THEE TOP 100 YEARS BY A RAP ARTIST, SOLO........TOP 5!!!! TOP 5!!!!!

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
whats wrong with chingy being on the list? dude had a huge run with his debut. and we gonna act like he didn't have nelly & Ludacris in their feelings?

is '99 even the best year for busta? you actually liked that janet Jackson song?:heh:

I have nelly over hammer, cuz country grammar was a more respected LP than "please hammer don't hurt em", and as much hate as nelly got, it paled in comparison to the hate for hammer. in fairnesss, those are two completely different time periods. hip-hop's gatekeepers were on their job more in hammer's heyday. but yea, explain why you would put hammer over nelly, and I might change my stance.

Hammer had a cartoon,Hammer had endorsements,Hammer had music videos that got shown in primetime tv like it was an event:comeon:....Hammer got a James Brown cosign,a cosign against his own son Michael Jackson...James mustve really thought Hammer was a better entertainer and could take down Michael:wow:....then Hammer got called by Michael Jackson just to check the temprature and make sure everything cool:whoa:

My nikka Hammer was the most loved and feared and hated in hiphop,and the most loved and feared hiphop artist in pop:mindblown:

Plus for being the greatest li e performer ever in hiphop he should get more props than Nelly off that alone:comeon:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And Chingy didnt have a run and had very little respect outside of women and kids....he was Fabolous if Fab wasnt so respected for his bars....Fab should be in over chingy off top for having a longevity which counts as a run,even if you dont think it was as impactful as Chingy:comeon:?Plies had more hits than Chingy and definitky more respect and cosigns from legends,and was arguably the hottest nikka in the streets at the time....chingy aint have a noteworthy run at all,just a couple hits..

You definitley not taking ALL of your own criteria into account here:martin:....and busta had a couple good runs,but that was the only one that had him looking like he would be a megastar....but there were just to many other hiphop superstars and new movements at the time from every angle and every region....that smothered his flame.

But the fact u not sure if thats his best run should put him ahead of chingy who didnt have one....if anyhing busta or mystikal should be tied with luda and put chingy in one of they spots if you was such a fan he has to be on this list:scust:

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Hammer had a cartoon,Hammer had endorsements,Hammer had music videos that got shown in primetime tv like it was an event:comeon:....Hammer got a James Brown cosign,a cosign against his own son Michael Jackson...James mustve really thought Hammer was a better entertainer and could take down Michael:wow:....then Hammer got called by Michael Jackson just to check the temprature and make sure everything cool:whoa:

My nikka Hammer was the most loved and feared and hated in hiphop,and the most loved and feared hiphop artist in pop:mindblown:

Plus for being the greatest li e performer ever in hiphop he should get more props than Nelly off that alone:comeon:

so who do you have between hammer & Eminem?

cuz nelly & Eminem were basically equals.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
like i said earlier, in order for jada to meet any of those criterias he needs as asterisk.
all his shyt is *on the east coast
streets? eaet coast streets
impact? maybe he impacted the east coast because he had 0 impact on the west.
influence? maybe on the east coast.
reception? non-existent outside east coast.
respect? maybe on east coast.
no sales
no main stream
no accolades
flop singles

as for bubba and petey not having legit follow ups? :stopitslime: fukk outta here:camby: bubba dropped deliverance right after which is better than any jada album. the shyt flopped and he was on an 2001 jada level with that, but you don't see me begging he be on this shyt. petey dropped feel a leek and was still bigger than jada in his "real" big year of 04. yaw nikka's so outta touch.

I dont know bruh Bubba Sparks:patrice:?even without any of the stuff you are saying,Jada should still be on this list over Bubba Sparks:comeon:? Trick Daddy was an undeniable mention though:salute:?nikka came out of Florida and put on like a mafuka:wow:...put on Trina,damn that he put on Slip In Slide which would have to include the likes of Plies and Rick Ross,and his influence on them was undeniable....all i know is this nikka Wacky D by popular demand gon have to get Chingy the fukk up outta here:camby:

i would argue against Jada not having respect,everywhere I've been its like nikkas respect Jada.....but its one of those kindve respect where nikkas have heard him kill shyt over the years and know he got bars,even though they might not be fans or support his shyt....so it may be a superficial respect,but respect nonetheless....plus they get respect from they peers which has to hold alot of weight.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I dont know bruh Bubba Sparks:patrice:?even without any of the stuff you are saying,Jada should still be on this list over Bubba Sparks:comeon:? Trick Daddy was an undeniable mention though:salute:?nikka came out of Florida and put on like a mafuka:wow:...put on Trina,damn that he put on Slip In Slide which would have to include the likes of Plies and Rick Ross,and his influence on them was undeniable....all i know is this nikka Wacky D by popular demand gon have to get Chingy the fukk up outta here:camby:

