THEE TOP 100 YEARS BY A RAP ARTIST, SOLO........TOP 5!!!! TOP 5!!!!!

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Did you or did you not say Dre was riding Em's wave?

yes,

but I cant tell if you agree or not because your opening statement is "dre was riding em's wave".

but then you went on to argue about it.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Re-read the post. Clearly says "Eminem was riding Dre's wave". No edits.

dre was riding em's wave tho.

I mean, of course they helped each other. but dr dre was a dead fish until SSLP dropped.

and lets be real, it was mostly Eminem fans that bought dr 2001 and purchased tickets to the "up in smoke tour".

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dre was riding em's wave tho.

I mean, of course they helped each other. but dr dre was a dead fish until SSLP dropped.

and lets be real, it was mostly Eminem fans that bought dr 2001 and purchased tickets to the "up in smoke tour".

This is a contradiction, how is he a wave rider if he created the wave?

Eminem didn't have a wave. He benefited from Dre far more than Dre benefited from him. Dre also produced 2-3 songs on Snoop's No Limit Top Dogg, which were far more indicative of the sound of 2001 than what he did for SSLP. Em doesn't have credibility without Dre. Eminem's fan base isn't as huge without Dre.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
This is a contradiction, how is he a wave rider if he created the wave?

Eminem didn't have a wave. He benefited from Dre far more than Dre benefited from him. Dre also produced 2-3 songs on Snoop's No Limit Top Dogg, which were far more indicative of the sound of 2001 than what he did for SSLP. Em doesn't have credibility without Dre. Eminem's fan base isn't as huge without Dre.

it worked both ways.

dre gave him the cultural cosign
Eminem revitalized his career.

but lets be real, outside of desperate west coasters, it was mainly Eminem fans supporting dr dre in '99-00.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
11 Wiz should be way higher

how?

and who would you put him over?

hes certainly in that class with young mc and the like. and their hits already outlasted wiz khalifa's chit, despite being 2 decades older.

plus wiz is the original plant life.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
how?

and who would you put him over?

hes certainly in that class with young mc and the like. and their hits already outlasted wiz khalifa's chit, despite being 2 decades older.

plus wiz is the original plant life.
Black and yellow still gets play til this day

Cabin Fever was the shyt

Play the song "Taylor Gang" and nikkas still go crasy

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
TIP aint going no higher than that. youre gonna have a hell of a time tryna convince me otherwise.

'99 Dre was moreso for the suburbs. and he was riding Eminem's wave.
'93 dre was moreso the setup for snoop. if anything, snoop was the sidekick. I see what youre saying tho. only hit without snoop was "let me ride".
how far you think dre should drop?

Im going to retract Dre being dropped lower,what can I say,everybody he helps create ends up being hotter than him almost immediatley:wow:....But at some point he deserves a high ammount of credit for that,and what he did for the west coast in 93 impact wise is much bigger and mostly more important than what he did in 99.....even if the demand for Snoop immediatley became bigger than the demand for Dre on the mc side of things. I have to remember not to discount the demand for his sound since he's a producer.

I wanna argue Puffy being that high on principle:scust:,but I would kindve be a hypocrite after what I said about Dre.....but on the respect side of things it aint the same,T.I could definitley go in his spot....T.I need to go in Puffs spot,Kurtis Blow spot,or Ice T spot.

You got 2006 T.I on there,and he was huge then,had the movie,fully crossed over.....but we need to talk about 2004 T.I:wow:

Have you ever witnessed a nikka from the south see the level of respect T.I got EVERYWHERE from all angles,in all categorys:mindblown:? breh, T.I was that nikka in the south,he was that nikka on the west,and he was even that nikka on the east and was called the Jay-Z of the south at the end of 2004,and appearing on east coast nikkas shyt for his BARS. Got a cosign from Scarface and Jay in the same year. Dropped the "Down WIth the King" mixtape and ended Lil Flips career while dropping a classic mixtape. Do you understand he managed to become a mixtape legend off that,and a undeniable crossover star all in that same year? Managed to become a street legend and a pop star all in one year my nikka:wow:

All of this after calling himself king of the south and having people look at him funny,you know nikkas was waiting for him to fail so they could humble his ass:mjlol:...Im putting T.I higher than alot of nikkas based on degree of difficulty,and respect which i dont think you taking as seriously as you should with this list:ufdup:

somebody let me know what Kurtis Blow did in 80 that should put him above T.I,respect to ICe-T the OG i can think of a few things that make it arguable for him in 88-89....Kurtis blow I'ma need to be informed,it gotta be more than songs,we talking high impact here:hubie:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Black and yellow still gets play til this day

Cabin Fever was the shyt

Play the song "Taylor Gang" and nikkas still go crasy

I'm not hearing any of it on THAT level like those mentioned.

I can see black & yellow getting spinned at a steelers game of course. that should never die.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Im going to retract Dre being dropped lower,what can I say,everybody he helps create ends up being hotter than him almost immediatley:wow:....But at some point he deserves a high ammount of credit for that,and what he did for the west coast in 93 impact wise is much bigger and mostly more important than what he did in 99.....even if the demand for Snoop immediatley became bigger than the demand for Dre on the mc side of things. I have to remember not to discount the demand for his sound since he's a producer.

I wanna argue Puffy being that high on principle:scust:,but I would kindve be a hypocrite after what I said about Dre.....but on the respect side of things it aint the same,T.I could definitley go in his spot....T.I need to go in Puffs spot,Kurtis Blow spot,or Ice T spot.

You got 2006 T.I on there,and he was huge then,had the movie,fully crossed over.....but we need to talk about 2004 T.I:wow:

Have you ever witnessed a nikka from the south see the level of respect T.I got EVERYWHERE from all angles,in all categorys:mindblown:? breh, T.I was that nikka in the south,he was that nikka on the west,and he was even that nikka on the east and was called the Jay-Z of the south at the end of 2004,and appearing on east coast nikkas shyt for his BARS. Got a cosign from Scarface and Jay in the same year. Dropped the "Down WIth the King" mixtape and ended Lil Flips career while dropping a classic mixtape. Do you understand he managed to become a mixtape legend off that,and a undeniable crossover star all in that same year? Managed to become a street legend and a pop star all in one year my nikka:wow:

All of this after calling himself king of the south and having people look at him funny,you know nikkas was waiting for him to fail so they could humble his ass:mjlol:...Im putting T.I higher than alot of nikkas based on degree of difficulty,and respect which i dont think you taking as seriously as you should with this list:ufdup:

somebody let me know what Kurtis Blow did in 80 that should put him above T.I,respect to ICe-T the OG i can think of a few things that make it arguable for him in 88-89....Kurtis blow I'ma need to be informed,it gotta be more than songs,we talking high impact here:hubie:

youre seriously overrating TIP but I forgot that you were a big fan. he was the rapper that you kicked to the curb once you discovered plies.

the answer to everything you described in the bolded is YOUNG JEEZY. and there want much of a degree of difficulty for TIP or even jeezy to do what they did. all the hardwork was already done by the new Orleans rappers in the late '90s/early '00s. then on top of that TIP and even jeezy came in after the industry decided to use the new era south as a pawn to dumb down the culture, with the original face being lil jon.

2004 TIP wasn't no pop star. he was a negga beggin for attention.
lil flip was blackballed breh. TIP didn't end anything with his embarrassing lies and weak disses. and the scarface cosign came because face was mad that flip didn't sign with def jam south.
the whole "jay-z of the south" thing was media-pushed bullchit that started with the VIBE.

ice t vs kurtis blow is arguable. but you really tryna put TI ahead of kurtis blow??:mindblown: