There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
What is the origin of zombies? What is the origin of the word zombies?

By removing zombies, you've removed Africa, you've removed the history of slavery, you've removed new world blacks, you've removed the one group of people who have experience with zombies. You've removed the experts. You've removed the chance to delve deeper into why zombies exist.

But we don't get that. There is no 'in X culture, the zombie blah blah blah'.

There is no acknowledgement.

There is erasure.

And that's why I had to give it up for Z Nation. Not because they use the word, but because they actually explore the beginnings of zombies, in nature and artificially. The black experience is not erased. Black people are not erased.
:mjlol: what

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
To the brehs complaining about lack of Latinos in the show, I'd bet my bottom dollar that after the ZA is in full effect we will see a villain Latino gang attack or beef with the main characters of the show (i.e A Governor type crew full of latinos) same goes for Black people, you just know they are gonna have some fake black street gang that survived the ZA and will end up beefing with the main characters :ld:

Daps
Reppin
Canada
To the brehs complaining about lack of Latinos in the show, I'd bet my bottom dollar that after the ZA is in full effect we will see a villain Latino gang attack or beef with the main characters of the show (i.e A Governor type crew full of latinos) same goes for Black people, you just know they are gonna have some fake black street gang that survived the ZA and will end up beefing with the main characters :ld:

Wasn't there the hospital in ATL with latino people that got overrun? That was in the 1st or 2nd season of TWD.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
These white ppl are way too casual about wandering into crackhouses at night, touching shyt, and getting drug user blood on them.
If I slip and fall in glass and fresh crackhouse blood I'm freaking all the way out for weeks until my aids tests and shyt come back. These ppl are just like "Whoops. Looks like I got heroin user blood all over me. I had better be more careful." :dead:

Also, nobody's driving into the LA river at 2 in the afternoon on a weekday to shoot somebody.

I know ppl that don't stay in LA don't understand how ridiculous that is... but its fukking ridiculous. Might as well kill somebody in the Staples Center parking lot.

You can see who/what is going on there for miles in multiple directions.

1-river-bridge.jpg

So many contrived plot holes...
What was his big plan? Murder the privileged white kid he was just seen meeting at the Norms Restaurant, before they left in his car without ordering anything?

Really?

Then what?
th

:laff: honestly this is why I like watching this show and other apocalyptic shows...the plot holes just make your mind wander all over the place

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
This eps look sus ass fuk. Nothing but black folks being killed and disappearing

The cliché nerd that know everything and nobody want to listen. . ..GTFOH bytchboy:camby:

Shyty first episode

They made the fat white kid as unattractive as possible even by hollywood standards. Wonder why. :sas2:

And thank you to marcuz for the heads up on the Maori's last name now being Manawa.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
These white ppl are way too casual about wandering into crackhouses at night, touching shyt, and getting drug user blood on them.
If I slip and fall in glass and fresh crackhouse blood I'm freaking all the way out for weeks until my aids tests and shyt come back. These ppl are just like "Whoops. Looks like I got heroin user blood all over me. I had better be more careful." :dead:

Also, nobody's driving into the LA river at 2 in the afternoon on a weekday to shoot somebody.

I know ppl that don't stay in LA don't understand how ridiculous that is... but its fukking ridiculous. Might as well kill somebody in the Staples Center parking lot.

You can see who/what is going on there for miles in multiple directions.

1-river-bridge.jpg

So many contrived plot holes...
What was his big plan? Murder the privileged white kid he was just seen meeting at the Norms Restaurant, before they left in his car without ordering anything?

Really?

Then what?
th

:thumbsdown:
Then the step-dad found out the drug addict mental escapee white kid shot the clean-cut black kid they had just saw was on the up and up, talking about some "Whatever happened... it was self defense" :ucku: this racist show
Already starting the 1 black person tops rule in the pilot.
:mjpls:

I'm done with these shows sneakdissin the black community with the black character doing scenes like "I gotsta goesta community college cause I'm not smart like the white girl" and calling it character development. .:camby:
Why would he even kill him? Shyt was so stupid

I thought that was his gay lover at first

Daps
Reppin
Canada
shyt literally made no sense and i said the same thing. there was no reason for him to want to kill a damn junky over that shyt :heh:
Maybe he was like Gus and prefers to show the squeaky clean demeanor to outsiders as much as possible.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
part of the suspense is zombie media is not knowing where the epidemic came from. the characters involved are supposed to be completely oblivious to zombies. we're not supposed to know if its a biological weapon or a religious plague.?
That is not true for all zombie media though.
Z-Nation is very enjoyable and they are exploring the cause of the zombie outbreak and one of my favorite zombie movies, Return of the Living Dead, immediately showed what was creating the zombies.
Things don't have to be so vague and most of the vague stuff seems to come from properties aping what Romero did.