The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
Media likes to sensationalize, so you always gotta take that with a grain of salt. I'd just argue that most of the posts you see praising/trashing are from some sort of fanboy or somebody with way too much time on their hands. Disappointed in the initial showing, sure, but I don't think the average person is getting all that upset.

I agree in some ways and disagree in others.
Perception is important, and unfortunately the casual looks to the core for confirmation in certain aspects.

Epic just showed us a beautiful real-time tech demo for an engine that everyone will soon be using, and fanboys and the media have turned it into Sony’s own personal unveiling.
The video game media doesn’t run on facts, it runs on hype and how people feel. Sony understands this very well.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I agree in some ways and disagree in others.
Perception is important, and unfortunately the casual looks to the core for confirmation in certain aspects.

Epic just showed us a beautiful real-time tech demo for an engine that everyone will soon be using, and fanboys and the media have turned it into Sony’s own personal unveiling.
The video game media doesn’t run on facts, it runs on hype and how people feel. Sony understands this very well.
It's not that deep. Fanboys will spin it to win it, nothing more. And since Sony won the majority, that's who is the loudest. That's why the xbox 3rd party reveal was considered bad while a tech demo is considered good. Once the real games and the side by side comparisons go down, these games stop

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
It's not that deep. Fanboys will spin it to win it, nothing more. And since Sony won the majority, that's who is the loudest. That's why the xbox 3rd party reveal was considered bad while a tech demo is considered good. Once the real games and the side by side comparisons go down, these games stop

I think it is, breh.
Fanboys are gonna back their box of course, but social media can create a narrative that can be hard to shake.

And no the games do not stop, you had all of this generation to see that.
In the beginning it was about power, when the tables turned it became about games(Which it should’ve always been), the cycle will continue, and Microsoft hasn’t seemed to have caught on.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If this Perfect Dark was made by Rare then yea we'd expect cartoony like art style but this studio is headed by Darrel Gallagher who made Rise of the Tomb Raider. I expect serious cyberpunk(genre not the game) type of art style. Very colorful but serious. Something like this.
tumblr_p8dexb4P1y1r4u25do1_400.gifv
Perfect Dark was my go to shooter before Halo 1 dropped. Id love to see the series make a comeback. Zero was:francis:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I’m not a hardware expert so correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this similar to what the PS5 is doing? Basically being able to use the space on the SSD to provide extra RAM performance?
Something like that. The PS5's SSD will still be faster than the Series X and I believe load times and what not will be faster. But overall RAM performance is most important imo. And I believe the Series X has more RAM. Someone correct me. Anyways, I that person who posted that video of DF is misinterpreting what he is saying. I don't believe they can stream 100gbs. So take that video I posted with a grain of salt. Someone here corrected me. And HB2 is not streamed with 100gbs.

Anyways I'd go by what MS themselves said than that tweet I posted.
So, what does Xbox Velocity Architecture ultimately mean for you and your games? Microsoft has already discussed the expected impact on open-world games, with their large environments and variables primed for those processing gains.

"The CPU is the brain of our new console, and the GPU is the heart, but the Xbox Velocity Architecture is the soul," stated Andrew Goossen, Technical Fellow on Xbox Series X at Microsoft via Xbox Wire. "The Xbox Velocity Architecture is about so much more than fast last times. It's one of the most innovative parts of our new console. It's about revolutionizing how games can create vastly bigger, more compelling worlds."

Microsoft provides examples of games in those categories, including Final Fantasy XV, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and Red Dead Redemption 2. Such titles were notorious for lengthy initial loading screens, sometimes taking minutes to get started. And for games that mask loading by slowing players, whether elevators or hallways, Xbox Series X may provide additional creative freedom to avoid those limitations.
Xbox Series X Velocity Architecture explained

Again I just don't wanna misinform people.

@Fatboi1 @iceberg_is_on_fire

Perfect Dark was my go to shooter before Halo 1 dropped. Id love to see the series make a comeback. Zero was:francis:
Well you're in luck.

And if you liked Rise of the Tomb Raider, the head dev of that game is the person who is working on the possible PD game.

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Something like that. The PS5's SSD will still be faster than the Series X and I believe load times and what not will be faster. But overall RAM performance is most important imo. And I believe the Series X has more RAM. Someone correct me. Anyways, I that person who posted that video of DF is misinterpreting what he is saying. I don't believe they can stream 100gbs. So take that video I posted with a grain of salt. Someone here corrected me. And HB2 is not streamed with 100gbs.

Cyberpunk 2077 has a vehicle inspired by Mad Max: Fury Road

Well you're in luck.

What Velocity Architecture does is beforehand, you'd have to move all of a texture into ram even though you only one a portion of it. Now, you can pinpoint the specific portion of the texture and only move that. Now you can simply find the needle in the haystack every single time. Previously, you had to take the entire haystack into ram. There is more programming in the pipeline needed for Microsoft's solution but the end result should still be the same.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Cyberpunk 2077 has a vehicle inspired by Mad Max: Fury Road

Well you're in luck.

And if you liked Rise of the Tomb Raider, the head dev of that game is the person who is working on the possible PD game.

I liked the whole Trilogy. It looked good and it was fun. Better than the originals. Lara def an idiot tho, all she had to do was not mess with ancient temples n shyt. She the real villin of Tomb Raider:ohhh: