There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
To the brehs complaining about lack of Latinos in the show, I'd bet my bottom dollar that after the ZA is in full effect we will see a villain Latino gang attack or beef with the main characters of the show (i.e A Governor type crew full of latinos) same goes for Black people, you just know they are gonna have some fake black street gang that survived the ZA and will end up beefing with the main characters :ld:
The second episode looks to have at least 4 Latino characters with speaking parts in it from the previews.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That is not true for all zombie media though.
Z-Nation is very enjoyable and they are exploring the cause of the zombie outbreak and one of my favorite zombie movies, Return of the Living Dead, immediately showed what was creating the zombies.
Things don't have to be so vague and most of the vague stuff seems to come from properties aping what Romero did.

return of the living dead? :heh: zombie media begins with romero zombies, imo. not a movie that came out almost two decades later. z-nation also takes place several years into the zombie apocalypse, it's not an origins story.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the point that many of you are missing is the cause of the zombie apocalypse is supposed to be left a mystery. there will never be a cure or vaccine for it. as much as they consider it a viral agent, it could just as likely be the hand of god.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
return of the living dead? :heh: zombie media begins with romero zombies, imo. not a movie that came out almost two decades later. z-nation also takes place several years into the zombie apocalypse, it's not an origins story.
Just because Romero did it doesn't mean that is what every other zombie property has to do though and Return of the Living Dead showing how people became zombies didn't do anything to diminish the film at all.
And by the last episode of Season 1 on Z-Nation we knew what caused the zombie outbreak.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just because Romero did it doesn't mean that is what every other zombie property has to do though and Return of the Living Dead showing how people became zombies didn't do anything to diminish the film at all.
And by the last episode of Season 1 on Z-Nation we knew what caused the zombie outbreak.
luckily, TWD is going by romeros law and not return of the living dead. i found RoLD corny and unwatchable. i doubt most zombie fans want a bunch of talking zombies, running around screaming "BRAINS! BRAINS!"

as for z-nation. they went a different direction with it, and that's fine for them. i prefer zombie tv/movies where it's all unknown and there's no cure/vaccine.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
thats the one thing that always bothers me about zombie anything

it always starts on the premise that nobody in the entire world ever heard a zombie story, read anything in history about a zombie, no movies, nobody even thought up the idea... ever

because whenever it starts, nobody knows what it is, nobody believes it... these fools spend at least a third to half of the movie finding out it's the bites that spread it

if this really happened people would be going to war from the first video online.. popping nikkas in the head for yawning

I remember reading an interview with one of the writers on the show and they said that in TWD universe(s) there is no such thing as zombies. as in there's no zombie movies, comics, or legends. that's why they call them walkers instead because the word zombie basically doesn't exist there.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
considering the white kid will undoubtedly get some kind of redemption story, i'm going with the role model student/murdering drug dealer being worse.

oh ok.... so a black person can never play a drug dealer in a movie/tv shows because clearly they are trying to say something about the black community. got it

this is some cry baby shyt if ive ever heard it. black drug dealers do exist in real life you know ? yall are worse than jews whining about anti semitism

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh ok.... so a black person can never play a drug dealer in a movie/tv shows because clearly they are trying to say something about the black community. got it

this is some cry baby shyt if ive ever heard it. black drug dealers do exist in real life you know ? yall are worse than jews whining about anti semitism

crying? you asked a question and i answered it. as for your question, drug dealers and thugs are the only roles damn near exclusive for black males in media.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
crying? you asked a question and i answered it. as for your question, drug dealers and thugs are the only roles damn near exclusive for black males in media.

no, they arent. tons of non blacks have played drug dealers. you see what you want

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I remember reading an interview with one of the writers on the show and they said that in TWD universe(s) there is no such thing as zombies. as in there's no zombie movies, comics, or legends. that's why they call them walkers instead because the word zombie basically doesn't exist there.
Its like when witch movies ignore the existence of Houdon, or vampire series ignore the implications of antebellum vampires :sas1:

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
no, they arent. tons of non blacks have played drug dealers. you see what you want
A friend had Adam-12 on TV a couple weeks ago.

The roles black men and women were relegated to, and how they were treated vs their white counterparts.... No, it's not seeing what one wants.

Though could be a case of differing designations of importance.

Why did the black kid have to be his dealer at all? How many ways could we have gotten to Cal's death without the undercurrent of he deserved it?

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A friend had Adam-12 on TV a couple weeks ago.

The roles black men and women were relegated to, and how they were treated vs their white counterparts.... No, it's not seeing what one wants.

Though could be a case of differing designations of importance.

Why did the black kid have to be his dealer at all? How many ways could we have gotten to Cal's death without the undercurrent of he deserved it?

hmmm maybe lots of different types people auditioned for the role and hes the one that got it ? and i didnt feel like any undercurrent that he deserved it.
i wanted him to live because i thought the character was interesting, especially if something in his drugs caused this. who, where was he getting his shyt from ?
i guess now we'll never know

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Now that I think about it, since it was a pilot episode that budget must've been slim af at the time of making it. Couldn't do hundreds of scenes with zombies ripping people apart and shyt. I expect more zombie action next few weeks

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
luckily, TWD is going by romeros law and not return of the living dead. i found RoLD corny and unwatchable. i doubt most zombie fans want a bunch of talking zombies, running around screaming "BRAINS! BRAINS!"

as for z-nation. they went a different direction with it, and that's fine for them. i prefer zombie tv/movies where it's all unknown and there's no cure/vaccine.
Notld cemented zombie ad social commentary, but most of the popular shorthand for zombie behavior comes from rotld.

The pop image of zombies owes most to rotld.

And Linnea Quigley had a hell of a dancers body back then. No t*ts, no ass, but flexible like a muhfukker and she looooooved to get naked.

The ending had balls.

The message about making things worse was deep in its own way, and appropriately anti government/military end all be all.