There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I figured the first episode would be slow paced. Gotta introduce the characters.

Only thing I didn't like was the gay ass dealer-fiend cuddle up in a restaurant conversation.

:scust:

The ending was perfect tho. I can't imagine the confusion in actually seeing a zombie real live in the flesh for the first time.

:dwillhuh:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On the subject of the perceived problem The Walking Dead has with black male characters, I was checking out a couple online articles where the subject was brought up and the comments section was almost overwhelmingly full of white people upset that "people are always bringing up race" and talking about how diverse the cast of FTWD already is (even though the main cast is a family of three white people and 1 Latino guy) and other comments tinged with white privilege.
It got me to thinking about how the white viewership would react if FTWD killed off all the white people and the show focused on a cast of only black and Latino characters?
Would FTWD be labeled as a "minority show" and would it cost the show white viewers?

if the show were just blacks and latinos, a lot of whites would just stop watching. they can't envision any scenario in which they aren't the main focus of the story.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
School bus that holds 40 pulls up with 5 kids on it...
"flu shots"

:francis:

walk through a metal detector THAT YOU KNOW IN ADVANCE YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH CAUSE ITS THERE ERRRRDAY with a knife :francis:

lets all set our differences aside to murder the black villain :francis:

they should move this cac shyt to the CW:pacspit:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was okay.

Really liked the cinematography. Not a fan of any of the characters yet, but I didn't really like anybody on TWD until late in the 1st season.

:ehh:

Kinda feel like this might have worked better if I'd never had to sit through all TWD tropes already. Their going to need to really push the writing on this to keep it compelling.

Will give it a season to develop.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
'Fear the Walking Dead' Sets All-Time Cable Ratings Premiere Record

:wow:

The production quality seems higher on this show than TWD
yeah i think this has more potential that TWD, just will be a choice of if people actually let it develop or just :damn: over no zombies yet

i think the big things it has going for it so far is the production. i liked it, music was nice and it had a good vibe. i like the dad and son but will give time for the wife and daughter, even though im used to the teenage angst portrayal so im not really bothered by stufflike that anymore. i would have liked if they kept around the black drug friend, his interactions with them would have been cool to see, like if the parents think they can really trust him when he's been posing as a wholesome kid to them. but we'll see where they go from here

Last edited: