Religion/Spirituality Theism Discussion (Abrahamic Religions, Religious Philosophy, etc.)

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People forget that Christian women cover themselves in all black out of modesty as well. Not as prevalent today, but I'm assuming they do in very religious Christian countries.

Aside from Vatican City, can anyone help me out? Im being serious

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On allah...
God Allah - Does It Mean God?

Catholicism...
I don't get down with human worship, it's not biblically founded...so yeah.
Allah means God.

Great post.

If only the ignorant people realize Jews, Christians and Muslims believe in the one and SAME God. The way Islamophobia is spreading today, people think of the contrary.

Ignorant individuals, of any religion or none, think Muslims don't believe in Jesus and so forth.

At the end of the day the people and rules are practically similarly, it is the cultures throughout time that have either been more passive or abiding to the religion and how it has progressed.

People would be surprised that Jesus is mentioned 25 times in the Quran, while Muhammad is mentioned only 5 times. I actually didn't know that myself lol

BTW, Mehdi Hassan gave that work. Yall should check it out.

Why can't we all just get along? lol

Last edited:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
At the request of - Real Talk of NY.

I'll start off by saying this. I find it wild and uncivilized to see some christians call out Islam to be this big bad religion when they have little to no knowledge of their own religion. What's yall beef? Have we not proven 9/11 was done by Israel, and the Christian US gov? Here's a chart comparing the 2.

Islam: Christianity:

One God ------ One god(supposedly)
Prays to god ------- Prays to god(supposedly)
Believes god is righteous ------ Believes god is righteous
Practice Rituals -------- Practice Rituals
Have a place of worship ------ Have a place of worship

what's the differences?

Women are covered ------- Women dress however
Don't eat pork ------ Eat Pork
Are high on education ------ Rather party than study
Fast ---------No fast

Which one is the wicked one again?

So what's causing the hatred between the 2?

Ignorance-------Ignorance

And the governments taking advantage of the situation loves ignorance

So what's the beef? :yeshrug:

The difference is that we (Christians) believe Jesus is God and Islam believes Him only to be a prophet. Another difference is that Christians put their trust in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross as the payment of our sin debt. If it wasn't for the Lord's sacrifice on Calvary, we believe that we would be going to hell, which is what we honestly deserve. But God's grace has given us the gift of salvation, which we accept through faith, not by works. (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Black Hans

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I believe it was pride at the beginning but mostly ignorance now. When Muhammad first received revelation he was expelled from Mecca and went to Medina. He was excepted there because the Jews of the city recognized him from their scripture.

Even in the New Testament...

This is believed to be speaking of Muhammad.

Muhammad is NOT the Holy Spirit.

Black Hans

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Again with the slick comment.

Religion causes problems.

Period.

Does it cause all of them? No. No one is saying that.

BUT its an obvious cause of division we can get rid of.
If this includes faith (which is what I call true Christianity) then "religion" should cause problems. One is of God and the others are of the devil. There will be no ecumenism. Real Christians will not mesh with the rest of the world's religions. It was never meant to.

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
The difference is that we (Christians) believe Jesus is God and Islam believes Him only to be a prophet. Another difference is that Christians put their trust in Jesus' sacrifice on the cross as the payment of our sin debt. If it wasn't for the Lord's sacrifice on Calvary, we believe that we would be going to hell, which is what we honestly deserve. But God's grace has given us the gift of salvation, which we accept through faith, not by works. (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Peace.

If jesus is god, then what about life before him? God is the creator of all things right? Creation existed before the creator? The vast majority of us have already gone through hell, some are still going through it. Hell is a punishment for incorrect actions. There are no more punishments or rewards when you die. One can pray to god all day but if you don't get up and do something your ass is dead. Or you can not pray at all and work hard and receive the reward. The universe is based on equality. So what you put in is what you get back. I'm not telling you not to pray, if it's what you want to do then cool, I'm just saying...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why didn't you list when and around what events these were revealed? In the context they were meant to be taken there is nothing wrong with those verses. And yes the video says a person worshiping Allah is not Worshiping God, which means the man didn't consider the word Allah the same. Allah being used to describe the main idol doesn't take away from the meaning of the word, people call their idols God as well, the cow is God to some, etc. Doesn't take away from the one true God., your videos are 100% bs, friend. And that's me being nice.

If Islam taught to slay everyone why when Muslims took Damascus they prayed Friday prayers at st John the Baptist church and let Christians have their Sundays there too? how come when Muslims took Jerusalem they didn't kill anyone but took it peacefully? How come the crusaders killed women and children in Jerusalem? Oh how cruel those Muslims must be. But you can believe your false YouTube clips if you want, remain ignorant.

Ok breh, school me on the context of war that makes it acceptable to kill someone simply because they won't accept your religion?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peace.

If jesus is god, then what about life before him? God is the creator of all things right? Creation existed before the creator? The vast majority of us have already gone through hell, some are still going through it. Hell is a punishment for incorrect actions. There are no more punishments or rewards when you die. One can pray to god all day but if you don't get up and do something your ass is dead. Or you can not pray at all and work hard and receive the reward. The universe is based on equality. So what you put in is what you get back. I'm not telling you not to pray, if it's what you want to do then cool, I'm just saying...

With original sin the world became evil and imperfect or not of the lord. Jesus was sent to redeem man, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
With original sin the world became evil and imperfect or not of the lord. Jesus was sent to redeem man, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Ok, Jesus was sent. So how did he become god if he was sent? Eternal life? Why do people cry when loved ones die?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, Jesus was sent. So how did he become god if he was sent? Eternal life? Why do people cry when loved ones die?

Jesus didn't become God he was always divine and became a necessary force meant to imbue mankind with the grace it had lost in the Garden of Eden,
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Just like hell being the separation from God for eternity Eternal life is being in Heaven with Christ "to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.", that is why a true believer need not fear death.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Ok breh, school me on the context of war that makes it acceptable to kill someone simply because they won't accept your religion?

It says when at war you have the right to kill, if they beg for mercy forgive them. How hard is that to understand?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Just wanted to point out that religion isn't about the existence of a creator. That's to be understood. The creation exists, therefore there is a creator. It's as simple as that. To argue against a creator is to argue logic.

Religion is about man. All the Abrahamic faiths worship God. What makes them different is the prophets they follow or don't follow.

To say you're Muslim doesn't mean you believe in God. Common sense should be your reasoning for belief in God. No, to be Muslim means you accept Muhammad as God's messenger and follow his example in worship.

Understand God is God and that isn't the debate. The question is whether or not you believe God spoke to these people.

Just wanted to clarify that. Continue on...

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
All Abrahamic religions worship God but Christianity makes it explicitly clear without Christ you will perish aka go straight to the hell fire.

To answer your question religion is man made Jesus was not in the business of building megachurches

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Do you believe there is a place in the afterlife where people will burn for the rest of their lives in eternity?

Speak on it why and why not? I will give a detailed response later...:youngsabo:

Last edited: