The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jaguar was new and mid range for what it was when it released.

The CPUs in the next gen consoles are not “high end” compared to what’s available now. They are closer to mid level same as last gen.
Nah. Anybody would tell you they were weak in 2013. I wish Liquid was here right now :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Going all out for a high end gaming PC would alienate console hardware even if they scale it down. I'm talking about making a game from the ground up designed AROUND high end PC gaming hardware. We don't see those type of games hardly since Crysis and the first two Witcher games. I'm talking not just talking resolutions, shadows, lighting or frame rates but A.i, physics, loading speeds, game world size, number of NPCs, etc. Do you think console hardware will be able to handle that even if scaled down?
:dahell: Witcher 2 was ported to 360.

A lay person would've known what I was trying to say.

GTA 5 was built around PS3/360 hardware.
No it wasn’t.

Fact is these games are built around base consoles because base consoles have the larger install base.
No that’s not a fact. You are incredibly incorrect here.

I bet $100 that a RDR 2 built around a high gaming rig with a 2080 Ti/i9 9900k would be MORE ADVANCED than the RDR 2 we have now on PC. You keep talking about resolutions and frame rates which is EASY to scale up and down.... I'm talking about more than just that. The fact that RDR 2 can play on base PS4/X1 shows that it was developed with consoles in mind.
You’d lose your money.

Put it this way. If RDR2 was being “held back” by consoles then it wouldn’t be a once in a generation quality game.

Games are a product of dev ambition, resources period. They port to whatever hardware makes sense.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

No it wasn’t.

You’d lose your money.

Put it this way. If RDR2 was being “held back” by consoles then it wouldn’t be a once in a generation quality game.

Games are a product of dev ambition, resources period. They port to whatever hardware makes sense.
So where's the RDR2 mobile phone port? :mjlol:

Consoles are a big market so they design it for that. Saying the computer they develop the game on is more powerful than the console therefore that proves the console isn't what they design it around is a really faulty take. Rockstar is literally a money machine. Imagine if other devs were as big as they are. You'd see more games of that scale.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Keyword PORTED.

No it wasn’t.
If how was the PS3/360 even able to play it?

So consoles don't have a larger install base for triple A games?:heh: Yea games are developed on a PC but again centered around console hardware.

You’d lose your money.

"Once in a generation quality game" is such a intangible statement. Point is Rockstar had consoles in mind. Which is why it came out on consoles FIRST and PCs later. Sure...... They developed it computers and using computers to make the game the best it can but there were LIMITATIONS because consoles(even you agreed) are the benchmarks of the video game industry. 4k and frame rates are easy to port/scale. Now game world size? Number of NPCs? A.i? Number of interiors? Come on breh no need to go back and forth.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah. Anybody would tell you they were weak in 2013. I wish Liquid was here right now :mjlol:
It was an oft repeated but misguided narrative just because those chips were also used in mobile devices/laptops. But that didn’t make them weak and outdated. They were literally the new technology the year they came out.

Check this list right now
Best Processors - May 2020

Series X CPU supposed to be close to a Ryzen 7 3700

Not even top 20 on the list. Will be even further down the list by the time the consoles release.

Like I said. Y’all just run with these forum narratives and don’t really know what the hell you are talking about.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If it made sense economically for them it would exist :manny:
Consoles are a big market so they design it for that. Saying the computer they develop the game on is more powerful than the console therefore that proves the console isn't what they design it around is a really faulty take. Rockstar is literally a money machine. Imagine if other devs were as big as they are. You'd see more games of that scale.
So devs are held back by resources not hardware right? No?:patrice:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Man.... Here I was going back and forth and you said better than I did. Dude is playing semantics with this "games are developed on PCs and then ported."

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Keyword PORTED.
So games made to take advantage of High end hardware can and do get ported to consoles

If how was the PS3/360 even able to play it?
it was ported to them just like Witcher 2

So consoles don't have a larger install base for triple A games?:heh: Yea games are developed on a PC but again centered around console hardware.
That’s a sales chart.

Sales and install base are two different things.

"Once in a generation quality game" is such a intangible statement. Point is Rockstar had consoles in mind. Which is why it came out on consoles FIRST and PCs later. Sure...... They developed it computers and using computers to make the game the best it can but there were LIMITATIONS because consoles(even you agreed) are the benchmarks of the video game industry. 4k and frame rates are easy to port/scale. Now game world size? Number of NPCs? A.i? Number of interiors? Come on breh no need to go back and forth.
All of that can and is scaled to a wide range of hardware. And is product of dev resources not console hardware.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
So games made to take advantage of High end hardware can and do get ported to consoles

it was ported to them just like Witcher 2
Now show me RDR 2 being ported to Nintendo Switch. Or GTA 5 being ported to the Wii U. I'll wait.

That’s a sales chart.

Sales and install base are two different things.
I know but it gives us hints because the PC install base is NOT monolithic. Not only do many not have high end rigs but some just play those facebook games.

All of that can and is scaled to a wide range of hardware. And is product of dev resources not console hardware.
Then why we not seeing RDR 2 on Nintendo Switch? Why has most triple A games avoided the Switch? Have haven't we seen Battlefield 5 on mobile devices?:heh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Now show me RDR 2 being ported to Nintendo Switch. Or GTA 5 being ported to the Wii U. I'll wait.
Again if the devs wanted them there they would be.

Witcher 3 and Doom are on switch. Two games that look phenomenal and take higher end hardware to its knees can still be ported down to switch which is barely a step above 360.

I know but it gives us hints because the PC install base is NOT monolithic. Not only do many not have high end rigs but some just play those facebook games.
PC install base is not smaller than console. Certain games have different sales trends

Then why we not seeing RDR 2 on Nintendo Switch? Why has most triple A games avoided the Switch? Have haven't we seen Battlefield 5 on mobile devices?:heh:
Cause they don’t feel it’s worth it.

Y’all said the current gen CPUs were just outdated mobile chips anyway right?