THEE TOP 100 YEARS BY A RAP ARTIST, SOLO........TOP 5!!!! TOP 5!!!!!

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
biggie running away with the poll.

looks like hes gonna flip-flop back ahead of jay-z.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
5. '87 LL Cool J
4. '03 50 Cent
3. '98 DMX
2. '96 2Pack
1. '94 Snoop Doggy Dogg

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
youre seriously overrating TIP but I forgot that you were a big fan. he was the rapper that you kicked to the curb once you discovered plies.

the answer to everything you described in the bolded is YOUNG JEEZY. and there want much of a degree of difficulty for TIP or even jeezy to do what they did. all the hardwork was already done by the new Orleans rappers in the late '90s/early '00s. then on top of that TIP and even jeezy came in after the industry decided to use the new era south as a pawn to dumb down the culture, with the original face being lil jon.

2004 TIP wasn't no pop star. he was a negga beggin for attention.
lil flip was blackballed breh. TIP didn't end anything with his embarrassing lies and weak disses. and the scarface cosign came because face was mad that flip didn't sign with def jam south.
the whole "jay-z of the south" thing was media-pushed bullchit that started with the VIBE.

ice t vs kurtis blow is arguable. but you really tryna put TI ahead of kurtis blow??:mindblown:

Most of this post is wrong.

When was Jeezy ever referred to as the Jay Z of the South?

When has Jeezy ever appeared on East Coast rappers albums for his BARS?

When was Jeezy a crossover star?

Only thing that rings true of Jeezy in the description is the mixtapes. T.I.'s mixtape catalog is weak in comparison to Jeezy.

In reference to New Orleans as much of a fan as I was of No Limit and respect for what they did in terms of business, many looked at No Limit and even CMR the same way you're viewing Lil' Jon in that post. If anything, they made it more difficult, because any rapper that came up from The South had to be lyrically dope to be respected. After No Limit and CMR, a lot of people ignorantly viewed The South as a region of lyrically deficient rappers. No Limit had a host of rappers that were slept on lyrically. Wayne didn't even get recognition until he adopted a more East Coast style.

Lil' Flip wasn't blackballed. Face's co-sign wasn't predicated on Flip. The "Jay Z of the South" thing wasn't started by Vibe. Pharrell was saying this before the Vibe cover, which is a pretty legit statement considering he worked with both Jay Z and T.I.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Most of this post is wrong.

When was Jeezy ever referred to as the Jay Z of the South?

When has Jeezy ever appeared on East Coast rappers albums for his BARS?

When was Jeezy a crossover star?

Only thing that rings true of Jeezy in the description is the mixtapes. T.I.'s mixtape catalog is weak in comparison to Jeezy.

In reference to New Orleans as much of a fan as I was of No Limit and respect for what they did in terms of business, many looked at No Limit and even CMR the same way you're viewing Lil' Jon in that post. If anything, they made it more difficult, because any rapper that came up from The South had to be lyrically dope to be respected. After No Limit and CMR, a lot of people ignorantly viewed The South as a region of lyrically deficient rappers. No Limit had a host of rappers that were slept on lyrically. Wayne didn't even get recognition until he adopted a more East Coast style.

Lil' Flip wasn't blackballed. Face's co-sign wasn't predicated on Flip. The "Jay Z of the South" thing wasn't started by Vibe. Pharrell was saying this before the Vibe cover, which is a pretty legit statement considering he worked with both Jay Z and T.I.

I never said jeezy was viewed as the jay-z of the south. I'm saying that the while "T.I. is the jay-z of the south" thing was an industry &media-pushed narrative. EDIT: you even admitted it yourself at the end of this post.

you really think east coast rappers sought out TIP collabos for his bars breh?
when was jeezy not a crossover star? he had the dmX-factor. every alpha-minded white guy that at least dabbled in hip-hop was bumpin jeezy, the same way they bumped a DMX or 50 cent. jeezy grabbed that torch, and was prolly the last to run with it. another reason why rap sales went to chit.

you missed my point about new orleans. of course a lot of biased fans looked at no limit & cash money the same way people looked at lil jon. that's because no limit & to a lesser degree- cash money were THE BARRIER BREAKERS. the ones on the frontlines that took the shots. ESPECIALLY NO LIMIT. cash money benefited from coming in after them.

