There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Cal was the only death I wasn't fukking with...They dropped the ball with that character...I wanted to know more about him...he could've been an anti-hero or some shyt...

so much they could've done...

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
No... when the old man died, the nurse said something to the effect of "we got to get him downstairs". They probably have some reanimated dead already in that hospital.
even if that is the case, think of all the families of dead people all over the country and even the world every single day who have to bury their bodies. the zombie facial appearance cant be hidden from them, and you cant just not let them deal with their dead. think of all the fatal car accidents, warzones in the middle east and africa, and every day murders that leave neighbors to discover the bodies. there is no way to hide it if it is in everyone.

due to shear numbers, this cant be a universal infection yet without the whole world becoming aware that all dead bodies reanimate. this infection is playing out like it has a patient zero and some early common contagious person or substance among them.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
come on man we know that the govt knows what's happening so they are probably destroying everybody that turns, but eventually things will get out of hand and they'll lose control and abandon trying to cover shyt up
if it is widespread then it should be exposed in normal daily life. there is no realistic way to hide that. even medical professionals should be getting killed because they dont know what they are doing yet. (see texas hostpital's failure in it's response to one ebola patient). this has to be somewhat contained but growing out of hand exponentially in each episode

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
due to shear numbers, this cant be a universal infection yet without the whole world becoming aware that all dead bodies reanimate. this infection is playing out like it has a patient zero and some early common contagious person or substance among them.
That's why I think this "flu" that's going around is the infection being spread. It's not killing people but it's putting the zombie gene in them so everyone isn't turning yet because everyone hasn't caught this "flu" yet. :yeshrug: At least theat's the only theory I can come up with.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
That's why I think this "flu" that's going around is the infection being spread. It's not killing people but it's putting the zombie gene in them so everyone isn't turning yet because everyone hasn't caught this "flu" yet. :yeshrug: At least theat's the only theory I can come up with.
while there are certain problems with the spreading flu theory (how can everybody catch the same flu, especially when international travel is about to decline dramatically?) it does explain why zombification is not 1:1 with dead bodies yet.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its not a flu, these are people that are bitten.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Calvin wasn't bit
calvin was shot, he didnt have any flu-like symptoms. at some point, everyone that died started to reanimate.

im rolling with the romero theory. hell overflowed, so the death now walks the earth :blessed:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Hi!

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
calvin was shot, he didnt have any flu-lile symptons. at some point, everyone that died started to reanimate.

im rolling with the romero theory. hell overflowed, so the death now walks the earth :blessed:
We didn't see Calvin with any symptoms. It's possible he had already recovered. It's just speculation anyway since Kirkman & co. will never reveal the source of the outbreak

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We didn't see Calvin with any symptoms. It's possible he had already recovered. It's just speculation anyway since Kirkman & co. will never reveal the source of the outbreak
recovered? :heh: recover from what? everyone that dies turns, theres nothing to recover from. lets assume its a global virus, the virus isnt what kills you.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
recovered? :heh: recover from what? everyone that dies turns, theres nothing to recover from. lets assume its a global virus, the virus isnt what kills you.
You missed my theory a couple posts up. I'm thinking the flu that had half the school empty is what's infecting people. It's not killing them but it is planting that zombie gene within them. So that's what I was saying when I said said Calvin might have recovered already, meaning he got over the flu but he was infected and that's why he turned.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
C'mon, bruh.
The rules of The Walking Dead Universe is that everyone is infected already and will become a zombie when they die and being bitten by a zombie speeds up the process. So there is really no point in arguing any other personal theories because the folks behind the show have gone on record as planning on never explaining how the zombie outbreak started. Just accept what is and speculate from there. So Calvin became a zombie because he died. Period. Matt got bit and is now about to die and be re-animated. Period.

Now with the rate of deaths being something like 110 people dying every minute globally, there should be more zombies roaming around especially in places like hospitals. And I am going to need some explanation for why zombies seem to be disappearing after biting people.