v9Rn6fw.jpg

AMC on that :mjpls: again :snoop:

Cal was a drug dealer and died :why:

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Instead of making the dad play a Mexican, they should have let him play what he really is. Could have added some flavor, instead of the brownfacing. How does a Pacific Islander American deal with two blended families?

And then they could add some throwaway lines about why the bytch mom has a half black son who's a junkie. Would provide a reason why he shoots up, why he seeks out Cal as a best friend and why his sister can engage in that incestuous moment with him. And why Mom can waltz in and feel comfortable circumventing the authority of black cops and black principals.

Mom has preferences. Dad is gone and the kid wants his real Dad back, but mom keeps him out of the picture.

He's playing a Mexican with the last name manawa? That shyt ain't close to Mexican breh.

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
i liked it :yeshrug:

what a surprise the coli turns it into racial discussion :snoop:

I normally don't like doing shyt like this but how can you ignore such obvious racism?

First the black guy gets eaten. Then the one good one just disappears. The other is a drug dealer selling to a troubled white kid. Lol

And I'm going to repeat it. No fukken Hispanics? Latin? Mexican? Whatever you want to call it. They could've at least had an extra slanging oranges on a freeway exit or something.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Just watched the premiere and even giving it the benefit of the doubt as a pilot, it really wasn't that great. The 1st season is 6 episodes, so I'll probably stick with it but there really wasn't anything compelling from a character or storyline perspective that make me think it will turn out to be great.

Pretty much knowing where everything is headed and seeing characters react in foolish ways isn't something I have much interest in right now, especially with so many good shows airing now. There is always the potential for them to tackle an issue with a new light, but that has never been the strong suit of the franchise. Then again I was never one of the people who really cared out how the zombie outbreak started or spread in the OG series :yeshrug:.

Good to see Malik from Suburgatory pop up briefly, if only to disappear half-way thru the episode. Not mad at Lexa from The 100 didn't another paycheck either, even if her character on this seems to be far less interesting than being the leader of The Grounders.

I know what's done is done and the economics of TV make it harder, but I think it would have been more interesting when they decided to do the spin-off if they would have gone with an anthology route like say a Twilight Zone, Black Mirror, etc where each episode is a self contained story set in TWD universe that focuses on a different character/group and you bring in different writers or directors to give their take. That way you could have had some great talent pop up and switch up the tone, maybe go comedic in one episode etc.

I hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't shock me to see before long that Teacher-Junkie family discovers the real threat aren't the walkers, but people in this new reality :martin:

this should been the wave they ran with ...

they could get a -list talent to come through

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I normally don't like doing shyt like this but how can you ignore such obvious racism?

First the black guy gets eaten. Then the one good one just disappears. The other is a drug dealer selling to a troubled white kid. Lol

And I'm going to repeat it. No fukken Hispanics? Latin? Mexican? Whatever you want to call it. They could've at least had an extra slanging oranges on a freeway exit or something.

racism? yall are ridiculous.

the first black guy was not even a character on the show some random dude who was dead. if you paid attention there was a white guy who was dead before him.

the black kid was a dealer... so what? the white kid is a fukking FIEND. which is worse ?

yall constantly cry racism in places where there is none.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Dunno the relationship seemed realistic. Lol the white fiend told his parents that Calvin was a friend when he was over selling him heroin on the low. Lol

I knew Calvin was gotta dead him from the jump but the dude was too much of a junkie or had no street smarts.

Also think about colis reaction to the black characters and how they're scrutinized. Probably why there's hardly any in shows like this.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What is the origin of zombies? What is the origin of the word zombies?

By removing zombies, you've removed Africa, you've removed the history of slavery, you've removed new world blacks, you've removed the one group of people who have experience with zombies. You've removed the experts. You've removed the chance to delve deeper into why zombies exist.

But we don't get that. There is no 'in X culture, the zombie blah blah blah'.

There is no acknowledgement.

There is erasure.

And that's why I had to give it up for Z Nation. Not because they use the word, but because they actually explore the beginnings of zombies, in nature and artificially. The black experience is not erased. Black people are not erased.
part of the suspense is zombie media is not knowing where the epidemic came from. the characters involved are supposed to be completely oblivious to zombies. we're not supposed to know if its a biological weapon or a religious plague.

i still dont know what you mean about "erasing black people" when there's black people in the story. as for z-nation, i thought it was established the "virus" was man-made by the government?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
racism? yall are ridiculous.

the first black guy was not even a character on the show some random dude who was dead. if you paid attention there was a white guy who was dead before him.

the black kid was a dealer... so what? the white kid is a fukking FIEND. which is worse ?

yall constantly cry racism in places where there is none.
considering the white kid will undoubtedly get some kind of redemption story, i'm going with the role model student/murdering drug dealer being worse.

Daps
Is it really that hard to fathom, what happens when those dots are not only not connected but are banned from being referenced?
Maybe i need to put on my coli militant glasses cause I don't see the connection between the people in TWD world forgeting about zombie lore and its relevance for wiping black people out of existence :heh:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Dunno the relationship seemed realistic. Lol the white fiend told his parents that Calvin was a friend when he was over selling him heroin on the low. Lol

I knew Calvin was gotta dead him from the jump but the dude was too much of a junkie or had no street smarts.

Also think about colis reaction to the black characters and how they're scrutinized. Probably why there's hardly any in shows like this.
Thank god, Rather not see them if they just going to show us to be inferior and worthless but hey some do and accept the propaganda /condition