scarface went out of his way to diss lil flip when he cosigned T.I. breh. he was mad that flip turned down the def jam south deal. and by the time of the tip/flip situation, I don't think scarface even had his position at def jam south anymore.:laugh:

if flip wasn't blackballed, then what do you call it? he didn't even get the proper follow-up treatment for his next album.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Jeezy 05 above 08 or even 07 Wayne makes no fukkin sense.

wayne went the quantity over quality route, backed by a bunch of hype.
then he disappointed with his C3 album, and lets be real, he was just a halfway respected rapper.

jeezy had a more organic run, was bigger in the streets, had the last movement in hip-hop and still managed to be the IT rapper in the mainstream that year.

wayne had the kids & teens.
jeezy had the kids, teens AND ADULTS.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Since when can you be #1 on this list when you have a ghost writer? Does the site at least mention D.O.C.?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said jeezy was viewed as the jay-z of the south. I'm saying that the while "T.I. is the jay-z of the south" thing was an industry &media-pushed narrative. EDIT: you even admitted it yourself at the end of this post.

you really think east coast rappers sought out TIP collabos for his bars breh?
when was jeezy not a crossover star? he had the dmX-factor. every alpha-minded white guy that at least dabbled in hip-hop was bumpin jeezy, the same way they bumped a DMX or 50 cent. jeezy grabbed that torch, and was prolly the last to run with it. another reason why rap sales went to chit.

you missed my point about new orleans. of course a lot of biased fans looked at no limit & cash money the same way people looked at lil jon. that's because no limit & to a lesser degree- cash money were THE BARRIER BREAKERS. the ones on the frontlines that took the shots. ESPECIALLY NO LIMIT. cash money benefited from coming in after them.

scarface went out of his way to diss lil flip when he cosigned T.I. breh. he was mad that flip turned down the def jam south deal. and by the time of the tip/flip situation, I don't think scarface even had his position at def jam south anymore.:laugh:

if flip wasn't blackballed, then what do you call it? he didn't even get the proper follow-up treatment for his next album.

You bolded breh's post and said Jeezy was the answer to everything in the bolded, which included T.I. being viewed as the Jay Z of the South.

How was Pharrell saying T.I. was the Jay Z of the South an industry/media narrative? This was between I'm Serious and Trap Muzik when Pharrell even made the statement. Saying that probably hindered him more than it hurt because he was still a rookie at that point.

Jeezy was not a crossover star. You don't even know what that means. Crossover means your music has crossed over into the Pop lane and you're pretty much a household name at that point. So now you're spokesperson for alpha-minded white guys :jbhmm:. Jeezy didn't have the DMX factor. It's funny you mention X, because as I recall, he was dissed by X. And you're way off talking about rap sales declined after Jeezy.

No Limit and CMR weren't the barrier breakers. When No Limit came out, people that didn't get it viewed it as The South taking steps backward instead of forward musically. And while they paved the way for CMR, CMR got a little more respect, but were still frowned upon for flash over substance. The point is, it made it difficult for people to take The South seriously outside of Scarface/Geto Boys and OutKast.

Scarface's co-sign had nothing to do with Flip. He wanted to bring T.I. to Def Jam before the spat between T.I. and Flip popped off.

Flip couldn't recover after "Sunshine". He didn't have a follow-up for the biggest hit of his career. His credibility waned because of the song. He was being dissed. Then to top it off, his album kept getting pushed back.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You bolded breh's post and said Jeezy was the answer to everything in the bolded, which included T.I. being viewed as the Jay Z of the South.

How was Pharrell saying T.I. was the Jay Z of the South an industry/media narrative? This was between I'm Serious and Trap Muzik when Pharrell even made the statement. Saying that probably hindered him more than it hurt because he was still a rookie at that point.

Jeezy was not a crossover star. You don't even know what that means. Crossover means your music has crossed over into the Pop lane and you're pretty much a household name at that point. So now you're spokesperson for alpha-minded white guys :jbhmm:. Jeezy didn't have the DMX factor. It's funny you mention X, because as I recall, he was dissed by X. And you're way off talking about rap sales declined after Jeezy.

