THEE TOP 100 YEARS BY A RAP ARTIST, SOLO........TOP 5!!!! TOP 5!!!!!

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
when it comes to Fab vs Chingy imo you cant say that about Fab,or Plies or Trick Daddy,which ever you decide to place in that spot when you eventually realize nikkas aint going for Chingy right thurr:martin:...im actually going to retract my Plies vote since its somewhat based on favoritism,Trick Daddy or Fab should go in that spot....you probaly need to knock 2 nikkas out this list and make room for those two breh...you owe me one at least based on the fact I'm ignoring your E-40 disrespect in this list:pachaha:

fabulous is now in the top 50.
trick daddy barely cracked the top 75 tho.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You back peddled. There was no break down.

T.I. didn't pander his whole career. That is speculation on your part.

The Akon thing isn't speculation. Jeezy thought "Soul Survivor" was going to ruin his career. His thoughts not mine:

"The Atlanta emcee originally thought this collab with Akon would ruin his career"

Young Jeezy Shares the Story Behind "Soul Survivor" for 'Magnum Opus' | Mass Appeal

When Jeezy came out he wasn't a star. "Soul Survivor" put him there.

"Soul Survivor" was a summer single and it pretty much carried the album to platinum.

Breh, the subject matter of a song doesn't determine whether or not it's commercial. When "Soul Survivor" came out, Akon was fresh of this song:

^^^ His first international hit and the biggest song he had out at the time.

Oh and then you tried to make it like Jeezy did no pandering to the East Coast. "Soul Survivor" video was based on the movie Paid In Full. Beanie Sigel, Fabolous, DJ Clue and of course Cam make cameo appearances in the video.

I didn't back-peddle at all. I'm just not interested in talking in circles. what ive said is still there, and I stand by it.

its not speculation at all. TIP has been making formulaic records since the very beginning.

did jeezy go into detail as to why he thought soul survivor would ruin his career?

the soul survivor video wasn't pandering. "paid in full" was THEE movie of the time period. and jeezy was already the new IT rapper on the east coast beforehand. he didn't have to pull swizz beatz out of left-field to do a song that he didn't normally make.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fabulous is now in the top 50.
trick daddy barely cracked the top 75 tho.

:salute:

Might have to come back and get T.I moved up,if you can put your blinding hatred of T.I to the side:lolbron:

I gotta see the top 10 first to see if its neccesary:mjpls:

and I dont like Cube or Eazy behind Dre,especially not 93 Dre....if you gotta put Dre higher it should at least be 1999:comeon:

93 Dre was carried too much by Snoop for him to have that spot imo,alot of his success was as Snoops sidekick that year:sas1:

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:salute:

Might have to come back and get T.I moved up,if you can put your blinding hatred of T.I to the side:lolbron:

I gotta see the top 10 first to see if its neccesary

and I dont like Cube or Eazy behind Dre,especially not 93 Dre....if you gotta put Dre higher it should at least be 1999

93 Dre was carried too much by Snoop for him to have that spot imo,alot of his success was as Snoops sidekick that year

TIP aint going no higher than that. youre gonna have a hell of a time tryna convince me otherwise.

'99 Dre was moreso for the suburbs. and he was riding Eminem's wave.
'93 dre was moreso the setup for snoop. if anything, snoop was the sidekick. I see what youre saying tho. only hit without snoop was "let me ride".
how far you think dre should drop?

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Jada had hype behind him, but by no means was he a threat. Jay and Nas were trading jabs since the 90's. The battle had nothing to do with who was hotter..

but earlier, u claimed that jay & nas were battling for KONY.

is it oochie wally wally or is it one mic?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but earlier, u claimed that jay & nas were battling for KONY.

is it oochie wally wally or is it one mic?

KONY wasn't about who was hotter. It was about who was better. Jay came at Nas saying he'd fallen off as an MC, then it got personal when he implied he'd been with Carmen

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TIP aint going no higher than that. youre gonna have a hell of a time tryna convince me otherwise.

