The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I can't wait to see what Obsidian's main team have been cooking up. Only their small ass team which is 15-20 people have been working on Grounded. And another small team has been working on Outer Worlds or TOW DLC. But their main team has been working on a new AAA RPG that's said to be Skyrim like. :whew: And its been in development before the acquisition. So we'll see.

What is crazy is that in a short time, they have put together a roster with potential for great RPGs. Fable at Playground, inXile with the Wasteland series, Obsidian as well.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
What is crazy is that in a short time, they have put together a roster with potential for great RPGs. Fable at Playground, inXile with the Wasteland series, Obsidian as well.
These nikkas who keep talking shyt about Xbox's first party devs that copped and saying Xbox has no games for next gen(like one poster here) clearly have NOT been paying attention to what these studios have been working on. I have said time and time again that Obsidian was Xbox's best purchase. Obsidian has been working on this RPG for two years. And now they are already stacked up with devs since then. Chris Parker is leading this team.

People who said these studios would just be making AA games for gamepass gotta eat their words. I remember I and many others assumed this when Ninja Theory revealed Bleeding Edge(:gag:). I was like yea fukk that. But then we seen Hellblade 2 and then Project Mara and thats when I got what it was all about. These studios will have small teams making AA games like Grounded and Bleeding Edge for gamepass while their main team makes big AAA games. Makes sense and its smart. Playground's second team(working on rumored Fable) is huge af now.

Compulsion games has been growing a lot too. By the third year of next gen we should see the outcome. But July hopefully we should see what many of them been working on. I hope we see Obsidian's rumored game and Fable. Playground announced they been working on an RPG since 2016....

Obsidian and Playground are my top two devs for Xbox Game Studios. People forget Obsidian made Knight of the Old Republic 2 and Fallout New Vegas(in my top 10 RPG games).

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I own every game you mentioned and for shyts and giggles, also showing that I have the last motorstorm released on PS3. I've played these games extensive. Driveclub is so nice, had to cop it twice.

20200518-134731.jpg

To answer your question

tenor.gif

Look at what is supposed to be realtime terraforming of the ground. That is also ray-tracing level lighting there. Those aren't SpeedTree trees in that video, that is unique foilage. There isn't a CPU created that can handle the calculations and such to push this at at least 30fps. Get away from the resolution difference and pay attention to everything else. No game is doing all that currently.
Nah I think Uncharted looks pretty close. I'm not comparing the physics though if that's what you're looking at mostly. I don't think fake visuals are necessary anymore and were mostly a thing from the 7th gen.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The last sentence was directed at Compulsion games because We Happy Few sucked.

My understanding is that by the time they fixed all the glitches with we happy few, no one gave a fukk because it already was critically panned and thrown in the grave by that point.

Idk because i never played it tho