There is no sanctuary - FEAR The Walking Dead Season 1 Thread

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
The smell.. Remember in the OG show when Rick and Glenn put dead people blood and guts on themselves to blend in with the zombies...
yup, youre right. carol did the same thing when she was creepin on a come up at terminus and michonne did it when she had the zombies on chains. pretty stupid reason, imo. what if a zombie rolls through a fresh irish spring? is he getting attacked when he comes out the other side smelling like daisies?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yup, youre right. carol did the same thing when she was creepin on a come up at terminus and michonne did it when she had the zombies on chains. pretty stupid reason, imo. what if a zombie rolls through a fresh irish spring? is he getting attacked when he comes out the other side smelling like daisies?

all the irish spring in the world wouldn't cover the smell of rotting flesh. zombies just aren't cannibals, its really as simple as that.

i remember one prison episode where a zombie ate this guy until he turned, then he immediately lost interest

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
because they were commanded to by a higher ranking officer. which is why i believe they probably killed or abandoned him on purpose. they know what's going to happen, and they want to go to their families.

We can disagree about Griselda but the Cobalt thing doesn't add up, for me at least...Higher ranking officer or not, none of them were behaving as if they were evacuating the next morning. Even without civilians being present. It wasn't until after the library fiasco that they went AWOL. Orders given to detain and euthanize hundreds of civilians before an evacuation wasn't enough to motivate desertion? Losing a few fellow soldiers in a minor (unseen) Walker shootout did it? Doesn't add up, poor writing.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We can disagree about Griselda but the Cobalt thing doesn't add up, for me at least...Higher ranking officer or not, none of them were behaving as if they were evacuating the next morning. Even without civilians being present. It wasn't until after the library fiasco that they went AWOL. Orders given to detain and euthanize hundreds of civilians before an evacuation wasn't enough to motivate desertion? Losing a few fellow soldiers in a minor (unseen) Walker shootout did it? Doesn't add up, poor writing.
i dont think they're going to euthanize anyone. they're probably going to fire bomb the entire city like atlanta.

and you keep disconnecting the soldiers motives for going awol. it's more likely that they knew about the operation, took out the commander, then decided they're going back home for their families. it's not some big coincidence that they took off right before they're scheduled for retreat

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
i dont think they're going to euthanize anyone. they're probably going to fire bomb the entire city like atlanta.

The soldier with a collapsed lung got brained alive right after they diagnosed him, no treatment attempted....and they said "Cobalt includes procedures for the humane termination of civilians." That's the definition of euthanasia, regardless of the method used.

and you keep disconnecting the soldiers motives for going awol. it's more likely that they knew about the operation, took out the commander, then decided they're going back home for their families. it's not some big coincidence that they took off right before they're scheduled for retreat

You're doing the writers job and filling in gaps to help it make sense. I'm going off of what they presented to us...What they spelled out says that these guys had no idea about Cobalt and were dipping while they had a chance to go unnoticed.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
The soldier with a collapsed lung got brained alive right after they diagnosed him, no treatment attempted....and they said "Cobalt includes procedures for the humane termination of civilians." That's the definition of euthanasia, regardless of the method used.

You're doing the writers job and filling in gaps to help it make sense. I'm going off of what they presented to us...What they spelled out says that these guys had no idea about Cobalt and were dipping while they had a chance to go unnoticed.

They didn't kill the soldier for being sick
They killed him cause he had a visible bite.
They had to kill him.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

TWD rarely spells everything out. once again, if you believe it's just a coincidence they went AWOL right before they're supposed to retreat :yeshrug: but it seemed to be laid out fairly well for me

and by "Cobalt includes procedures for the humane termination of civilians." i took that as they're going to bomb every major city in california.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Moyers - Ok, lets go see the Doc:ehh:
Manawa - I thought you said you couldn't do that :dwillhuh:
Moyers - I said you couldn't do that, I can do anything I want, I got guns :pachaha:
I liked Moyers :heh:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
INCONSISTENCIES FROM LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE:

- Low Level Corporal Adams seemed to know all about "Operation: Cobalt" (even needed to be tortured to reveal) yet the equally and higher ranking soldiers in the Humvee with Travis had no idea. They were so unaware of Cobalt that they opted to go AWOL instead of taking Travis to the headquarters. If they had known, it would have been just as easy to drop off Travis at home base and lock him up with the others.

- Society broken down for only under 2 weeks yet the piano Alicia finds in the recently abandoned house had years worth of dust on it, even with it being covered.

- Police couldn't contain a small riot yet military quickly contains an entire city outbreak of raging, homicidal walkers who can't feel pain or be affected by tear gas, etc.

- Griselda Salazar somehow quickly dies from having a foot surgically amputated with medical help, yet Herschel survived having his leg amputated crudely with a machete and no medical help.

- City completely evacuated, society broken down...yet home electricity, street lights, arena staircase lighting, it's all still working normally...City and Suburban Power grids are not self sustaining, they have engineers and staff clocking in every day & night for a reason.
"Coli TV/Film Expert"
:dead:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
AMC To Launch ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Zombie Airplane Web Series This Fall

Last month, word spread regarding AMC’s plans to bring a standalone episode of Fear the Walking Dead to the masses. Presented in the same vein as The Walking Dead webisodes that have been featured online for previous seasons, Variety is reporting that a 16-episode Fear the Walking Dead web series is set to launch this October.

Titled Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462, the story “follows a group of passengers aboard a commercial airplane during an early outbreak.” Each short episode will explore the lives of those on the plane and how events transpire once an infected traveler is discovered on board. The premiere webisode will go live on AMC.com on October 4, and will subsequently air during two commercial breaks during the season six premiere of The Walking Dead a week later. After the October 11 return of Rick and the gang, new webisodes of Flight 462 will bow online and air throughout the sixth season duration of the network’s flagship series.

As was previously reported, one of the characters featured in this new web series will end up surviving the in-flight chaos and join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead for its 15-episode second season. In looking at the above promo photo for the project, my bet is on the girl in the green jacket. She’s got moxie.

(Via Variety)

:francis: I'll have to pass, this is too much too soon. I thought this was going to release next year before FTWD second season but during commercials of next week's finale and continuing on online during The Walking Dead? Nah, this feels like overload.