines dedicated to Moors throughout much of Europe, particuarly the parts that you guys are incorrectly associating with the show.

As for the statement, I think it's perfectly reasonable to point out that Game of Thrones (Possibly the greatest show of all time) has no Black people and how that speaks to the diversity issues plauging Hollywood.. This is the apparatus of mass media, that inherently means inclusion.. So yes, there should be diversity on-screen in the context of Hollywood and that's what the brother is asking (not begging) for.. There's no Pan-Africawood to put out an African Game of Thrones.. Yall sound dumb with that shyt.

Plus the black people have been stereotypical characters (swindlers, pirates, slaves) I'm good on all that :hubie:

This, I can agree with.. Every Black character on GoT is a slave, scammer or housepet.

Legendary smuggler captain Salladhor Saan. Wealthy nobleman who tried to marry Dany in season 2. Hizdahr - Dany's Meereen fiance(depending on your view of biracial blackness). Pretty much it.

1. Pirate.. Actually asked to rape white women as payment for a job.
2. Scammer.. Allowed white woman lust to get him killed
3. Housepet.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
boyega lost me whe he tried to silence claims about black american actors getting looked over in roles for brits. he didnt have time for that, but he has time for this

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
The show is filled with back stabbers, incest, murderers, kin slayers and overall miserable people bored with power. I'm glad there are little to no blacks in this world.

When you put it like that... :ohhh: