THEE TOP 100 YEARS BY A RAP ARTIST, SOLO........TOP 5!!!! TOP 5!!!!!

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The order is just straight up terrible and too many who don't belong at all.

who doesn't beliong? you already said jada. who elese?

and give examples of how the order is terrible, please.

keep in mind, the criteria is in the OP. this isn't a TRL list. this is for the culture.:ahh:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
meek mill doesn't belong
jadakiss doesn't belong
silk the shocker doesn't belong
98 mystikal (should be replaced with 00 mystikal and moved up)
foxy should be lower
ja should be higher
jeezy way too high
Nicki too low
Eminem too low
Wayne too low

i got more but imma let you finish though so i can see your missing.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
meek mill doesn't belong
jadakiss doesn't belong
silk the shocker doesn't belong
98 mystikal (should be replaced with 00 mystikal and moved up)
foxy should be lower
ja should be higher
jeezy way too high
Nicki too low
Eminem too low
Wayne too low

i got more but imma let you finish though so i can see your missing.

the mystikal thing is the essence of this thread. '98 was his best year breh. sure, he sold more records in 2000 and had 2 smash hits. but outside of that, '98 mystial smokes '00 mystikal in every other category.

silkk the shocker had a huge '98 too. prolly the least amount of promotion, ive ever seen for a double-platinum single-disc album.

meek mill was the hottest rapper on the streets that year, and had the hits & enough sales for the mainstream.

we already went at it concerning jada.

foxy brown wasn't far off from lil kim. in fact, she was hotter than kim thru most of '96, leading up to that album.

jeezy was the last movement in hip-hop breh.

nicki is too pop, and prolly wouldn't have made the list if there was an actual competitive female scene that she had to deal with. she good where shes at.

wayne is another guy that benefited from a lack of competition, and competition is part of the criteria. he also benefited from rap being dumbed-down, and flooded the market. also hes seriously lacking in numerous other eras - particularly the respect factor. that's the highest I can put him.

jarule didn't have the streets.

Eminem didn't have black people in general.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
the mystikal thing is the essence of this thread. '98 was his best year breh. sure, he sold more records in 2000 and had 2 smash hits. but outside of that, '98 mystial smokes '00 mystikal in every other category.

silkk the shocker had a huge '98 too. prolly the least amount of promotion, ive ever seen for a double-platinum single-disc album.

meek mill was the hottest rapper on the streets that year, and had the hits & enough sales for the mainstream.

we already went at it concerning jada.

foxy brown wasn't far off from lil kim. in fact, she was hotter than kim thru most of '96, leading up to that album.

jeezy was the last movement in hip-hop breh.

nicki is too pop, and prolly wouldn't have made the list if there was an actual competitive female scene that she had to deal with. she good where shes at.

wayne is another guy that benefited from a lack of competition, and competition is part of the criteria. he also benefited from rap being dumbed-down, and flooded the market. also hes seriously lacking in numerous other eras - particularly the respect factor. that's the highest I can put him.

jarule didn't have the streets.

Eminem didn't have black people in general.
the mystikal thing i was staying away from until you put chingy on there. i was originally gonna complain about chingy not being there but stayed away from it for that simple reason. you opened up a can of worms by putting him in there

sillk i try to stay away from talking about shyt I'm too young for, but i was old enough. i genuinely don't remember him being big though. see he has back to back plat plaques in 98 and 99 though.:hubie:

i gotta wait till you finish but i know you not having Gucci top 10. there's no way nikkas like meek should be on this and 09 Gucci not. 2010 waka >>>>> meek. it's too many nikkas who did what meek did that ain't on here. at no point in his career has meek been bigger than 97 busta.:comeon:

jeezy had a movement but that doesn't amount to best year ever. no way is he above ti, em, wayne, etc. and naw movement Wayne was bigger. jeezy came out ghost than Wayne was but Wayne padded him up. no way is that nikka top 15.

that Wayne shyt is bs straight up. i hated Wayne, thought the nikka was trash, but he had respect. i would hate when my favorite rappers would give him props.

i feel like you pick and choose which criterias to go with certain artists.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
the mystikal thing i was staying away from until you put chingy on there. i was originally gonna complain about chingy not being there but stayed away from it for that simple reason. you opened up a can of worms by putting him in there

sillk i try to stay away from talking about shyt I'm too young for, but i was old enough. i genuinely don't remember him being big though. see he has back to back plat plaques in 98 and 99 though.:hubie:

i gotta wait till you finish but i know you not having Gucci top 10. there's no way nikkas like meek should be on this and 09 Gucci not. 2010 waka >>>>> meek. it's too many nikkas who did what meek did that ain't on here. at no point in his career has meek been bigger than 97 busta.:comeon:

jeezy had a movement but that doesn't amount to best year ever. no way is he above ti, em, wayne, etc. and naw movement Wayne was bigger. jeezy came out ghost than Wayne was but Wayne padded him up. no way is that nikka top 15.

that Wayne shyt is bs straight up. i hated Wayne, thought the nikka was trash, but he had respect. i would hate when my favorite rappers would give him props.

i feel like you pick and choose which criterias to go with certain artists.

nah. I take the criteria into full account for each artist. some rappers on the list for different reasons, but when theyre lacking in certain areas, it shows in their ranking. hence, vanilla ice making the list but ranked at like #45.

good point on mystical/chingy. that may be because I'm the opposite of bias. I'm toughest on the rappers I ride for. mystical in the '90s, particularly his 1st 2 albums, is one of my favorite rappers ever.
but would you say that 03 chingy was bigger than mystical.

silk was double-plat in '98, was apart of a lot of hits inside & outside of the no limit camp, and was a heartthrob rapper on top of all that.

you just contradicted yourself. how you gonna try to get jada off the list, but turn around & vouch for Gucci mane?:gucci:

Gucci & waka's albums both bricked. also, meek mill was bigger down south, than they were on the east, especially waka flocka - who I didn't even consider for this list.

busta rhymes really just on the list for singles & being an entertainer. he never had a year like meek, and that's after taken the difference of competition into consideration.

jeezy is everything that TIP wanted to be. and I already spoke my piece on wayne and Eminem.

the idea of wayne being some kinda king, was mostly respected by kids breh. and he aint no young rapper neither. so that excuse is out the window. that nicca older than me. I remember plies outdrew a prime wayne show the same night in new Orleans. and plies is a guy who aint even in the running for this list. @StillNotSoft aint even come in here vouching for him........at least not yet.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah. I take the criteria into full account for each artist. some rappers on the list for different reasons, but when theyre lacking in certain areas, it shows in their ranking. hence, vanilla ice making the list but ranked at like #45.

good point on mystical/chingy. that may be because I'm the opposite of bias. I'm toughest on the rappers I ride for. mystical in the '90s, particularly his 1st 2 albums, is one of my favorite rappers ever.

silk was double-plat in '98, was apart of a lot of hits inside & outside of the no limit camp, and was a heartthrob rapper on top of all that.

you just contradicted yourself. how you gonna try to get jada off the list, but turn around & vouch for Gucci mane?:gucci:

Gucci & waka's albums both bricked. also, meek mill was bigger down south, than they were on the east, especially waka flocka - who I didn't even consider for this list.

busta rhymes really just on the list for singles & being an entertainer. he never had a year like meek, and that's after taken the difference of competition into consideration.

jeezy is everything that TIP wanted to be. and I already spoke my piece on wayne and Eminem.

the idea of wayne being some kinda king, was mostly respected by kids breh. and he aint no young rapper neither. so that excuse is out the window. that nicca older than me. I remember plies outdrew a prime wayne show the same night in new Orleans. and plies is a guy who aint even in the running for this list. @StillNotSoft aint even come in here vouching for him........at least not yet.

once I saw nikkas like Chingy on this list over nikkas like Fabolous,Plies i knew this list wasnt for nikkas like me:martin:

and dude was right,Bustas 99 was definitley better than whatever year you got Meek in here at,by YOUR criteria.

you claim to be factoring in competetion level and respect.

in 99 Busta was getting respect from every level:wow:...nikkas respected the comedy aspect he was bringing to the table plus his style as an emcee,he got respect from critics,he had the singles with Gimme SOme More and Whats It Gonna Be with Janet Jackson:mindblown:....he was getting respect for what he was doing visually with his videos,and by the grammys....so accross all boards he had a great 99.

great years in the 90's pretty much gon always trump great years in the late 2000's:manny:?even if you was in 3rd or 4th place that year:wow:

and Nelly over Hammer,my bad i said i wasnt gon chime in:hubie:

dont use Plies as ammo against Wayne and then leave him out of the list for no damn Chingy:martin:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Silkk was not double platinum at no point in his career. Snoop and P were the only double and multi plat artists on the label.

Jeezy never had a year like T.I.'s 2006. All of Jeezy's biggest songs have features. Meanwhile "What You Know" is bigger than any song Jeezy ever had. T.I. is everythong Jeezy wanted to be. He went feom soundong like Troy and Trick Daddy to T.I. for dummies.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Silkk was not double platinum at no point in his career. Snoop and P were the only double and multi plat artists on the label.

Jeezy never had a year like T.I.'s 2006. All of Jeezy's biggest songs have features. Meanwhile "What You Know" is bigger than any song Jeezy ever had. T.I. is everythong Jeezy wanted to be. He went feom soundong like Troy and Trick Daddy to T.I. for dummies.
TI had respect from East Coast heads , was getting roles for movies , had bytches loving him and was respected by legends but he wanted to be Jeezy:russ:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

i reached with waka but naw 09 Gucci definitely belongs in there, 01 jada don't even compare. Gucci album flopped because he went to jail, but he had classic mixtapes, all his singles were buzzing, he had the streets, he had the radio, he had the guest features, etc. jada don't even compare.

off top of my head 01 rappers who had better year than jada:

fabolous (if you wanted a regional east coaster this shoulda been your guy, he was actually big in 01)
trick daddy
fat Joe
petey pablo
bubba sparxxx

jada wasn't even coo coo cal level. i literally didn't know jada was suppssed to be a big deal until this forum.
:manny:

i would say 03 chingy bigger than 98 mystikal but not 00/01.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i reached with waka but naw 09 Gucci definitely belongs in there, 01 jada don't even compare. Gucci album flopped because he went to jail, but he had classic mixtapes, all his singles were buzzing, he had the streets, he had the radio, he had the guest features, etc. jada don't even compare.

off top of my head 01 rappers who had better year than jada:

fabolous (if you wanted a regional east coaster this shoulda been your guy, he was actually big in 01)
trick daddy
fat Joe
petey pablo
bubba sparxxx

jada wasn't even coo coo cal level. i literally didn't know jada was suppssed to be a big deal until this forum.
:manny:

i would say 03 chingy bigger than 98 mystikal but not 00/01.

youre clearly not getting the mystikal 98 vs mystikal '00 thing. mystikal '98 was one of the peoples' champion, a top 5 favorite during that timespan, withput a push.

Gucci going to jail should've boosted his sales breh. you cant crack the top 50 with a flopped album. especially with all he had going at the time.

whatever you have against jada is funny.
fat joe & fabolous would prolly tell you to fallback.
lol @ petey Pablo & bubba sparxxx.

Last edited: