There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Dawn of the Dead original and remake run circles over this crap.

the fukking DVD extras runs circles over this fear the walking dead crap. Kirkman and AMC would just find a way to ruin 28 Days and Dawn.

RIP Richard Biggs, he made that sketch work and I like that Snyder put in the Babylon 5 connection with Bruce Boxleitner voicing the President.

I'm not going to get further involved with the racial politics of this show, I'm tired of arguing, it can't be any worse than the c00nery of Love and Hip Hop, right? Can't I just enjoy the Zombie Apocalypse and let the Undead eat humans equally?

That being said, it is hard to really feel any empathy to the characters as we probably see them as weak and idiotic since we've been surviving with Rick Grimes and company since day 1. The only characters I like:
Nick - If he was sharing needles with ol girl, wouldn't he be showing symptoms by now?
Alicia - She's a fighter even though she leads with emotion and not any sense of logic...she's ride or die tho.
Tobias as he's got heart and knew something was going down, and at least he tried to take down Principal Zombie

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Is he white or not? People keep saying he's white, but he doesn't look white at all to me.:jbhmm:

Latino isn't technically a race, but America see it as one.
According to his Backstage profile he can play an age range of 18-30 and he can play the following Ethnicities: Hispanic, Ethnically Ambiguous / Mixed Race

He also can do Mexican and British accents.
Lincoln A. Castellanos

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
'Fear the Walking Dead' Boss Defends Black Character Deaths

AMC's Fear the Walking Dead may only be two episodes into its run, but the body count is already starting to add up.

The Walking Dead companion series killed off the school's principal, Artie, as the outbreak continued to spread and the undead became more violent. The death of the school's principal marked the third African-American character to be killed off, and joined Alicia's boyfriend Matt as well as Nick's drug-dealer friend, Calvin.

Artie's death came after Madison (Kim dikkens) returned to the school to find medication to help son Nick (Frank Dillane) cope with his withdrawals and was forced to put down her former boss, who had turned after being stabbed.

Here, showrunner Dave Erickson talks with The Hollywood Reporter about the polarizing character deaths, what secret Madison is hiding from her past and why nobody wants to tell Alicia what's going on.

Counting Artie, Alicia's boyfriend, Matt, and Calvin, the three central deaths on the show so far have been African-American. Was that something you were cognizant of during production? Considering the flagship series has come under fire for similar issues, why did you opt to make those decisions?

When we were writing the pilot, it wasn't something that came up in conversations in the room or with the network. Ultimately, it came down to when we were casting those parts, we didn't know who was going to live, who would die or how those stories would arc out or not arc out. For us, it was about casting that felt reflective of the community and getting the best actor and that was the final determining factor.

When you decided to kill all three characters, did you think about tweaking that at all? That's a lot in two episodes.

Once the story was set, it was the story. Once the story is playing out in a specific way, that's the line that you want to follow. It wasn't as though we were writing those characters and then casting those characters with an intention of, "This is going to be the death scene for this episode." For that episode, it was about how it would reflect on the characters themselves and how things would play out over the course of the season. I realize it's clearly become an issue and it's something we are mindful of. But ultimately it's trying to tell the story the best way we can and cast the best people we can. I wouldn't want to go back and recast a character just to avoid … if it doesn't feel true to the character or the relationship — the relationship with Alicia and Matt or Calvin and Nick — it's really about the reality of the world that we're trying to inhabit and trying to have the best actors portray those parts. When you're dealing with a show where you have a cast that is as diverse as ours is, it's inevitable that characters of color are going to get bit and are going to turn or die. If you look at the larger scope of this season, what people will see is that there is parity. We want to tell the story in the best way we can and want the best actors to play those parts. It would have been a mistake to go with Anglo actors for those particular roles because I don't think that's honest to the world of the show.

'Fear the Walking Dead' Boss Defends Polarizing Character Deaths

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Why is everyone so angry in here? :mjlol: Stop expecting TWD because it's not, let this shyt cook..it's been 2 very good episodes so far.

Maybe for ZNation. Except ZNation is better on less Budger. This show ain't good at all. Too much filler, too much undercover bigotry, too much idiot balling.

Oh well.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
'Fear the Walking Dead' Boss Defends Black Character Deaths

It would have been a mistake to go with Anglo actors for those particular roles because I don't think that's honest to the world of the show.

'Fear the Walking Dead' Boss Defends Polarizing Character Deaths
Why would it have been a mistake to make Calvin the Drug Dealer a white guy in this show's world? Are all the drug dealers in the L.A. of TWD black? TWD Universe white dudes can't sell drugs? What the fukk?

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
After seeing that fake ass cac baby move with lightening speed, then that female zombie pop out of nowhere...knew the writing was b.s.:scust:

:camby:I really tried to hold on...but couldnt...

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am ready for another spin-off...TOBIAS THE ZOMBIE HUNTER!
HDuFMAw.jpg