Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
And use use a website which has a gmail account for contact as your source?
"notjustatheory@gmail.com"
CH42bFf.gif

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
And this is the fundamental difference between me and you. The pathology is always important. The irony being that you love to quote philosophy, you should know this :pachaha:

Pathology is important TO YOU...

Not me.

if we're talkign about learning something, it doesn't matter if you knew it 20 years ago or yesterday.
Alright, I can't prove that we will never be omniscient, but I can thoroughly say that we are not there in our current position.
you sure? :usure:

You can't know...what you don't know.
My point still holds.
It technically doesn't :heh:
Yes, I am of the position that we don't know anything in absolute terms, no I am not of the position that we do not know anything in relative terms. Our truth is microscopic.

Bruh.

Stop talking about how much we know if you really don't know how much we know.

All we can say is that we don't know everything but theres no way to say where we are in terms of knowing everything.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Pathology is important TO YOU...

Not me.

if we're talkign about learning something, it doesn't matter if you knew it 20 years ago or yesterday.
you sure? :usure:

You can't know...what you don't know. It technically doesn't :heh:

Bruh.

Stop talking about how much we know if you really don't know how much we know.

All we can say is that we don't know everything but theres no way to say where we are in terms of knowing everything.

Napoleon you are quite dense. There isn't a scientist on Earth who would say pathology does not matter. Pathology is often times how we identify differences and gain clarity on relative truths. The pathology matters because even though two people may come within striking distance of each other with any given measure, there will be differences. I may have the same grasp on English as you but if a Linguist studied us and our uses of it, they would be able to identify underlying differences that are important in any respective field. Nuance, my friend.

A person with less resources reaching similar ability than someone who had significantly more resources is more impressive. Of course, that is my opinion and you are more than welcome to be the robotic, slave that you are.

There isn't a "we." Slaves don't get to practice their agency :skip:

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
What the fukk is wrong with you? No one claimed to know it all...

I SIMPLY DO. NOT. KNOW!

Thats the difference.

I don't know if theres a god (agnostic) but based on the inability to by anyone to support the claim that a god exists ( I do not believe in a god)

I'm not saying that there is no god.

I can't say that.

No one can say that.
ok you can shut the fukk up now thats pretty much my point dumb nikka :umad:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I agree with majority of what you're saying but you aren't arguing what others in this thread are saying. Accuracy and progressing as a race is not what people in this thread are arguing. They are talking about absolute truth and reality, which short of omniscience, is pointless to discuss.

Philosophy isn't truth, nor could any human being be capable of thinking about absolute truth :lolbron:

Wrong. no one is arguing for this. Absolute truth is not a thing that actually exists. You EXPECT some sort of absolute truth, and since science can't give that to you, you see that as some sort of failure. I'm sorry, but that's not a reasonable path to truth. You think that if something isn't absolute the it's wrong...... that's just not the case.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Wrong. no one is arguing for this. Absolute truth is not a thing that actually exists. You EXPECT some sort of absolute truth, and since science can't give that to you, you see that as some sort of failure. I'm sorry, but that's not a reasonable path to truth. You think that if something isn't absolute the it's wrong...... that's just not the case.

You're pretty much wrong with this whole post.

There is no way of knowing if absolute truth exist.

I don't expect anything. Science isn't a failure because it has utility for me and mankind. It's irrelevant concerning the quest for omniscience.

Truth is not a word I entertain.

I don't think think because something isn't absolute, it is wrong, but I do put it context and understand there may be contradictions or things ahead that may make whatever it is no longer hold validity.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
You're pretty much wrong with this whole post.

There is no way of knowing if absolute truth exist.

Wait. I thought your entire perspective was one from the idea that there is an objective truth... and that human minds have only a small understanding of that truth.... no?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Wait. I thought your entire perspective was one from the idea that there is an objective truth... and that human minds have only a small understanding of that truth.... no?

We can't know that but the possibility must be entertained. If push came to shove I'd say there is a such thing as omniscience.