No Limit and CMR weren't the barrier breakers. When No Limit came out, people that didn't get it viewed it as The South taking steps backward instead of forward musically. And while they paved the way for CMR, CMR got a little more respect, but were still frowned upon for flash over substance. The point is, it made it difficult for people to take The South seriously outside of Scarface/Geto Boys and OutKast.

Scarface's co-sign had nothing to do with Flip. He wanted to bring T.I. to Def Jam before the spat between T.I. and Flip popped off.

Flip couldn't recover after "Sunshine". He didn't have a follow-up for the biggest hit of his career. His credibility waned because of the song. He was being dissed. Then to top it off, his album kept getting pushed back.

well I didn't mean to bold that part.:yeshrug:

Pharrell is industry breh. and tip was no rookie. he was getting ready to drop his 3rd album.

theres a difference between crossing over & selling out. I know the lines are blurred these days, but some guys actually managed to crossover into middle America organically. jeezy may have been the last.

DMX dissed jeezy on 106th cuz of the stuff he and others had going on with def jam.

if no limit and CMR weren't the barrier breakers, then who were? this should be entertaining.
outkast wasn't taking seriously all like that either. sorry to break it to you.
THE BOTTOM LINE is that no limit were the ones that made the south into a viable coast. and then cash money came and put the nail in the coffin.
as respect as they were, the geto boys didn't do that. nor did outkast- whose majority base isn't even the southern market.

I know ur not good at reading between the lines so I'm not gonna argue with you about the flip/tip/scarface thing anymore.

flip was getting dissed before that album, let alone the sunshine single - which was the typical radio hit at the time, with 90% of the industry doing their best jarule impression. there was nothing to recover from.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well I didn't mean to bold that part.:yeshrug:

Pharrell is industry breh. and tip was no rookie. he was getting ready to drop his 3rd album.

theres a difference between crossing over & selling out. I know the lines are blurred these days, but some guys actually managed to crossover into middle America organically. jeezy may have been the last.

DMX dissed jeezy on 106th cuz of the stuff he and others had going on with def jam.

if no limit and CMR weren't the barrier breakers, then who were? this should be entertaining.
outkast wasn't taking seriously all like that either. sorry to break it to you.
THE BOTTOM LINE is that no limit were the ones that made the south into a viable coast. and then cash money came and put the nail in the coffin.
as respect as they were, the geto boys didn't do that. nor did outkast- whose majority base isn't even the southern market.

I know ur not good at reading between the lines so I'm not gonna argue with you about the flip/tip/scarface thing anymore.

flip was getting dissed before that album, let alone the sunshine single - which was the typical radio hit at the time, with 90% of the industry doing their best jarule impression. there was nothing to recover from.

Pharrell wasn't industry then. He was just starting to be known on his own and not as one of The Neptunes.

Jeezy never reached that audience especially not in the way that DMX did even though he attempted to.

DMX dissing Jeezy had nothing to do with Def Jam.

OutKast were taken more seriously than anyone from No Limit or CMR musically. Andre nor Big were ever looked at as lacking lyrically in the way that CMR and No Limit were. In terms of breaking barriers, when it came to explicit content in music 2Live Crew broke barriers. They took hits for that. Additionally, they helped pioneer thick women becoming prevalent in Hip Hop videos. Geto Boys broke The South through mainstream

You're even in here conceding to the fact that No Limit and CMR were viewed along the lines of Lil' Jon in terms of respect. Huge sellers, but people outside The South (and even some in The South) were critical of them as lyricists especially the East.

Reading between the lines =/= agreeing with BS. The two might be synonymous to you. So yeah, you should leave that alone.

T.I. was not dissing Flip before that album. "Sunshine" was Flip's "My Chick Bad" before "My Chick Bad", what I mean by that is one garbage line stained what he had going on at the time. It made him an easy target. When you throw that Lucky Charms cereal box album cover into the mix and being dissed into the mix, it's pretty hard to come back.

Daps
some of these dudes just don't understand.

05 was an eye opener...To see dudes from Brownsville to Bedstuy in their trucks giving a down south nikka love like he was Kiss, 50 or Big was something. Snowman shirts being purchased on Pitkin Ave...Jeezy's heyday was similar to the initial hype around Snoop, X & 50