Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Only in the coli that I hear that...:francis:

There are indeed xbox gamers out there outside of the USA... :unimpressed:
Hear it online too but either way(and I know you and others gonna disagree) but Microsoft needs to bush Japan. Its done. The Japanese ain't ever fukking with the Xbox. That energy should be focused on mainland Europe, Mexico and Brasil. Mainland Europe has a lot of potential and there seems to be an Xbox community there but MS has neglected them time and time again. Also Mexico and Brasil also has potential.

But yea focus marketing in mainland Europe instead of Japan.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Cold world brehs, that demo runs better on a laptop already on the market.

One of the most telling comments in that comment thread was, in sum and substance, "What the UE5 Demo highlighted; it that everything using the software can be easily ported between platforms."

Now, assuming that is correct, it's kind of bullshyt for brehs to have hyped the tech demo as somehow Sony showing next gen in the way people were looking for.

But, alas, that type of shyt is going to be part for the course in this new era of console wars for all sides.:yeshrug:

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
One of the most telling comments in that comment thread was, in sum and substance, "What the UE5 Demo highlighted; it that everything using the software can be easily ported between platforms."

Now, assuming that is correct, it's kind of bullshyt for brehs to have hyped the tech demo as somehow Sony showing next gen in the way people were looking for.

But, alas, that type of shyt is going to be part for the course in this new era of console wars for all sides.:yeshrug:

One thing that still gets under my skin is the willfulness to use deception in showing off games. Microsoft and Sony has done this, from graphics to features. Halo 3 being 640P and Bungie was denying the fukk out of it. Originally showing Spiral Mountain for Banjo and then we get Nuts and Bolts. Don't get me wrong, I like that game a lot but we were originally promised Banjo-Kazooie 3. Microsoft and the Cloud during the XB1/PS4 generation though it does now look like the promise of it is going to take off now. Sony does their stuff usually by way of trailers. I still go back to certain trailers just to look at the bullshyt people gobble up.

This trailer was produced for the world to view in 2005. It's been 13 years. Look at it and in some ways, save for the resolution differences, compared it to the UE5 presentation, the image quality of this video is still amazing and some parts still have not been exceeded by real games. The kicker is, I remember all the talks on message boards around the world. How this video was argued over was that this was the power of the CELL and that it was real time. Microsoft is going to catch hell showing Senua if the final product does not look like it did in December 2019.

Rant off.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One thing that still gets under my skin is the willfulness to use deception in showing off games. Microsoft and Sony has done this, from graphics to features. Halo 3 being 640P and Bungie was denying the fukk out of it. Originally showing Spiral Mountain for Banjo and then we get Nuts and Bolts. Don't get me wrong, I like that game a lot but we were originally promised Banjo-Kazooie 3. Microsoft and the Cloud during the XB1/PS4 generation though it does now look like the promise of it is going to take off now. Sony does their stuff usually by way of trailers. I still go back to certain trailers just to look at the bullshyt people gobble up.

This trailer was produced for the world to view in 2005. It's been 13 years. Look at it and in some ways, save for the resolution differences, compared it to the UE5 presentation, the image quality of this video is still amazing and some parts still have not been exceeded by real games. The kicker is, I remember all the talks on message boards around the world. How this video was argued over was that this was the power of the CELL and that it was real time. Microsoft is going to catch hell showing Senua if the final product does not look like it did in December 2019.

Rant off.
Disagree heavily with the bolded.
Nah, that trailer is NOT on par with most games this gen you bugging lol.

Driveclub, Forza Horizon 4, Uncharted 4 etc look way better in game. I feel like people are remembering games in their minds and comparing it and saying these trailers look better. This gen I felt like MOST games looked better or the same as their reveal trailer. The downgrade vocal crowd always showed up every time a game showed a trailer that looked "different" but once retail hit was the same. I remember cats did this with Spider-man claiming the graphics were downgraded because of some puddles of water and to make matters worse some people REALLY believed that.

Come on u think that trailer looks better than this?

aSLRRpC.gif

HorribleBadGosling-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn forgot all about motorsport. Not even the PS4 would be able to handle what was shown in that trailer.:laff:
Looks like a mix of CG/engine and some of the in engine clips are easily inferior to real time games out now. The close cuts and camera angles show shyt that look impressive but pop in UC4 or Forza and you'll see those games look way better.

Also, people still hold onto that Killzone 2 trailer claiming it still looks better than games now?

Like seriously, people think that ^^^ looks better than FPS games out today? LOL.

This generation most games surpassed their reveal trailer. People still latch onto last gen's smoke screen trailers and claim it's still going on. The ONE game I know someone will bring up is Uncharted 4's 60fps trailer. The first teaser was shown in 60fps but then ND said they couldn't get it consistently so they downgraded it slightly. Other games though all hit their visuals. Plus difference this time is if they show games and they say they are running "in game" then that's a sure fire sign they can't really lie.

A B O V E

"Je Suis Nigeria"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Empowerment
PS5 crushed the buildings with that demo :wow:

Sony got they foot on Microsoft neck right now :picard:

I might have to cop the PS5 over the Series X this gen :wow:

A B O V E

"Je Suis Nigeria"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Empowerment
I wish the Series X had better exclusives :mjcry:

Sony got TLOU, Bloodborne, GOW, etc. While we over here waiting for Call of the Sea :mjcry:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I own every game you mentioned and for shyts and giggles, also showing that I have the last motorstorm released on PS3. I've played these games extensive. Driveclub is so nice, had to cop it twice.

20200518-134731.jpg

To answer your question

tenor.gif

Look at what is supposed to be realtime terraforming of the ground. That is also ray-tracing level lighting there. Those aren't SpeedTree trees in that video, that is unique foilage. There isn't a CPU created that can handle the calculations and such to push this at at least 30fps. Get away from the resolution difference and pay attention to everything else. No game is doing all that currently.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I can't wait to see what Obsidian's main team have been cooking up. Only their small ass team which is 15-20 people have been working on Grounded. And another small team has been working on Outer Worlds or TOW DLC. But their main team has been working on a new AAA RPG that's said to be Skyrim like. :whew: And its been in development before the acquisition. So we'll see.