THEE TOP 100 YEARS BY A RAP ARTIST, SOLO........TOP 5!!!! TOP 5!!!!!

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i reached with waka but naw 09 Gucci definitely belongs in there, 01 jada don't even compare. Gucci album flopped because he went to jail, but he had classic mixtapes, all his singles were buzzing, he had the streets, he had the radio, he had the guest features, etc. jada don't even compare.

off top of my head 01 rappers who had better year than jada:

fabolous (if you wanted a regional east coaster this shoulda been your guy, he was actually big in 01)
trick daddy
fat Joe
petey pablo
bubba sparxxx

jada wasn't even coo coo cal level. i literally didn't know jada was suppssed to be a big deal until this forum.
:manny:

i would say 03 chingy bigger than 98 mystikal but not 00/01.

Out of the list only Fab was arguably bigger than Jada in '01. Fab had the commercial love from "Can't Deny It" which really wasn't all that commercial. Then he had the street joint with "Keepin' It Gangsta". His album was as a formulaic as Jada's, but Fab's worked better. "Trade It All" got remixed by Diddy and carried him over into '02 and he also had "Right Now, Later On" and "Young'n" that were in rotation late '01 and early '02.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Out of the list only Fab was arguably bigger than Jada in '01. Fab had the commercial love from "Can't Deny It" which really wasn't all that commercial. Then he had the street joint with "Keepin' It Gangsta". His album was as a formulaic as Jada's, but Fab's worked better. "Trade It All" got remixed by Diddy and carried him over into '02 and he also had "Right Now, Later On" and "Young'n" that were in rotation late '01 and early '02.

yea, fab worked the mainstream a lil better.

he was more natural with it.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
arguably? :skip: fab was bigger and it ain't even close. trick daddy wasn't bigger? :childplease: man yaw dudes are delusional as fukk. trick, joe, and fab went went plat, something jada has never done, yet somehow he was bigger? :why: man yaw nikka just say shyt just to say shyt. Every nikka i named was bigger except maybe coo coo cal, but "in my projects" was still bigger than any jada song though.:manny: petey and bubba only went gold and got more play and had bigger hits, even went gold faster. this flop nikka, with his flop album, and his flop singles, was bigger because he got play on east coast streets though? :camby:fukk outta here.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
arguably? :skip: fab was bigger and it ain't even close. trick daddy wasn't bigger? :childplease: man yaw dudes are delusional as fukk. trick, joe, and fab went went plat, something jada has never done, yet somehow he was bigger? :why: man yaw nikka just say shyt just to say shyt. Every nikka i named was bigger except maybe coo coo cal, but "in my projects" was still bigger than any jada song though.:manny: petey and bubba only went gold and got more play and had bigger hits, even went gold faster. this flop nikka, with his flop album, and his flop singles, was bigger because he got play on east coast streets though? :camby:fukk outta here.

I'm going by the criteria in the OP.

The guys you listed (aside from Bubba and Petey) sold more, but do they fit the other criteria. Also Bubba and Petey were more so due to Timbaland's beats. Neither of them had legit follow ups, which is something that Jada had.

Fat Joe had a big year. Both of his singles had big names though. "We Thuggin'" had R. Kelly and "What's Love" had Ashanti. His success was all mainstream.

In regard to Fab, yeah you could put Fab over Jada that year.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I'm going by the criteria in the OP.

The guys you listed (aside from Bubba and Petey) sold more, but do they fit the other criteria. Also Bubba and Petey were more so due to Timbaland's beats. Neither of them had legit follow ups, which is something that Jada had.

Fat Joe had a big year. Both of his singles had big names though. "We Thuggin'" had R. Kelly and "What's Love" had Ashanti. His success was all mainstream.

In regard to Fab, yeah you could put Fab over Jada that year.
like i said earlier, in order for jada to meet any of those criterias he needs as asterisk.
all his shyt is *on the east coast
streets? eaet coast streets
impact? maybe he impacted the east coast because he had 0 impact on the west.
influence? maybe on the east coast.
reception? non-existent outside east coast.
respect? maybe on east coast.
no sales
no main stream
no accolades
flop singles

as for bubba and petey not having legit follow ups? :stopitslime: fukk outta here:camby: bubba dropped deliverance right after which is better than any jada album. the shyt flopped and he was on an 2001 jada level with that, but you don't see me begging he be on this shyt. petey dropped feel a leek and was still bigger than jada in his "real" big year of 04. yaw nikka's so outta touch.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like i said earlier, in order for jada to meet any of those criterias he needs as asterisk.
all his shyt is *on the east coast
streets? eaet coast streets
impact? maybe he impacted the east coast because he had 0 impact on the west.
influence? maybe on the east coast.
reception? non-existent outside east coast.
respect? maybe on east coast.
no sales
no main stream
no accolades
flop singles

as for bubba and petey not having legit follow ups? :stopitslime: fukk outta here:camby: bubba dropped deliverance right after which is better than any jada album. the shyt flopped and he was on an 2001 jada level with that, but you don't see me begging he be on this shyt. petey dropped feel a leek and was still bigger than jada in his "real" big year of 04. yaw nikka's so outta touch.

Jada had songs that were in rotation outside of the East Coast. He had respect outside of the East.

