There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I remember reading an interview with one of the writers on the show and they said that in TWD universe(s) there is no such thing as zombies. as in there's no zombie movies, comics, or legends. that's why they call them walkers instead because the word zombie basically doesn't exist there.
Think about that.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Notld cemented zombie ad social commentary, but most of the popular shorthand for zombie behavior comes from rotld.

The pop image of zombies owes most to rotld.

how can this be when night of the living dead sold 30 mil compared to RoTD's 14 mil?

when we think of zombies in todays pop culture, you HAVE to give credit to romero above all else

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched the pilot... Yall over reacting... .Its gonna be a slow burn, but a good one... Just let it cook.... The junkie kid is gonna kill...... The mom too..... There gonna pack a lot in these 6 episodes....... they just setting us up with the character types.....

Just think, if a zombie apocalypse did break out in real life, we would deny it or be in the dark until it was absolutely too late...... We would disregard it as a bird flu epidemic or something until we're the ones getting bit in the face

Daps
not feelings the lack of of Nubian people in the main cast and the fact one of the few brothers whom looks as if he could be a recurring character didn't survive the first episode.:shaq2:.. that being said the show seems more suspenseful than the original and i already find this caste and their story lines more interesting than the sociopaths gang of cacs,latina bedwench, token Chinaman,and subordinate fetch its on the TWD.

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
Snitchin Randy :russ:

Love seein my nikkas land on they feet :to:

Haven't actually finished the first ep tho :sadcam:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I didn't like how the black characters were depicted:

1) Black cop is under minded and told to fukk off by the white lady

2) Black principal was under minded and ignored by the student, but student halts to attention for the white lady.

3) The black boyfriend talks about how stupid he is compared to his white girlfriend...

4) The nice guy black kid is some two faced, deceptive drug dealer. Typical deceptive black character hollywood has been churning out for years, even star wars and star trek pulled this shyt.

5) All that's left is the weak, take the high road character who tries to sacrifice himself for the white characters.

Plus, the whole thing felt like a fukkin lifetime movie.
:shaq2:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
i think the whole thing about casting snitching randy so he can play a guy killing someone he suspects might be snitching was comedy on the part of the casting director