Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Today it is but it is always subject to change since more discoveries are being made...which means at this point in time it can never be called a fact but a theory.

I don't think you understand this.

There are NO FACTS in science.

There are things held to be so centrally unshakable that they can be considered "objective facts" but they are rather well established theories.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I don't think you understand this.

There are NO FACTS in science.

There are things held to be so centrally unshakable that they can be considered "objective facts" but they are rather well established theories.

Once a theory is established it gets accepted in the science community as a "fact", "rule" or "Law".

Examples...

‎Laws of classical mechanics
Laws of gravitation and relativity
Laws of Physics

These laws are irrefutable theories accepted by all scientific communities.
Unless evolution or big bang can be accepted by all recognizable scientific bodies, it will forever remain a theory!!!!!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Once a theory is established it gets accepted in the science community as a "fact", "rule" or "Law".
only because its pretty much "confirmed" to an unmovable degree.

They're empirically theories determined through experimentation and hypotheses.

Examples...

Laws of Physics
Which are realms of knowledge, not knowledge themselves.
...not really. Classical mechanics breaks down at high speeds or small scales... :ufdup:
Unless evolution or big bang can be accepted by all recognizable scientific bodies, it will forever remain a theory!!!!!

its accepted by all recognizable scientific bodies. Its in the REALM of biology and chemistry.

Evolution is an accepted fact. Things change.

The explanation of that change is through the theory of natural selection and genetic mutation.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
NAPOLEON ISN'T EVEN ARGUING THE ORIGINAL POINT OF THE THREAD LOL

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
says the fukk nikka who trolled the hell out of the thread to show off the fact that he indirectly grasped the problem of induction and wouldn't let go until everyone acknowledged it.

Watch your mouth :pacspit:

And once again, you redirect the argument with ad hominem :pachaha: You need to learn how to refute what is before you and not create false arguments that you yourself created and then respond with copious amounts of word salads.

Someone who is self-taught is more admirable than someone who has the same knowledge but none of it is by their own pathology. Know that.

noon

Pro
Daps

Examples...

Laws of Physics

Er, no. Theories never become laws. Do a bit of learning and improve your arguments.
http://www.notjustatheory.com/

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Man, short of being omniscient all of this is pointless. Yall love talking about "objectivity, "knowing" and "truths" but those are just terms to display human's pompous nature. It's all relative to us and our microscopic reality. I can't understand why atheist don't admit that they will never know.

Dumb. Unless you can prove YOUR omnipotence, you can't say for sure what humanity will or will not ever know.

But again, this is all irrelevant. No one says we can have absolute knowledge. But as far as what we know... we know what we know. You seem to be taking the stance that if we don't have absolute knowledge about everything, we don't know anything.... that's simply not true.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Watch your mouth :pacspit:

And once again, you redirect the argument with ad hominem :pachaha: You need to learn how to refute what is before you and not create false arguments that you yourself created and then respond with copious amounts of word salads.

:camby:

Quit bytching because you can't present your arguments as eloquently as me. :yeshrug:

Someone who is self-taught is more admirable than someone who has the same knowledge but none of it is by their own pathology. Know that.
Wouldn't matter.

if you know the same things, it doesn't matter how you came to know it.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:camby:

if you know the same things, it doesn't matter how you came to know it.

And this is the fundamental difference between me and you. The pathology is always important. The irony being that you love to quote philosophy, you should know this :pachaha:

Dumb. Unless you can prove YOUR omnipotence, you can't say for sure what humanity will or will not ever know.

But again, this is all irrelevant. No one says we can have absolute knowledge. But as far as what we know... we know what we know. You seem to be taking the stance that if we don't have absolute knowledge about everything, we don't know anything.... that's simply not true.

Alright, I can't prove that we will never be omniscient, but I can thoroughly say that we are not there in our current position. My point still holds. Yes, I am of the position that we don't know anything in absolute terms, no I am not of the position that we do not know anything in relative terms. Our truth is microscopic.