When I say Petey and Bubba didn't have follow-ups, I'm talking 2001. Nothing else from their respective 2001 albums made anywhere near the noise that "Raise Up" and "Ugly" did.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Jada had songs that were in rotation outside of the East Coast. He had respect outside of the East.

When I say Petey and Bubba didn't have follow-ups, I'm talking 2001. Nothing else from their respective 2001 albums made anywhere near the noise that "Raise Up" and "Ugly" did.
:damn:jada never made any noise period. jada had follow ups? :comeon: the nikka ain't even have a song on enough to even have the opportunity to do a follow up. his songs were not in rotation outside the east coast, he couldn't even crack the top 100. fukk outta here. show me some stats. the only arguments yaw can make is shyt you can't prove. this nikka flopped. all his singles flopped. his album flopped. he ain't even get radio play til he sold out with corny ass "why" and that other corny ass shyt with Mariah.

even if we were to include regional cats jada still wouldn't belong. you got nikkas like 90s kurupt who meets every criteria not on there but this bum nikka is. :camby:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:damn:jada never made any noise period. jada had follow ups? :comeon: the nikka ain't even have a song on enough to even have the opportunity to do a follow up. his songs were not in rotation outside the east coast, he couldn't even crack the top 100. fukk outta here. show me some stats. the only arguments yaw can make is shyt you can't prove. this nikka flopped. all his singles flopped. his album flopped. he ain't even get radio play til he sold out with corny ass "why" and that other corny ass shyt with Mariah.

even if we were to include regional cats jada still wouldn't belong. you got nikkas like 90s kurupt who meets every criteria not on there but this bum nikka is. :camby:

this is just downright bizarre posting.:picard:

petey Pablo, bubba sparxxx and f*ckin coo coo cal had years? but jadakiss didn't?:hhh:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Jadakiss didn't have any commercial smashes on par with "Ugly", "Raise Up", "I'm A Thug", "What's Love", "We Thuggin" or even "My Projects" in 2001. He wasn't selling as much as Fat Joe or Trick Daddy. His sales were on par with Bubba and Petey.

That said, Jadakiss still got airplay. I'm from The South and remember hearing "Knock Yourself Out" and "We Gon Make It". Kiss Tha Game Goodbye was an anticipated album. It was more so anticipated than any album from the above mentioned artists. Jada made a considerable amount of noise. Upon further review, I'd put Fab's 2001 over Jada's 2001, but Jada was a factor in 2001.

Down here, there was local artists and some of the bigger artists featuring Kiss on songs.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
this is just downright bizarre posting.:picard:

petey Pablo, bubba sparxxx and f*ckin coo coo cal had years? but jadakiss didn't?:hhh:
no i don't think they had years and that's the point. those were jadakiss' peers in 01.

you tryna make it seem like he was in having a ja, jay, dmx, luda type year when he was ruff ryders jv. his 2001 was a flop. it's too many nikkas who had better years that are not on here for him to be included.
:yeshrug:
Jadakiss didn't have any commercial smashes on par with "Ugly", "Raise Up", "I'm A Thug", "What's Love", "We Thuggin" or even "My Projects" in 2001. He wasn't selling as much as Fat Joe or Trick Daddy. His sales were on par with Bubba and Petey.

That said, Jadakiss still got airplay. I'm from The South and remember hearing "Knock Yourself Out" and "We Gon Make It". Kiss Tha Game Goodbye was an anticipated album. It was more so anticipated than any album from the above mentioned artists. Jada made a considerable amount of noise. Upon further review, I'd put Fab's 2001 over Jada's 2001, but Jada was a factor in 2001.

Down here, there was local artists and some of the bigger artists featuring Kiss on songs.
listened to LA radio religiously, never heard him. never heard people listening to him. you say his album was more anticipated than those, I'm saying none of those albums were anticipated at all. his 01 was decent at best, plenty of rappers done had that shyt, nowhere near a goat. :manny:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
once I saw nikkas like Chingy on this list over nikkas like Fabolous,Plies i knew this list wasnt for nikkas like me:martin:

and dude was right,Bustas 99 was definitley better than whatever year you got Meek in here at,by YOUR criteria.

you claim to be factoring in competetion level and respect.

in 99 Busta was getting respect from every level:wow:...nikkas respected the comedy aspect he was bringing to the table plus his style as an emcee,he got respect from critics,he had the singles with Gimme SOme More and Whats It Gonna Be with Janet Jackson:mindblown:....he was getting respect for what he was doing visually with his videos,and by the grammys....so accross all boards he had a great 99.

great years in the 90's pretty much gon always trump great years in the late 2000's:manny:?even if you was in 3rd or 4th place that year:wow:

and Nelly over Hammer,my bad i said i wasnt gon chime in:hubie:

dont use Plies as ammo against Wayne and then leave him out of the list for no damn Chingy:martin:

whats wrong with chingy being on the list? dude had a huge run with his debut. and we gonna act like he didn't have nelly & Ludacris in their feelings?

is '99 even the best year for busta? you actually liked that janet Jackson song?:heh:

I have nelly over hammer, cuz country grammar was a more respected LP than "please hammer don't hurt em", and as much hate as nelly got, it paled in comparison to the hate for hammer. in fairnesss, those are two completely different time periods. hip-hop's gatekeepers were on their job more in hammer's heyday. but yea, explain why you would put hammer over nelly, and I might change my stance.