There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Look bruh im all for the brothers surviving but Cal wasnt that, you just projecting now
Cal was the best acted. He's a straitlaced kid we're introduced to who's detailing the inside of a car.

He lives in a nice neighborhood. But not an ostentatious one.

He knows Nick's mom very well, so well they think Nick went to him first. Nick was into drugs. By the way he was originally presented, he could have been the kid who kept to the straight and narrow while Nick fell apart, a true blue friend.

When Nick and Cal finally do meet,
Nick and Cal seem way too close to be just dealer and junkie. Who the fukk calls their heroin hookup for a hug in a very public restaurant? I can see a prostitute maybe doing so, but not a junkie who wants someone to finally believe him that he's not insane.

Why is Nick on drugs anyway? Whose parents have coffee with their kids dealer at the dealers kitchen table? So much to explore.....

The vibe throughout is that there's more to Cal than meets the eye. To me it was a hell of a lot more refreshing than all the surface characters we'd already met.

If anyone would go snooping in crime scenes, it would have been Cal.

Contrast him to the mom and Dad. They're supposed to be teachers, but the mom gives off court procedural vibes, and the dad gives off detective procedural vibes. Neither have chemistry with one another, its like they're characters written for a different show.

The fake out scene with the principal who looks like Obama only makes sense if the mom is unfamiliar with procedures at the school.

The need to make the presidential principal look scary is entirely suspect all by itself. The same went with the Moms treatment of the black cop at the hospital. Black men doing their jobs are not presented as helpful but as dangerous.

And Asians are presented as incompetent (the female) and impotent (the doctor who should have been listened to and sought out in the first place instead of brushed off by psycho bytch mom)! Which is a whole other discussion.

All of that aside Cal was multi faceted, he was not at all what he appeared on the surface
even as a dealer, and as other websites have pointed out his death breaks several rules of canon established in season 1. If anyone should have survived it should have been Cal, who initially appeared to be a bridge between the world as it appears and the world as it really was.

It was the wrong decision to kill Cal off, like killing Wash off in the new V too soon wrong. New V turned out to be crap. So will this show.

If the Mom turns out to have been bitten (which she should have been in the Cal tunnel tussle) -- I don't know if that's better or worse than her not being bitten. If she's bitten, she's the longest last person to take a bite before amputation. Big tiny got snuffed for a mere scratch by people who had seen what happens when the dead touch you. Bad writing.

If she wasn't scratched or bitten, it proves the show is more of the same plot device driven crap twd became, where little girls can escape zombies who wander into campsites with watchers on every roof, but can't escape zombies in the mud.

(Nick should have never been able to over power Cal, noted all iver the web, which is part if the same discussion. People and zombies are as weak or strong as the plot requires.)

If I seem hard on the show, its because there's too much money involved for it to suck this much. At least ZNation doesn't pretend to give a damn, but manages to keep to its own internal logic most of the time.

All in all not an impressive premiere.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
My God, that was a long drawn out and dull 90 minutes of TV.
I understand that this show is not going to be non-stop zombie attacks but it can't think it can skate by on the "This Is A Family Drama" conceit when the family whose drama we are watching is just terrible.
All of the members of this primary family are just awful people who I have no desire to see do anything but be eaten by a stray zombie. I would have preferred to follow the pimply faced fat kid who knows something bad is happening than this dysfunctional family of whiny teenagers and clueless adults.

And they need to tone down the over-use of the "Is that guy a zombie?" stuff that they did in the Pilot. At one point they did it back-to-back with the sleeping kid in the boyfriend's classroom and with the principal hunched over the inter-com system.

Also what was the deal with the junkie and the drug dealer? Their scenes were just oddly directed and acted.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
At first the son aggravated the shyt out of me with his white shrug and nipple showing.
Then as the show went on I felt bad for him and only like him and the stepdad.
The daughter is horrible and the mom is a horrible bytch to her kids and her man.
I hope the knife boy is able to get away.

I see the walking dead already sprinkling in plenty of black guys to get killed.
:martin:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Oh shyt, it's snitchin' Randy and Dre's brother from Straight Out Of Compton :krs:

We got like 4 brothas on the show and the writers gave them lines:krs:

Edit: Oh shyt. Cal the connect. He's movin' work, slangin' in the burbs. Gus Fring the 2nd :krs:

Edit II: We lost one already :damn:. How did this strung out Franco-Riggins fukk get the drop on him :snoop:........We still got 3 left. Principal Obama, Snitchin' Randy and dreahead from the classroom. Lord please let them live for a few more episodes :ohlawd:
Looks like Principal Obama as a zombie attacking the chubby student who brought the steak knife to school @ 2:40

And snitching ass Randy is only listed in the credits for episode 1 and no other episodes this season on IMDB.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Yeah, brehs. None of the brothas are going to make it

there-is-diversity-missing-in-the-fear-the-walking-dead-cast-fear-the-walking-dead-cast-528754.jpg

Where Randy at, AMC? :mjcry:

@biscuitsnbangers You have a doppelganger on staring on TV

alycia debnam carey
CPYcMpw.jpg

:patrice:

Daps
From the look of this show I think it won't have that grime, grit, and desperation of survival like twd, but it does have that creepy factor. Hopefully they'll maintain it. I also think it'll give us so more insight on what caused all the chaos.

Twd pretty much dropped us in the chaos.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I dont see why. They shot a show in Atlanta where Black people are damn near nonexistent and now they making one in LA without Latinos. What you hoping for aint happening.
The main characters are supposed to be Latino.

Not Trejo and Guzman Latino, but whatever.

Black people only exist to be threats, cowards, ineffectual and get killed in the Walking Dead universe.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Snitchin Randy left Baltimore and now he is zombie food apparently. LMAO.

This first episode I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. It was slow as hell. All that family drama put me to sleep. And where are the walkers going? It's as if they are making a conscious effort to disappear. Almost like they are aware that they don't have the numbers yet so they are laying low. I was expecting random fukkery in the middle of the streets without warning. Instead we get the predictable police footage. I'll continue to give it a pass for now but I'm expecting a lot better in the future episodes.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Snitchin Randy left Baltimore and now he is zombie food apparently. LMAO.

This first episode I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. It was slow as hell. All that family drama put me to sleep. And where are the walkers going? It's as if they are making a conscious effort to disappear. Almost like they are aware that they don't have the numbers yet so they are laying low. I was expecting random fukkery in the middle of the streets without warning. Instead we get the predictable police footage. I'll continue to give it a pass for now but I'm expecting a lot better in the future episodes.

ii feel the authorities are snatching them up
so there not wide spread panic :yeshrug:

some one went back and cleared the walkers and body parts out of the church