There’s a crisis with the new generation of American Hoopers

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
It will be more difficult for American players...you mean to tell South Sudan who has a bunch of 6'5+ plus mofos don't have one guy with dominant genes just walking around to be discovered. It is damn near impossible.
only issue is the guard skills

they always had big men growing on trees

but the bag never be more than a coin purse or fanny pack

when african players pick up the carry all duffel bag then it's over

right now they sauceless for whatever reason

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you need AAU to play college ball or can you get recruited off just high school ball? What’s the likelihood of being a walk on without AAU?

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Do you need AAU to play college ball or can you get recruited off just high school ball? What’s the likelihood of being a walk on without AAU?

High School games/tape

AAU helps for exposure. But you'll get scholarships if you're nice at your school.

You could also create a tape and try to get on at the D2/D3 where you'll play the whole game.

Last edited:

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Do you mean that there are better players that didn't play? Or that there just aren't good players at that level
Better players that didn’t play. But I will also say this..recruiting analysts have been saying for a while that the classes coming after 2020 weren’t that talented.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
It’s tough to make it to a high level school if you don’t play AAU. Even if it’s not on a shoe circuit..playing will help.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
High School games/tape

AAU helps for exposure. But you'll get scholarships if you're nice at your school.

You could also create a tape and try to get on at the D2/D3 where you'll play the whole game.
It’s tough to make it to a high level school if you don’t play AAU. Even if it’s not on a shoe circuit..playing will help.
So it does serve a purpose my kid started playing AAU at 10 years old over the years you get used to traveling and competing in different tournaments by the time the school season come between AAU and training they way better than the average kid who just playing. So I think it does serve a purpose.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So it does serve a purpose my kid started playing AAU at 10 years old over the years you get used to traveling and competing in different tournaments by the time the school season come between AAU and training they way better than the average kid who just playing. So I think it does serve a purpose.

* Better than the average American kid. Meanwhile overseas cats working on skill training and playing good team basketball

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Yeah keep the kid on the aau circuit and working. They’ll have a leg up on the average kid.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
* Better than the average American kid. Meanwhile overseas cats working on skill training and playing good team basketball
Yeah keep the kid on the aau circuit and working. They’ll have a leg up on the average kid.
Yea from attending tournaments it’s normally a few standouts surrounded by a few role players and it’s just iso ball highlighting the best kids on both teams. But I’m glad it’s there cuz the school coaches don’t do much like they used to like back when we were coming up.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: So Tatum has beaten Embiid in the Playoffs three times (outplaying him each time), made it to a Finals and multiple ECF (somewhere Embiid has never been), all while being4 years younger and he's categorized as an underachieving "AAU kid" while Embiid gets grouped into the "dominant foreigners" narrative. Yall don't even take a minute to consider how ridiculous your arguments are.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: So Tatum has beaten Embiid in the Playoffs three times (outplaying him each time), made it to a Finals and multiple ECF (somewhere Embiid has never been), all while being4 years younger and he's categorized as an underachieving "AAU kid" while Embiid gets grouped into the "dominant foreigners" narrative. Yall don't even take a minute to consider how ridiculous your arguments are.

Bro you just cherry picked one playoff series.
Plus Embid has an MVP, Tatum doesn't.

A Canadian and Serbian just won the American NBA finals. Pls stop

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have a close friend that coaches a top HS hoops team and travels during summer to coach hoops.

He said that the next generation overseas got some big men (currently kids) that are going to make American hoopers even more irrelevant in the upcoming years…he was like “get ready :francis:
How are American basketball players irrelevant? 25 of the first 28 players drafted were America. America has won the last 4 Olympics. :skip:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
embid is a product of american basketball (and any canadian btw), so i don't even know what he has to do with comparing our developmental system to one that's driven by professional basketball clubs in europe. if our massive amount of talent was combined with a pro driven developmental system they would be better off.