They coming at John Boyega's neck for saying Game of Thrones lacks black characters

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852
HBO is developing a show by an Black author. I havent read the book but I will be watching as the cast will absolutely be all Black. At least I hope so since it seems to be set in Sudan.

HBO & George R.R. Martin Developing Who Fears Death TV Series

Who Fears Death, published in 2010 by DAW, an imprint of Penguin Books, is set in a fictionalized post-apocalyptic future version of Sudan, where the light-skinned Nuru oppress the dark-skinned Okeke. The protagonist, Onyesonwu (Igbo for “who fears death”), is an Ewu, the child of an Okeke woman raped by a Nuru man. On reaching maturity, she goes on a quest to defeat her sorcerous father Daib using her magical powers.

The book received the 2011 World Fantasy Award for Best Novel, and the 2010 Carl Brandon Kindred Award “for an outstanding work of speculative fiction dealing with race and ethnicity.” Okorafor followed Who Fears Death with a prequel, The Book of Phoenix, published by DAW in 2015.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If there was more black people in the show they would either be getting fukked or having their heads severed off, no thanks :hubie:

Or they would be a threat to the throne....:stopitslime::wow: you know they can't let no black king with powers rise to the throne on the show lannisters be damned...:russ:

and the story doesn't take place in england...:mjlol: also why the black people gotta be slaves though????:mjpls:

but boyega was right, alot of white sci-fi / fantasy writers don't include black characters for specific reasons..... :ld:

and then when a black story comes along ala black panther they complain its not diverse enough... :mindblown:

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
Exactly why I stopped watching tv years ago. White faces everywhere representing everything. It's too much and a gross exaggeration of their appeal and capabilities. Been rationing my White intake ever since, with movies too.
Breh i dont even watch TV anymore because all you see is white faces, even shows thats supposed to cater to Black People always have to have a white lead and a handful of white characters.
Youtube is where its at in terms of Black Entertainers and Black Creativity and ALOT of these Black Youtubers have huge followings even more of a following then some A list actors, TV is pretty much dead and alot of young people would rather watch Youtube then TV.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I just remembered something. We had a show like Underground that was more Prison Break than 12 Years A Slave but no one watched it and even the thread in The Film Room was dead by the time it got cancelled so I don't know how an "African Game of Thrones" would do.

We even have a black show now in Power but look at the ratings difference in the spoiler. And Power has someone from every race in it at this point.
Final-Cable-2017-Jul-16.SUN_.png
Empire and Luke Cage is doing well and its mainly black

No excuses

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Or they would be a threat to the throne....:stopitslime::wow: you know they can't let no black king with powers rise to the throne on the show lannisters be damned...:russ:

and the story doesn't take place in england...:mjlol: also why the black people gotta be slaves though????:mjpls:

but boyega was right, alot of white sci-fi / fantasy writers don't include black characters for specific reasons..... :ld:

and then when a black story comes along ala black panther they complain its not diverse enough... :mindblown:

That seems to be the same thing ya'll are doing though? And since I really don't wanna see a ton of white people in Black Panther which is Fantasy by the way...I don't see why the fukk this thread is this long.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I didn't want to comment on this but nikkas gotta stop making excuses. People like Boyega are the reasons WHY we do not have these epic historical/fantasy African based shows, because they are too busy trying to get accepted by whites! Everyone and their mama KNOWS GOT is a WHITE repeat WHITE show. This is nothing new.

And I don't care if I sound c00nish but I would prefer if blacks stayed out of white shows because white writers do not know how to write well developed black characters for the most part. Not only that but the non-white characters in GOT have been written badly. Also the show takes place in medieval Europe mostly.

But more importantly we now know that the state of Georgia is becoming bigger and bigger when it comes to Film/TV production and that Atlanta is the "Black Hollywood", with all this in mind why the hell do these black folk in this industry STILL make excuses? White the this and stuff like the Oscars. Black Panther is being filmed in the ATL by a black director. If you want blacks in GOT then blacks should make their OWN one.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That seems to be the same thing ya'll are doing though? And since I really don't wanna see a ton of white people in Black Panther which is Fantasy by the way...I don't see why the fukk this thread is this long.

Black Panther is A science fiction / Fantasy story about an fictional african kingdom :manny: I dont know why the thread is long either but I know this there are probably a ton of black scifi stories out there but they dont get that shine...

I'm writing something myself. gonna be BIG next year, gonna piss alot of people off too. :youngsabo:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
HBO is developing a show by an Black author. I havent read the book but I will be watching as the cast will absolutely be all Black. At least I hope so since it seems to be set in Sudan.

HBO & George R.R. Martin Developing Who Fears Death TV Series

Who Fears Death, published in 2010 by DAW, an imprint of Penguin Books, is set in a fictionalized post-apocalyptic future version of Sudan, where the light-skinned Nuru oppress the dark-skinned Okeke. The protagonist, Onyesonwu (Igbo for “who fears death”), is an Ewu, the child of an Okeke woman raped by a Nuru man. On reaching maturity, she goes on a quest to defeat her sorcerous father Daib using her magical powers.

The book received the 2011 World Fantasy Award for Best Novel, and the 2010 Carl Brandon Kindred Award “for an outstanding work of speculative fiction dealing with race and ethnicity.” Okorafor followed Who Fears Death with a prequel, The Book of Phoenix, published by DAW in 2015.
Definitely read it before the series comes on tv. You won't regret it.

This is what John Boyega needs to get up on