Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atheists and theists take turns doing this shyt in HL. But I'm about to take care of that.
make a religion subforum

it would clear up all the bullshyt threads *cough* and still give us a place to call each other retarded :skip:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Chris.B are you prepared to make the claim that since there is only one god, and the only way to salvation is jesus christ, every other religion that has ever existed is wrong/incorrect/an exercise in futility?

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
@Chris.B are you prepared to make the claim that since there is only one god, and the only way to salvation is Jesus Christ, every other religion that has ever existed is wrong/incorrect/an exercise in futility?
Yes....Christianity is a continuation of Judaism which has long been document as the first religion on record.

Anything after Judaism and Christianity is suspect.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Jesus is God....look up trinity

Certainly. Which verse in the Bible is that again?

God exists. This is clear. But once you start talking about "Jesus is God" you're now talking about what someone has said about God. So you believe Paul. But you believing Paul doesn't make what he says fact. That's what makes you Christian. That you believe what Paul said about God and that's the thin that can't be proven.

Your faith isn't based on God's existence. That's common sense. Your faith is that what Paul said about God is true.

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Certainly. Which verse in the Bible is that again?

God exists. This is clear. But once you start talking about "Jesus is God" you're now talking about what someone has said about God. So you believe Paul. But you believing Paul doesn't make what he says fact. That's what makes you Christian. That you believe what Paul said about God and that's the thin that can't be proven.

Your faith isn't based on God's existence. That's common sense. Your faith is that what Paul said about God is true.

You act like there's a problem with Paul's credibility in relation to the other Gospels and what Yahoshua himself said.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
You act like there's a problem with Paul's credibility in relation to the other Gospels and what Yahoshua himself said.

I didn't say anything like that. My point is his faith is based on what Paul said. All you're doing is giving a justification for that faith in Paul but the faith still rests in Paul.

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't say anything like that. My point is his faith is based on what Paul said. All you're doing is giving a justification for that faith in Paul but the faith still rests in Paul.

How can you say that when Paul only reiterates whats said by the Gospels and what's said by Yahoshua himself

Can you accurately differentiate what Paul says and what Yahoshua's original message was?

I'm guessing your Muslim though

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
make a religion subforum

it would clear up all the bullshyt threads *cough* and still give us a place to call each other retarded :skip:

Might not be a bad idea. :ld:

Because let's be honest, people are always gonna make religious threads and call each other stupid. Might as well just a have a subforum for it where people can just blasphemy to their heart's content. That would clean up the main HL forum, and easily offended types could just avoid that subforum.

And the fukkery would be :lolbron:.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
How can you say that when Paul only reiterates whats said by the Gospels and what's said by Yahoshua himself

Can you accurately differentiate what Paul says and what Yahoshua's original message was?

I'm guessing your Muslim though

How do you know what was said. You don't. You have faith in the PEOPLE who say they know. Did God tell you these things directly or did someone else? You trust his someone else. You put your faith in what they say is true.

It doesn't matter what I believe because I'm in the same boat. God exists is the easy part. Now what about God? Different people have said different things (sort of). That's what mass you a follower of a particular religion. Which of these PEOPLE you put your faith in.

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do you know what was said. You don't. You have faith in the PEOPLE who say they know. Did God tell you these things directly or did someone else? You trust his someone else. You put your faith in what they say is true.

It doesn't matter what I believe because I'm in the same boat. God exists is the easy part. Now what about God? Different people have said different things (sort of). That's what mass you a follower of a particular religion. Which of these PEOPLE you put your faith in.

Since they didn't have live podcasts back then, the only way to retain information was by word of mouth

How do you think we retained the teachings and philosophies of Plato and Aristotle which are the basic foundation of western society today?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Since they didn't have live podcasts back then, the only way to retain information was by word of mouth

How do you think we retained the teachings and philosophies of Plato and Aristotle which are the basic foundation of western society today?

:snoop:

You keep ignoring my point. What makes a Christian a Christian isn't belief in God. It's belief in what Paul said about God.

What do podcasts have to do with anything? Did God tell you personally He had a son? No? So you have faith in whoever did. But don't mistake that for faith in God. A Christian is a Christian based on what people they believe just like a Muslim is a Muslim based on what people they believe.

It has nothing to do with belief in God, which is already understood.