There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The barber dude is exactly what they need in this group. A ruthless member of the group is so essential to surviving in this apocalypse. Any group in this type of situation need that shane/carol type that's going to go the the distance with the least bit of mercy and compassion. Always have a gritty person on deck when things get real.

This group is so soft it's unreal. Too many wolves out in this new society for the group to be looking like food.:dame:

Being straight up ruthless all the time only gets you so far. When I first started watching TWD, I thought Rick was weak and Shane should be a leader. Rick seemed soft to me. His only saving grace was that he was a cop and he had necessary skills and resources to survive. After watching I realized that even in a post apocalyptic world, some compassion and understanding will always be necessary to survive. Of course, being ruthless will allow you and your group to forge ahead in a dog eat dog world, but it isn't the sole principal that keeps you safe. If we've learned anything from the most ruthless characters on TWD, it's that some point it backfires. It was very frustrating to me watching Rick grow into who he is now, but it was an important process to witness. FTWD is trying to do the same thing with Travis, but this audience doesn't have the patience to go through this process all over again.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
This show should have been called the talking dead, all this damn dialog and no action

I don't mind character building, the black dude was cold as fukk but the parts that they should have actually shown like

The events over the 9 day gap
The zombies turning in the arena
What happened in that library

Would Have made this show so much better to watch

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
This show should have been called the talking dead, all this damn dialog and no action

I don't mind character building, the black dude was cold as fukk but the parts that they should have actually shown like

The events over the 9 day gap
The zombies turning in the arena
What happened in that library

Would Have made this show so much better to watch

any of those would have been soooo good.
any scenes from something other than that first night outside of Abuelos shop
particularly the arena.
maybe we can wish for a flashback from one of the soldiers that survives
:mjcry:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
INCONSISTENCIES FROM LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE:

- Low Level Corporal Adams seemed to know all about "Operation: Cobalt" (even needed to be tortured to reveal) yet the equally and higher ranking soldiers in the Humvee with Travis had no idea. They were so unaware of Cobalt that they opted to go AWOL instead of taking Travis to the headquarters. If they had known, it would have been just as easy to drop off Travis at home base and lock him up with the others.

- Society broken down for only under 2 weeks yet the piano Alicia finds in the recently abandoned house had years worth of dust on it, even with it being covered.

- Police couldn't contain a small riot yet military quickly contains an entire city outbreak of raging, homicidal walkers who can't feel pain or be affected by tear gas, etc.

- Griselda Salazar somehow quickly dies from having a foot surgically amputated with medical help, yet Herschel survived having his leg amputated crudely with a machete and no medical help.

- City completely evacuated, society broken down...yet home electricity, street lights, arena staircase lighting, it's all still working normally...City and Suburban Power grids are not self sustaining, they have engineers and staff clocking in every day & night for a reason.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
- Low Level Corporal Adams seemed to know all about "Operation: Cobalt" (even needed to be tortured to reveal) yet the equally and higher ranking soldiers in the Humvee with Travis had no idea. They were so unaware of Cobalt that they opted to go AWOL instead of taking Travis to the headquarters. If they had known, it would have been just as easy to drop off Travis at home base and lock him up with the others.
i thought it was assumed they knew. which is why they wanted to leave for their families to begin with

Griselda Salazar somehow quickly dies from having a foot surgically amputated with medical help, yet Herschel survived having his leg amputated crudely with a machete and no medical help.

well these are two different situations entirely. griselda went without medical attention for nearly 2 weeks. hershels wound was immediately tended to.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
i thought it was assumed they knew. which is why they wanted to leave for their families to begin with

If this were the case, why would both squadrons of soldiers even bother going into that library full of Walkers if they knew it was a loss cause and were evacuating the next day? Also, re-watch the scene: the Corporal says "I'm not going anywhere near the Command Post, I got a new mission, get my ass back to my family." But...I thought that was ALREADY the mission, evacuation in less than 24 hours.

well these are two different situations entirely. griselda went without medical attention for nearly 2 weeks. hershels wound was immediately tended to.

She died as a result of the surgery, from "septic shock" they said....And for 2 weeks she was being treated with medicine. Once Doc determined she wasn't getting better they felt amputation was needed. Only then did she get the infection and die. Herschel didn't have the correct medicine or sterilized surgical environment (a prison floor covered in dirt, a rusty machete) yet he recovered pretty quickly.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
INCONSISTENCIES FROM LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE:

- Society broken down for only under 2 weeks yet the piano Alicia finds in the recently abandoned house had years worth of dust on it, even with it being covered.

- Police couldn't contain a small riot yet military quickly contains an entire city outbreak of raging, homicidal walkers who can't feel pain or be affected by tear gas, etc.

- Griselda Salazar somehow quickly dies from having a foot surgically amputated with medical help, yet Herschel survived having his leg amputated crudely with a machete and no medical help.

- City completely evacuated, society broken down...yet home electricity, street lights, arena staircase lighting, it's all still working normally...City and Suburban Power grids are not self sustaining, they have engineers and staff clocking in every day & night for a reason.

Yep I noticed all of this except the piano...they have dropped the ball....the first 2 episodes of season 2 are going to make or break this show

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If this were the case, why would both squadrons of soldiers even bother going into that library full of Walkers if they knew it was a loss cause and were evacuating the next day? Also, re-watch the scene: the Corporal says "I'm not going anywhere near the Command Post, I got a new mission, get my ass back to my family." But...I thought that was ALREADY the mission, evacuation in less than 24 hours.
because they were commanded to by a higher ranking officer. which is why i believe they probably killed or abandoned him on purpose. they know what's going to happen, and they want to go to their families.

She died as a result of the surgery, from "septic shock" they said....And for 2 weeks she was being treated with medicine. Once Doc determined she wasn't getting better they felt amputation was needed. Only then did she get the infection and die. Herschel didn't have the correct medicine or sterilized surgical environment (a prison floor covered in dirt, a rusty machete) yet he recovered pretty quickly.

she didn't die from surgery, she died from having an infected foot--that's what caused the septic shock. she wasn't being treated with anything other than morphine for the pain.