'99 Dre was moreso for the suburbs. and he was riding Eminem's wave.
'93 dre was moreso the setup for snoop. if anything, snoop was the sidekick. I see what youre saying tho. only hit without snoop was "let me ride".
how far you think dre should drop?

Eminem was riding Dre's wave. Dude was an underground MC with underground buzz before Dre. He gets a Dre co-sign and Dre beats and he's a superstar overnight. Em blew up big time after 2001 dropped. SSLP picked up more sales and MMLP was way bigger than the SSLP. That album had more Dre production and its biggest single was produced by Dre.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Eminem was riding Dre's wave. Dude was an underground MC with underground buzz before Dre. He gets a Dre co-sign and Dre beats and he's a superstar overnight. Em blew up big time after 2001 dropped. SSLP picked up more sales and MMLP was way bigger than the SSLP. That album had more Dre production and its biggest single was produced by Dre.

did you make a typo?

I'm not sure if youre agreeing or disagreeing with me.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
KONY wasn't about who was hotter. It was about who was better. Jay came at Nas saying he'd fallen off as an MC, then it got personal when he implied he'd been with Carmen

same chit

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
same chit

Not even remotely the same. It's apparent you'll post anything to fit your narrative. So you're trying to tell me that the 21 Savages, Carti's, and Migos and other so called hot artists are better because their music is supposed to be the hottest right now?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
in the eastern side of the south Plies was that nikka,i dont know how far it spanded out west in the south....but he had nikkas like Lil Wayne who was the biggest rapper at the time telling him he was the hardest nikka out,nikka got cosigns from Scarface,T.I saying he was up next,Nas even said he was feeling em....a classic album dont take precedent over Chingys shyt:picard:?even nikkas who aint like Plies kinda had to fall back after that album dropped,plus he had street classic hits off that Real Testament,100 Years wasnt highly talked about and respected?Goons Lurkin wasnt getting no play,Shawty wasnt a song women love and had nikkas in they feelings on the low:mjcry:?Plus that I'm So Hood feature you need to acknowledge how that introduced him to the world,every nikka in every hood accross the nation knew that verse word for word and fukked wit Plies after that:wow:

but its cool im not arguing for Plies on this one:hubie:

and you said competetion level would play a part,Meek was up against alooooota nikkas who you yourself have at damn near 30,and they at 30 in years that wasnt even 2012 which you claim is Meeks peek year...and its arguable if he was above Future in 2012,definitley wasnt above Drake in 2012,and i know for a fact you hate Kendrick and everything he stood for in 2012,so lets see if you will put his 2012 in this list:sas1:? so in a era thats not as competetive Meek was behind a awful lot of nikkas that year,im just naming a few.

and you have the audacity to question Bustas 99:hhh:?look at how many nikkas 99's you got high up on this list,and that doesnt even cover nikkas who only aint here because they probaly had hotter 98's,but was still hot as shyt in 1999:pachaha:

you can call Busta warm in 99,but Meek was as warm as Busta was if you grade on a curve...but even on that curve,a warm 99>>>warm 2012:banderas:

Props on moving up Hammer,in the system we trust:wow:

ive rarely ever seen someone take the time out to break the south down into sections. good stuff.:ohhh:

i'd say plies was poppin in both. I remember him outdrawing a lil wayne show on the same night in new Orleans during Wayne's peak.

meek was easily bigger than future in 2012. drake & Kendrick are plants breh. yea, drake is listed at 30 for 2015 or whatever, but that's cuz hes too big of a household name now. but still, he prolly wont ever get higher on this list.

busta rhymes was never the type to shut the game down. I could've easily just left him out of the top 50 actually.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Not even remotely the same. It's apparent you'll post anything to fit your narrative. So you're trying to tell me that the 21 Savages, Carti's, and Migos and other so called hot artists are better because their music is supposed to be the hottest right now?

horrible example using those names.