There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
See I think where the showed failed was in the characters. I was not expecting a lot of zombie action but what I was hoping for was for the characters to be more than just blah. By the end of the show the junkie had grown on me since he seems to be the only person on the show having realistic reactions to the events happening to him.
Girlfriend starts eating people? Run for your life.
Got a chance to escape the hospital? Bounce the minute everyone's back is turned.
Drug dealer pulls a gun? Fight and kill him.
Drug dealer comes back as a zombie? Run him over with a truck.
Aside from the junkie and the fat kid everyone else on this show is just not interesting enough to carry a show unless they are being attacked by zombies every 2 seconds.

Fun fact I just read though is that the guy playing the junkie is Stannis Baratheon's kid in real life.

I feel that but to quote an awesome Tarantino interview I just read on Vulture, TV pilots are often weak so its understood that not everything will be in place. They got 6 episodes so we'll see how it goes on round 2 but I'm at least interested. But to be fair, I do like relationship stuff and characters interacting; if you gave me that and then said Aaron Sorkin wrote it, I'd be hooked from the start

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I feel that but to quote an awesome Tarantino interview I just read on Vulture, TV pilots are often weak so its understood that not everything will be in place. They got 6 episodes so we'll see how it goes on round 2 but I'm at least interested. But to be fair, I do like relationship stuff and characters interacting; if you gave me that and then said Aaron Sorkin wrote it, I'd be hooked from the start
The fact that it is only 6 episodes is why I am not giving it the same latitude I would give a regular show with more episodes. This show doesn't have the time to do such a slow burn in the pilot.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The fact that it is only 6 episodes is why I am not giving it the same latitude I would give a regular show with more episodes. This show doesn't have the time to do such a slow burn in the pilot.

That's fair. I disagree with you for the most part but I do agree with that part. It worked for me breh

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I don't think they'll ever break down the cause of the outbreak in either show. That will force it into a lane and have people then wanting them to story arc a search for the cure.

This show is more so our view into the fall of society that we missed with Rick being in a coma.
They won't do it because other sites are reporting Kirkman put a ban on ever even hinting at the origins (see Av Club).

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Just finished watching great plot, I'm lovin' the slow build....

Black kid PAWG'ing :mjlol:

I loved the scene where the teacher talked about making a fire, and the kid was like ":childplease: I have a oven" as in the OG show they had to make fires many times, its almost like foreshadowing...

Drug addict's Black friend turning out to be a drug dealer :beli: :comeon: that scene was so cheesy with breh trying to be discreet goon :heh:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I feel that but to quote an awesome Tarantino interview I just read on Vulture, TV pilots are often weak so its understood that not everything will be in place.

That must be a new thing, because conventional wisdom back in the day was that pilots were the best, you had your top tier writers and directors and locations and makeup for the pilot, to grab people.

And then the show could slack off with the real regular writers directors and locations. If the pilot doesn't grab, then shyt is ghost. A show can only afford a weak pilot when it's on a channel that doesn't give a fukk, or a channel which is committed to a project beyond reason.

This show already has a second season ordered. We'll see if a third one is.

See also: Dollhouse, Stargate Universe

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
ii feel the authorities are snatching them up
so there not wide spread panic :yeshrug:

some one went back and cleared the walkers and body parts out of the church
The authorities are snatching up walkers? Without incident? Doubtful. I mean, yeah, I could see police confronting them, but that sh!t would be all over the news, just like that footage that they showed of the guy getting shot a bunch of times. In first episode of FTWD, the walkers have straight ghosted. Even at the very end....how in the hell did the black guy walker end up behind the truck? Where was he hiding when they initially drove down that passageway under the bridge? It's like the writers are strategically placing the walkers out of the way for a cheap effect, when in reality.....and I use that loosely, mindless walkers would be all over the place at this point.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That must be a new thing, because conventional wisdom back in the day was that pilots were the best, you had your top tier writers and directors and locations and makeup for the pilot, to grab people.

And then the show could slack off with the real regular writers directors and locations. If the pilot doesn't grab, then shyt is ghost. A show can only afford a weak pilot when it's on a channel that doesn't give a fukk, or a channel which is committed to a project beyond reason.

This show already has a second season ordered. We'll see if a third one is.

See also: Dollhouse, Stargate Universe

Well I'd say for the most part now pilots are the weakest because not every show has its voice. The Seinfeld pilot is a great example of that. Not every show comes out the gate fully formed, knowing exactly what it is and having its voice down pact

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Well I'd say for the most part now pilots are the weakest because not every show has its voice. The Seinfeld pilot is a great example of that. Not every show comes out the gate fully formed, knowing exactly what it is and having its voice down pact
So you're saying not every show is mr robot?

:ufdup: :ufdup:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
the first season of the walking dead the walkers had some brains. still were able to use tools , picked up items picked up rocks to break through the store doors, climb the fence etc

hopefully we see some of that this show ..

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Bukwild

Rookie
Daps
Hope they are accurate this time unlike walking dead where their of been more black zombies being in a city like Atlanta

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!