The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meh.... Focus on mainland Europe. Xbox will never succeed in Japan and I doubt many Xbox consumers care about Japanese games(even if they claim they do).
I am saying fukk Japan they don’t support America companies like that anyway unless it’s Apple. It doesn’t matter what Microsoft does over there it will still be second to their homebrew company Sony. Microsoft should ignored the it in general

Better to attempt and get that image/branding on point which can spread everywhere than to just be like "ehh fukk it we good".

Perception/brand image is very important. Just simply being that console that "doesn't have much japanese games" can cost a sale from people in America/Europe.

Mindshare=domination. They don't have to beat Sony/Nintendo but they can improve in that area. It's not like consoles are selling like crazy in Japan anyway.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Meh.... Focus on mainland Europe. Xbox will never succeed in Japan and I doubt many Xbox consumers care about Japanese games(even if they claim they do).

The only Japanese game that I care about that we don’t have yet is ffxiv, but that’s the mmo in me talking :yeshrug:

I couldn’t care less about anything else if I’m being honest :francis:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Better to attempt and get that image/branding on point which can spread everywhere than to just be like "ehh fukk it we good".

Perception/brand image is very important. Just simply being that console that "doesn't have much japanese games" can cost a sale from people in America/Europe.

Mindshare=domination. They don't have to beat Sony/Nintendo but they can improve in that area. It's not like consoles are selling like crazy in Japan anyway.
Point is that the Xbox tried many times in Japan to no avail. A better alternative would be Phil just getting Japanese devs to port third party Japanese games to the Series X and also providing xcloud there since Japanese people love mobile gaming. Other than that its really a waste of time especially when the Japanese console market has been declining.
Japanese console game market shrinks to nearly one-third its size ten years ago

As for your second point that didn't hurt the Xbox brand much in America/Europe. In fact it was irrelevant. In Europe sure the PS3 beat the 360 but the 360 was close behind. Sure European gamers may like Japanese games but.... European/American tastes in games usually corresponds. Microsoft would be better off making a game like Control and acquiring a European developer like the Medium than acquiring a Japanese dev. Xbox tried courting Japanese gamers with IPs like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon but it didn't work. And they already seem t be focusing on mainland Europe.

As for your third point? Again, all they need to do is port more third party Japanese games like Yakuza to the Xbox and implement Xcloud in Japan and keep it moving.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Yea the ship has sailed on japan wanting xbox, they don't want it, forget about them. That doesn't mean I think they shouldn't still get japanese made games tho...there is a clear audience of overseas players who like japanese anime centric games so no need to ignore the genre in the west.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The last time I fukked with Xbox was when I had my 360 slim.

Is Halo and GoW their only games they bank on?

Serious question.
No

Serious answer
4K 60fps Forza Horizon 4?!

tenor.gif
More like 4k/120fps :yes: (

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I usually dont get consoles at launch, only time i did was the 360. But if they do a Halo Infinite edition i just might have to:sadcam:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps