There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Stop paying attention to the Internet the guvment will let us know :usure:

First sign of nikkas eating each other getting the family and we locking and loading:demonic:
thats the one thing that always bothers me about zombie anything

it always starts on the premise that nobody in the entire world ever heard a zombie story, read anything in history about a zombie, no movies, nobody even thought up the idea... ever

because whenever it starts, nobody knows what it is, nobody believes it... these fools spend at least a third to half of the movie finding out it's the bites that spread it

if this really happened people would be going to war from the first video online.. popping nikkas in the head for yawning

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Speaking of backdrops, they should have set the show in Vancouver instead of LA since that's where the show being filmed. Why even bother with LA if they're just using LA to name drop? A zombie show set in Canada would actually be something fresh, see the Canadian response to how shyt goes down, and how Canadians deal with both the US and Russian borders as well as word from Mother England.

I'm not impatient, I just want good story telling. The TWD season 1 premier allowed us to learn about and connect to the main characters in a lot less time than this bloated mess did. It set up motivations, flaws, strengths, the works. It was very well done.

This show is just a bad start -- like ZNation, which gets no credit for improving. But I'm supposed to stick with TWD and give it benefits of the doubt ZNation didn't get because why?

This show will not improve. It was supposed to be different from TWD, but we just get more of the same Plot Armor and Status Quo are King b.s. that TWD wallows in. And the way black men are treated again, it's not cool, man. It's not cool.
that is one reason why the us would be the hardest for this to happen in... there's more guns than people in the US

can you imagine an outbreak in the UK.... the cops don't even have guns on hand

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
that is one reason why the us would be the hardest for this to happen in... there's more guns than people in the US

can you imagine an outbreak in the UK.... the cops don't even have guns on hand

Getting headshots under pressure ain't exactly easy, especially with a handgun.

Cops & Military are trained for center mass.....the average gun owner ain't pulling off easy headshots.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Getting headshots under pressure ain't exactly easy, especially with a handgun.

Cops & Military are trained for center mass.....the average gun owner ain't pulling off easy headshots.
i don't disagree... but would you rather be in america with a gun store to raid on every corner... or out in the UK with your pocket knife

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
i don't disagree... but would you rather be in america with a gun store to raid on every corner... or out in the UK with your pocket knife

Depends, you can get hunting rifles over there and the lack of guns may mean there's more people working together where as here in the US you're gonna end up with some situations where dudes are trying to take your shyt cause they got guns bigger than yours :lupe:

Plus, all them old castles they got out there with the 50+ foot tall walls? :blessed:

Last edited:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The writing was terrible for this episode. Nothing made sense and this has to be the worst depiction of LA I have ever seen in a TV show.

Having a zombie in the first scene was a bad idea. Our first encounter should of been through a news clip or a newspaper article or something like that talking about a virus and symptoms. I know its been done before but its the most realistic way an encounter like this would first happen.

I think the writers are making the mistake of thinking they have to give a lot of setup in order for us to care about the characters which is not true. Spending 40 mins on a family and their first world problems isn't gonna make us care about them. Quality vs Quantity

I hope they focus more on the setting and how the world reacts because I don't want another rick grimes character trying to reunite with his family..

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
care about the characters which is not true. Spending 40 mins on a family and their first world problems isn't gonna make us care about them. Quality vs Quantity

I hope they focus more on the setting and how the world reacts because I don't want another rick grimes character trying to reunite with his family..

this is exactly what its going to be

this guy is going to turn from nice teacher, into rick, then shane

so predictable

:manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Depends, you can get hunting rifles over there and the lack of guns may mean there's more people working together where as here in the US you're gonna end up with some situations where dudes are trying to take your shyt cause they got guns bigger than yours :lupe:

Plus, all them old castles they got out there with the 50+ foot tall walls? :blessed:
:ohhh:

that might be the single greatest idea i've heard... plus you know they still got all the old swords in there... plus if you can find some armor :wow:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh:

that might be the single greatest idea i've heard... plus you know they still got all the old swords in there... plus if you can find some armor :wow:
Bodiam-Castle-630x393.jpg

Corbis-AH001465.jpg

Zombie proof and has it's own fresh water source :blessed:

Get some chainmail, a big ass broadsword and we good breh. Alternative in the US would be living on an oil rig, you good money there too.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thats the one thing that always bothers me about zombie anything

it always starts on the premise that nobody in the entire world ever heard a zombie story, read anything in history about a zombie, no movies, nobody even thought up the idea... ever

because whenever it starts, nobody knows what it is, nobody believes it... these fools spend at least a third to half of the movie finding out it's the bites that spread it

if this really happened people would be going to war from the first video online.. popping nikkas in the head for yawning
i don't see that as a problem. there wouldn't be much of a story if zombies lore existed in zombie films.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The writing was terrible for this episode. Nothing made sense and this has to be the worst depiction of LA I have ever seen in a TV show.

Having a zombie in the first scene was a bad idea. Our first encounter should of been through a news clip or a newspaper article or something like that talking about a virus and symptoms. I know its been done before but its the most realistic way an encounter like this would first happen.

I think the writers are making the mistake of thinking they have to give a lot of setup in order for us to care about the characters which is not true. Spending 40 mins on a family and their first world problems isn't gonna make us care about them. Quality vs Quantity

yeah, it was a shyt depiction of LA. especially since the rest of show is filmed in canada. but i disagree with your assessment of how it'd go down. realistically, who reads newspapers anymore? much more likely we'd come across viral videos. plus they were talking about a possible virus, the guy switched radio stations.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
i don't see that as a problem. there wouldn't be much of a story if zombies lore existed in zombie films.
Zombie lore not existing in zombie films completely erases the origins of zombies. It's another way to remove black people and a black presence. If you don't explore the origins of zombies, or acknowledge them, then it's easier to pretend the world is white and only white history matters.

Much respect, again, to the much maligned ZNation.