There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean...if we're just going to say that the cause is Magic then the discussion is over...
the cause of zombies has always been "magic"

there is no virus, parasite, whatever, that can resurrect the dead

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We talkin about fiction nikka of course there's a virus, parasite, whatever that can resurrect the dead :childplease:

even in a work of fiction, it's nonsense. how would any of those globally infect 100% of population?

furthermore, there is NO evidence of a virus, parasite, fungus, etc. one day the dead simply started returning to life, ready to kill the living--its biblical.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
We talkin about fiction nikka of course there's a virus, parasite, whatever that can resurrect the dead :childplease:

Right. The show is infinitely more interesting if the cause is a virus or something than to just say Magic happened. Same with most scifi/horror fiction.

X-men = Magic :scust:

Star Wars = Magic :scust:

Harry Potter = Magic :ehh: This one, I can concede to...

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
:yes: if zombies ever happened in real life. as someone who never really belived in religion. i'd probably be like "okay, god. you got me :ehh: "

You and venem have excellent points about religion. Its interesting to note how Romero vs Snyder vs Darabont vs this show deals with it.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right. The show is infinitely more interesting if the cause is a virus or something than to just say Magic happened. Same with most scifi/horror fiction.

X-men = Magic :scust:

Star Wars = Magic :scust:

Harry Potter = Magic :ehh: This one, I can concede to...
it's not magic though, it's biblical, and most zombie films starting from night of the living dead (1968) have held onto this lore.

what doesn't make zombies interesting is reducing it down to a simple virus that can be cured.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
it's not magic though, it's biblical, and most zombie films starting from night of the living dead (1968) have held onto this lore.

what doesn't make zombies interesting is reducing it down to a simple virus that can be cured.

No Zombie fiction that I can think of has stated that God or Christian Religion was the reason the dead came back alive...oh sure, there were religious characters who stated their opinion, but none of the movies or series have explicitly said, "Yup, God did it."

Even the original Night of the Living Dead (1968) pointed more explicitly to a Space Probe from Venus that was exploded in the atmosphere when returning than religion.

The Venus Space Probe

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No Zombie fiction that I can think of has stated that God or Christian Religion was the reason the dead came back alive...oh sure, there were religious characters who stated their opinion, but none of the movies or series have explicitly said, "Yup, God did it."

Even the original Night of the Living Dead (1968) pointed more explicitly to a Space Probe from Venus that was exploded in the atmosphere when returning than religion.

The Venus Space Probe

props, i don't even remember that scene. i know none of the movies have just came out and inexplicably said "god did it," but it's been alluded to in most of romeros films. even in TWD, jenner alludes that it's just as likely to be "gods wrath" over a virus, parasite, etc

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
props, i don't even remember that scene. i know none of the movies have just came out and inexplicably said "god did it," but it's been alluded to in most of romeros films. even in TWD, jenner alludes that it's just as likely to be "gods wrath" over a virus, parasite, etc

Allusion is def much different than explicitly stating a cause like they did in George Romero's Night of the Living Dead (Venus Space Probe), Return of the Living Dead (toxic gas), 28 Days Later (Man-made rage-inducing virus), Resident Evil (Umbrella Corproation made T-Virus), World War Z (mutated form of rabies) and others. Tons of examples, none God related.

As for Romero films in general, the fact that his zombies ONLY spread through bites implies that it is infection/virus/bacteria related. Otherwise everyone who died would come back to life, even those shot in the head. If "there's no more room in Hell" then why would a bullet to the brain stop a Zombie controlled/rejected by God himself?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Allusion is def much different than explicitly stating a cause like they did in George Romero's Night of the Living Dead (Venus Space Probe), Return of the Living Dead (toxic gas), 28 Days Later (Man-made rage-inducing virus), Resident Evil (Umbrella Corproation made T-Virus), World War Z (mutated form of rabies) and others. Tons of examples, none God related.

As for Romero films in general, the fact that his zombies ONLY spread through bites implies that it is infection/virus/bacteria related. Otherwise everyone who died would come back to life, even those shot in the head. If "there's no more room in Hell" then why would a bullet to the brain stop a Zombie controlled/rejected by God himself?

the infection isn't spread through bites. in romero films, no matter how you die, you become a zombie. the bite just hastens your death due to severe infection. if you're able to cut off the infection fast enough, you can survive.

as for your question, probably because the brain controls everything. religiously speaking, your soul is your consciousness, and your consciousness comes from your mind.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
the infection isn't spread through bites. in romero films, no matter how you die, you become a zombie. the bite just hastens your death due to severe infection. if you're able to cut off the infection fast enough, you can survive.

as for your question, probably because the brain controls everything. religiously speaking, your soul is your consciousness, and your consciousness comes from your mind.

You know what, you're absolutely right about the reanimation rule in Romero films...for some reason it slipped my mind...Which makes me wonder why audiences were so surprised by the "everyone is infected" reveal in The Walking Dead. Its been a rule/possibility in Zombie fiction since 1968, Kirkman dropped it in the show and milked it as if it were a brand new twist on the genre. He Drake'd that shyt and took credit for it. :comeon:

As for the destroying the brain, if the reanimated corpses are the work of God, that shouldn't stop them from moving around. Again I ask, if there's no more room in Hell, where are they going? [Note: I know this shyt ain't real, just enjoying breaking this down, lol]

In Return of the Living Dead, even destroying the Brain didn't stop the dead from coming at you:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You know what, you're absolutely right about the reanimation rule in Romero films...for some reason it slipped my mind...Which makes me wonder why audiences were so surprised by the "everyone is infected" reveal in The Walking Dead. Its been a rule/possibility in Zombie fiction since 1968, Kirkman dropped it in the show and milked it as if it were a brand new twist on the genre. He Drake'd that shyt and took credit for it. :comeon:

:laugh:

As for the destroying the brain, if the reanimated corpses are the work of God, that shouldn't stop them from moving around. Again I ask, if there's no more room in Hell, where are they going? [Note: I know this shyt ain't real, just enjoying breaking this down, lol]

In Return of the Living Dead, even destroying the Brain didn't stop the dead from coming at you:

you're asking me a questions it's impossible to give logical answers to. so i'll just say purgatory and keep it pushing. :yeshrug: also, i dont count return of living dead in my zombie lore. shyt is a bootleg comedy to me.