Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
purity.png

:deadhorse:

and saying "objectivity" is a problem in and of itself, so as to mean that you know what it is.

How does science "not come close" if you claim you don't truly know what omniscience is? How do you know how "close' you can be?

its like wondering in the dark. do you know how close you are to the other wall or not? :usure:

DONT SPEAK ON THINGS YOU DONT KNOW...REMEMBER? :ufdup:
I wear it well. :obama:
You claim pursuing objectiviy is pointless, yet for some reason you have a problem with the improving of accuracy. :mindblown: :what:

Because theres no other means, that we know of, to validate or confirm a claim.

Nikka, you aren't arguing any point that I disagree with. I graduate with a BA in Psych and took tons of STAT classes, I'm no idiot. I didn't say objectivity is pointless, only flawed, like everything else in reality. It's circular and hard to interpret because we are in the dark, do you not agree? I didn't say we shouldn't improve on the accuracy or I wouldn't have spent a few years of my life in a fukkin science lab.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
its not a hole in the theory.

And I don't appreciate that language "hole" because it implies to the uninitiated that the entire thing is wrong...

Saying the existing model was INACCURATE might be a better use of our efforts.

And even still...WE'VE BARELY BEEN DOING THIS FOR 100 years. GIVE IT SOME TIME. :damn:

Semantics.

Maybe you should try to read and understand what people are saying before you go jumping down their throats with insults and huge fonts talking about god and religion.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You don't know that for sure, and plenty of scientists disagree with you.
you seem to be completely unable to separate the big bang theory with other cosmological theories and observations. The accelerated expansion of the universe was a completely independent observation apart from the big bang theory. The big bang theory is a cosmological model that describes the early development of the universe, that's all it is. Accelerated expansion occurred later in the age of the universe due to more and more dark energy existing. nothing more, nothing less. It's like you saying we might discover the color of the sky is actually red and that it might turn our theory of gravity on its head.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:snoop:
I can't take you serious until you you stop the assertion that I am of the belief that the absolute reality stems from an omniscient deity. You don't realize how senile and deaf you come off as with your word salads.

Bruh.

In this thread you've already claimed to define what deity you would believe in. then you defended your "belief"...as vague and ambiguous as that was...:pachaha:...then you went on to proclaim that this omniscient "higher power" or whatever is what you believe in...now you're backing away...:beli:
I'm far from an intellectual. Term me whatever you want. I am the God of my reality, maybe you should learn some agency of your own.

Your response to point 2 wasn't even relevant :pachaha:

:win:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Semantics.

Maybe you should try to read and understand what people are saying before you go jumping down their throats with insults and huge fonts talking about god and religion.

MAYBE you couldn't say dumb shyt that the world has known since 1998. :stopitslime:

"hurr...durr...the universe isn't expanding..." :dwillhuh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Nope NOT the same
Again....A scientific fact is vastly different from a theory.

The two words cannot be interchanged in the scientific world.
Evolution is NOT a fact, it's a theory.....same way as big bang because there are so many ways to interpret them.

Evolution is a phenomenon EXPLAINED by the theory of natural selection and genetic mutation.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Bruh.

In this thread you've already claimed to define what deity you would believe in. then you defended your "belief"...as vague and ambiguous as that was...:pachaha:...then you went on to proclaim that this omniscient "higher power" or whatever is what you believe in...now you're backing away...:beli:

:win:

No, I defined what deist believe at it's most minimal. No where did I state that I was a deist. It's called playing devils advocate. Intelligent people can argue from all valid angles and consider all alternate possibilities.

Learn some agency, Napoleon. I feel like your brain is filled with tons of word salads and they're starting to corrupt that brain of yours.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Evolution is a phenomenon EXPLAINED by the theory of natural selection and genetic mutation.
Today it is but it is always subject to change since more discoveries are being made...which means at this point in time it can never be called a fact but a theory.