“There’s no such thing as protein. You cab gain muscle just from spinach n kale” - dr. Sebi family

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
You let the west dictate and peer reviewed bullshyt.

Ppl have been eating meat since forever

But the amount meat ate by the west is extremely high and unnecessary

Half you nikkas don't even work out. The fukk you need so much protien. What nikkas do need to do is eat more fiber.

The uric acid in meats it's a killer

Contribute to diabetes, hbp, and all sorts of cancers.

Use common sense

And the shyt Dr Sebi said has also been proved by "science."
I assume you’re one of his offspring. That’s totally fine…do what you do. From the shyt I be reading, it’s always the ones that don’t drink water, eat whatever they want, smoke cigarettes their whole life, etc that live to be 100+ years old (I’m exaggerating but, not by much…). I’m not paying none of these people any mind. I’m just living

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I was about to post this. Spinach & kale also have protein.

There are also different types of protein.

Anyway, the only two good things I have heard from Dr. Sebi are sea moss & bladderwack. I have tried both & they work. Everything else is questionable.
What do they do

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny story,

My mother said she knew Dr Sebi, and it kinda blew my mind because he’s held up as such a lord of health in our culture that I forget that there’s people that actually would have closely known him in 80s/90s if they are a bit older than me lol

My Mom don’t know shyt about social media or black Twitter or message boards to get her opinion from or even know he’s being discussed today, and she was like he was such a scammer and liar and how he used to try to prey on all the young girls under the guise of “science” and that’s what he was known for lol…

She was so surprised when I told her his name is back in the media lol

Also it makes me wonder…like L Ron Hubbard and Scientology, 30 years from now will the black Generation 2050 worship people like Jay Morrison and Dr Umar lmao???

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
What do they do

Bladderwrack helps you clear your bowel & it does work. But I mostly use moringa now cos it’s cheaper & it does other things for the body. I can mix moringa with smoothies - that’s why I prefer it.

Sea moss is really good for the skin. I was messing with some Indian chick that was really into sea moss. I used to give her money to make it for me & it was money well spent. You’ll notice the difference within a few weeks.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was about to post this. Spinach & kale also have protein.

There are also different types of protein.

Anyway, the only two good things I have heard from Dr. Sebi are sea moss & bladderwack. I have tried both & they work. Everything else is questionable.

A cup of spinach or kale has .7 grams of protein :beli:

That might work for a gorilla but that's not doing much for a human being who's looking to build muscle.

People need to stop acting like all protein is equal. Plant based proteins are not the same as meat based. 20 grams of protein from lentils isn't giving you the same benefits as 20 grams of protein from chicken.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do think the fitness industry exaggerates the amount of protein you need to build/maintain muscle. Like for example, that 1 gram pound per bodyweight however that shyt goes. Y'all know what I'm talking about. I weigh around 220 pounds on average. That means I will have to consume 220 grams of protein daily to maintain muscle. I can only speak for myself but I get nowhere near that much protein daily. I just eat regular food and don't keep track of my protein count. I try to have protein in every meal I eat but 200+ daily? Hell no. And I still build muscle and haven't noticed any decrease in my strength either
It's very exaggerated

Also Americans consume too much protein anyway because we eat so much and have obscene portions of meat

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
tenor.gif

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
A cup of spinach or kale has .7 grams of protein :beli:

That might work for a gorilla but that's not doing much for a human being who's looking to build muscle.

People need to stop acting like all protein is equal. Plant based proteins are not the same as meat based. 20 grams of protein from lentils isn't giving you the same benefits as 20 grams of protein from chicken.

Sigh. Reading comprehension is a lost art on this forum.

I don’t remember arguing about plant based protein being equal to meat based protein. All I said is that spinach & kale also have protein in context of Dr. Sebi’s assertion that there’s no such thing as protein. And I also pointed out that there are different types of protein.

So, what are you arguing? Are you 5 & are you sure you have got GED?

Some of you just love twisting people’s posts for a non-existent argument.

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
I assume you’re one of his offspring. That’s totally fine…do what you do. From the shyt I be reading, it’s always the ones that don’t drink water, eat whatever they want, smoke cigarettes their whole life, etc that live to be 100+ years old (I’m exaggerating but, not by much…). I’m not paying none of these people any mind. I’m just living
Breh that's exactly where I'm at with it too man. I used to be vegan couple years ago in an attempt to deal with acne and other skin issues I was having. It helped slightly but I would still flare up for the most part. Anyway fast forward couple years and I now eat pretty much low carb and I'd say it cleared up 90% of my acne (still get the occasional pimple). So for me I realized MY issue was overdoing carbs. BUT I'd never tell someone to limit carbs because they have an entirely different body and makeup and I think that's the bottom line when it comes to health. You have to BE YOUR OWN DOCTOR. Experiment and see how your body reacts to shyt. Restrict certain foods and add them back to your diet and observe. I have friends that chain smoke, eat crap 24/7, don't drink a drop of water and have flawless skin. Where as for me if I eat a slice of bread I'm fukked for 2 weeks. We all different, genetics is some complex shyt so I think it's best to just find what works for you and do that

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do think the fitness industry exaggerates the amount of protein you need to build/maintain muscle. Like for example, that 1 gram pound per bodyweight however that shyt goes. Y'all know what I'm talking about. I weigh around 220 pounds on average. That means I will have to consume 220 grams of protein daily to maintain muscle. I can only speak for myself but I get nowhere near that much protein daily. I just eat regular food and don't keep track of my protein count. I try to have protein in every meal I eat but 200+ daily? Hell no. And I still build muscle and haven't noticed any decrease in my strength either

You got your numbers wrong. 1 gram per pound is typically what's needed to maintain muscle during a cut so you don't lose muscle mass while getting lean.

.8 grams is for building muscle.

.5 grams is to maintain so you'd be consuming 110 grams of protein not 220.

These numbers aren't exact they're just what's recommended. Different people will need more or less depending on their body and how well they can build muscle. Personally I have found the numbers to be accurate and struggled to make gains when but getting enough protein.