i would argue against Jada not having respect,everywhere I've been its like nikkas respect Jada.....but its one of those kindve respect where nikkas have heard him kill shyt over the years and know he got bars,even though they might not be fans or support his shyt....so it may be a superficial respect,but respect nonetheless....plus they get respect from they peers which has to hold alot of weight.
I'm not saying bubba should be on the list, he definitely should not be on the list. I'm saying jadakiss was on the same level as bubba.

he flopped. :mindblown: how is that a goat year?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
don't you think that's contradictory to your hammer argument?

Maybe but it aint like Nelly had respect of nikkas that much more than Hammer,and Hammer was so much bigger he should get the nod:sas1:...my argument for Hammer is only that Hammer should be higher than Nelly:hubie:

when it comes to Fab vs Chingy imo you cant say that about Fab,or Plies or Trick Daddy,which ever you decide to place in that spot when you eventually realize nikkas aint going for Chingy right thurr:martin:...im actually going to retract my Plies vote since its somewhat based on favoritism,Trick Daddy or Fab should go in that spot....you probaly need to knock 2 nikkas out this list and make room for those two breh...you owe me one at least based on the fact I'm ignoring your E-40 disrespect in this list:pachaha:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying bubba should be on the list, he definitely should not be on the list. I'm saying jadakiss was on the same level as bubba.

oh okay,i was cool letting Jada slide since he was so low on the list,im letting alot of those nikkas in that 40-50 range slide that i dont agree with or the order:martin:...my nikka got Luda and Chingy tied for gods sake:francis:....only explanation is the homie spent a year in St Louis.

theres been a narrative I've seen that says nikkas thought Jada was competetion to Jay,and nikkas thought he could potentially take Jays place:patrice:? Maybe that was a feeling on the east coast,so i could see him coming to this conclusion on Jada....even though I dont think that feeling existed outside of the east coast.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

how did jadakiss flop?

and how the hell was he on the same level as bubba?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
how did jadakiss flop?

and how the hell was he on the same level as bubba?
album flopped. singles flopped. only reason jada is on here is because of east coast bias. how can you be a non factor in your goat year?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
And Chingy didnt have a run and had very little respect outside of women and kids....he was Fabolous if Fab wasnt so respected for his bars....Fab should be in over chingy off top for having a longevity which counts as a run,even if you dont think it was as impactful as Chingy:comeon:?Plies had more hits than Chingy and definitky more respect and cosigns from legends,and was arguably the hottest nikka in the streets at the time....chingy aint have a noteworthy run at all,just a couple hits..

You definitley not taking ALL of your own criteria into account here:martin:....and busta had a couple good runs,but that was the only one that had him looking like he would be a megastar....but there were just to many other hiphop superstars and new movements at the time from every angle and every region....that smothered his flame.

But the fact u not sure if thats his best run should put him ahead of chingy who didnt have one....if anyhing busta or mystikal should be tied with luda and put chingy in one of they spots if you was such a fan he has to be on this list:scust:

moving mystical up is a good idea,

its not about longevity. its about a year.

fab was on the list initially. had his video posted & all.

plies didn't have more hits than chingy, at least not in one year. and chingy's hits were twice as big as plies chit. plies was the hottest in what streets?

'99 is when busta started getting annoying. and yea, all the hype & promo for this album and it only went platinum in the midst of the sales boom. that doesn't sound like a megastar to me breh. and to try to put him over meek is crazy.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
album flopped. singles flopped. only reason jada is on here is because of east coast bias. how can you be a non factor in your goat year?

his singles were "knock yaself out" and "we gon make it".:stopitslime:

how did the album flopped? I asked you this already and you gave me no response, and instead you just repeated yourself.

a non-factor? he had the king of hip-hop shook like chit.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
theres been a narrative I've seen that says nikkas thought Jada was competetion to Jay,and nikkas thought he could potentially take Jays place:patrice:? Maybe that was a feeling on the east coast,so i could see him coming to this conclusion on Jada....even though I dont think that feeling existed outside of the east coast.

jay-z himself knew jada was coming for his spot.

that's the root of the beans/jada beef.

jay threw stones, then ducked behind state property.:heh: