There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Snitchin Randy left Baltimore and now he is zombie food apparently. LMAO.

This first episode I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. It was slow as hell. All that family drama put me to sleep. And where are the walkers going? It's as if they are making a conscious effort to disappear. Almost like they are aware that they don't have the numbers yet so they are laying low. I was expecting random fukkery in the middle of the streets without warning. Instead we get the predictable police footage. I'll continue to give it a pass for now but I'm expecting a lot better in the future episodes.

That's what I'm saying.

Like where the fukk did the zombies go?

They went back to that church place TWICE and not a single fukking zombie...

The dude died in the hospital room and not a single zombie..

The only real zombie altercation of course was the only fukking black guy in the show (it's like they fired the black boyfriend mid-episode)

And cal did seem gay af, I wouldn't be surprised if they made him gay somehow.

I'll give this show a chance but it's already annoying me

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
if you lookin for pro black shyt on tv, you might wanna rethink watching any mainstream tv channel from now on.
i actually don't even need to see a black person in a show in order to like it. i just don't like these diversity quota bullshyt storylines where the writer is told "you know you don't have any black characters right?" and he goes "shyt" and then writes it in some bytch made dumbasses and gets rid of them quick and says "ok satisfied now?" it's either that or this is how they perceive non-whites. so instead of either of those situations i'd go with no black characters and just watch the program for what it is if it's interesting.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
It's way too early for you guys to have the torch and pitchforks out for this show. We need to see more before that. Not saying this is a classic show but a bunch of top 20 shows had trash first episodes.

Episode was trash but lettuce be honest, it couldn't really have been any other way being that it starts at the unofficial beginning of the zombie apocalypse. There isn't even a epidemic yet so we really just watched a mom and step dad chase down a crackhead for an hour. Definitely wasn't must see TV. Speaking of no epidemic, parents keeping their kids home didn't really make much sense. There wasn't anything going on to make it seem like people needed to stay home. Also if zombies create zombies then that church should've been crawling with zombies. Writers already on that Walking Dead bullshyt

the black kid being the reason the white kid was a fukk up plot twist was real :francis: but I already know what to expect from the walking dead when it comes to black men. I was expecting the girls boyfriend to become a zombie and try to kill her too but they're probably saving that for the next episode.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A lot of meh for an hour and half premiere. Not of the characters are really likable but it's the first episode. But with six episodes for the season, they gotta pick up the pace.

so smiley isnt mexican

hes made a great career pretending to be one

:lolbron:

Cliff is one ambiguous motherf*cker. He was an Arab father in Three Kings.
Bootleg James Franco, goofy on drugs. It's like watching Pineapple Express with Zombies. :mjlol:

tumblr_m4vcfzOjDJ1ql9yo9o1_500.gif

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
These white ppl are way too casual about wandering into crackhouses at night, touching shyt, and getting drug user blood on them.
If I slip and fall in glass and fresh crackhouse blood I'm freaking all the way out for weeks until my aids tests and shyt come back. These ppl are just like "Whoops. Looks like I got heroin user blood all over me. I had better be more careful." :dead:

Also, nobody's driving into the LA river at 2 in the afternoon on a weekday to shoot somebody.

I know ppl that don't stay in LA don't understand how ridiculous that is... but its fukking ridiculous. Might as well kill somebody in the Staples Center parking lot.

You can see who/what is going on there for miles in multiple directions.

1-river-bridge.jpg

So many contrived plot holes...
What was his big plan? Murder the privileged white kid he was just seen meeting at the Norms Restaurant, before they left in his car without ordering anything?

Really?

Then what?
th

:thumbsdown:
Then the step-dad found out the drug addict mental escapee white kid shot the clean-cut black kid they had just saw was on the up and up, talking about some "Whatever happened... it was self defense" :ucku: this racist show
Already starting the 1 black person tops rule in the pilot.
:mjpls:

I'm done with these shows sneakdissin the black community with the black character doing scenes like "I gotsta goesta community college cause I'm not smart like the white girl" and calling it character development. .:camby:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
ok i gave them 63 mins of my life. i'm too pro black to fall down this rabbit hole again. walking dead conned me, this shyt won't.

Answered the only question i had lol. I stopped watching Walking Dead 2 years ago b/c of that bullshyt. (As someone who had read the comics before the show... the bullshyt they pulled with Tyrese among other melanin-blessed brehs... :aicmon:)

Slipped my mind they were making a spin-off... but sounds like a fancier toilet, same shyt.

On the subject of the perceived problem The Walking Dead has with black male characters, I was checking out a couple online articles where the subject was brought up and the comments section was almost overwhelmingly full of white people upset that "people are always bringing up race" and talking about how diverse the cast of FTWD already is (even though the main cast is a family of three white people and 1 Latino guy) and other comments tinged with white privilege.
It got me to thinking about how the white viewership would react if FTWD killed off all the white people and the show focused on a cast of only black and Latino characters?
Would FTWD be labeled as a "minority show" and would it cost the show white viewers?

White people telling each other 'why are people always bringing up race' whenever glaring patterns of racial bias are pointed out. :russell:
White people claiming "PC shyt" whenever a black character is strong and prominent in a sci-fi show or movie:russell:

Hey, Primetime, you want to know what Donald Sterling's nephews think about black excellence?
Primetime: Naaah :russell: I got comments sections all ova the innanetz for that

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
This was okay, the pacing was a little slow but...

I think what's fukking it up for me is that I have erase the mindset post zombie apocalypse. Knowing what happens when all goes to hell kinda fukks it up for me.

If I judge it on a stand alone basis, I think it was a somewhat good premiere. The crackhead bro is kinda a johnny dep look alike..the sis is cool. Parents...meh.

I'll have to watch a few more eps to see how it goes before fully investing.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This was okay, the pacing was a little slow but...

I think what's fukking it up for me is that I have erase the mindset post zombie apocalypse. Knowing what happens when all goes to hell kinda fukks it up for me.

If I judge it on a stand alone basis, I think it was a somewhat good premiere. The crackhead bro is kinda a johnny dep look alike..the sis is cool. Parents...meh.

I'll have to watch a few more eps to see how it goes before fully investing.
yeah, i do feel like people who have already watched walking dead, the horrors we've already been through, this shyt is childsplay sorta

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yeah, It's cool learning how this shyt is about to pop off, but at the same time, they haven't really drawn me in, either.

Felt more like an episode of Law and Order or a crime show.