The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes it can run on extremely low settings on weak hardware. If the devs wanted to spend time to optimize they could get it running.

“next gen” “last gen” means nothing. Games scale a wide range of hardware.

Games are more limited by dev ambition and resources than console hardware.
Did you not watch the video? That doesn't even look like the same game anymore. It literally looked like a broken PS2 game.

A game being scaled to play on old systems is compromised from the get go because things have to work with it. You not about to have a game that was made around hardware like an SSD and 10TF of RDNA2 being easily scaled down to something like a Switch. You can't scale something like Star Citizen or RDR2 to the Switch. Just the size of the game is a problem.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You mean like how RDR 2 was ported to PC? Either way they make the games with consoles in mind... lol Which is why PC gamers constantly complain about "consoles holding gaming back."
It was still built on much stronger hardware than what’s in consoles then ported down. That’s why they have all the high quality assets to begin with. Releasing on console first is more a business decision for rockstar than anything else.

And PC gamers complaining about consoles holding them back are wrong too.

So PS3 and PS4 weren't two different hardwares? RDR 4 on PS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GTA 5 on PS3. Meanwhile the gap between PS4 and PS5 is gonna be bigger for example. What sense is there NOT to make?
Games are not developed on “two different hardwares” That sentence doesn’t make sense.

With consoles IN MIND.... Show me a game taking full advantage of a 2080ti. I'll wait.
:dahell: I already posted the RDR2 benchmarks.

Including old hardware along with new hardware which makes developing stressful?
No. Its what they’ve been doing for ~20 years. Consoles being PCs in a small box helps that.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
No, plenty of games were 30fps because of the crappy jagaur netbook like CPU. Zen 2 CPUs in 2020 is modern, Jaguar CPU in 2013 was OUTDATED. Big difference
I have no issues with dude but he juelzing OD when he doesn't need to. The Jaguar CPU was KNOWN for being outdated.:heh: In fact this entire gen seemed to have focused mostly on resolutions.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Did you not watch the video? That doesn't even look like the same game anymore. It literally looked like a broken PS2 game.

A game being scaled to play on old systems is compromised from the get go because things have to work with it. You not about to have a game that was made around hardware like an SSD and 10TF of RDNA2 being easily scaled down to something like a Switch. You can't scale something like Star Citizen or RDR2 to the Switch.
According to the devs themselves Game and Launcher Requirements

Console level hardware is sufficient.

Only problem is the game isn’t optimized for HDD at all. If the devs took the time to do that like every other dev on earth then the game would run fine.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
It was still built on much stronger hardware than what’s in consoles then ported down. That’s why they have all the high quality assets to begin with. Releasing on console first is more a business decision for rockstar than anything else.

And PC gamers complaining about consoles holding them back are wrong too.
Okay they are developed on gaming PCs? And...? Once again they can't go all out on the game.

Games are not developed on “two different hardwares” That sentence doesn’t make sense.
You're missing the point and just getting technical.... When its not hard to understand. I'll use your words.... GTA 5 and RDR 2 were ported to TWO different console hardwares. RDR 2 on PS4(in console TERMS) was a HUGE LEAP from GTA 3 on PS3. Whats there not to understand? You're playing semantics right now.

:dahell: I already posted the RDR2 benchmarks.
Now did RDR 2 take full advantage of a high in gaming rig with a 2080ti graphics card? Because I DOUBT a base model Xbox One/PS4 would even be able to handle it.

No. Its what they’ve been doing for ~20 years. Consoles being PCs in a small box helps that.

I heard differently. But agree-disagree about this part because cross gen games don't bother me when X1/PS4 will be fazed out in a year or two.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
According to the devs themselves Game and Launcher Requirements

Console level hardware is sufficient.

Only problem is the game isn’t optimized for HDD at all. If the devs took the time to do that like every other dev on earth then the game would run fine.
the PS4 only has 8GB VRAM split between games and the OS.
SC requires 4GB VRAM and 16 GB RAM alone on top of an SSD. It's not going to run well on even a XB1X.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the PS4 only has 8GB VRAM split between games and the OS.
SC requires 4GB VRAM and 16 GB RAM alone on top of an SSD. It's not going to run well on even a XB1X.
Ram requirements on PC vs Console is not a good comparison.

RDR2 required more ram on PC than what’s available in consoles.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jaguar was new in 2013. And the “next gen” CPU compared to what was in the consoles before it.
When it came out it was low end hardware from 2012.

compared to Zen 2 being pretty high end CPUs for 2019. A 3700X is really good and will run fine for years compared to Jaguar. A FX6300 in 2013 ran Watch Dogs way better than PS4 which was locked at 30fps

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I have no issues with dude but he juelzing OD when he doesn't need to. The Jaguar CPU was KNOWN for being outdated.:heh: In fact this entire gen seemed to have focused mostly on resolutions.
And speaking of resolutions early in this gen everyone was chestbeating about 1080p when PC gamers were already playing on higher res and 4k was creeping around the corner.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Okay they are developed on gaming PCs? And...? Once again they can't go all out on the game.
They can, and they do. What gives you the impression they can’t go all out?

You're missing the point and just getting technical.... When its not hard to understand. I'll use your words.... GTA 5 and RDR 2 were ported to TWO different console hardwares. RDR 2 on PS4(in console TERMS) was a HUGE LEAP from GTA 3 on PS3. Whats there not to understand? You're playing semantics right now.
I mean the conversation is technical right?

They weren’t ported to two different console hardware. GTAV was ported to both.

It wasn’t the release of PS4 that made RDR2 look and play better. It was the 8 years rockstar had to improve their game development tools.

Now did RDR 2 take full advantage of a high in gaming rig with a 2080ti graphics card? Because I DOUBT a base model Xbox One/PS4 would even be able to handle it.
Yes it did. Again only the strongest hardware can handle the game at 4K 60fps.

I heard differently. But agree-disagree about this part because cross gen games don't bother me when X1/PS4 will be fazed out in a year or two.
:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When it came out it was low end hardware from 2012.

compared to Zen 2 being pretty high end CPUs for 2019. A 3700X is really good and will run fine for years compared to Jaguar. A FX6300 in 2013 ran Watch Dogs way better than PS4 which was locked at 30fps
Jaguar was new and mid range for what it was when it released.

The CPUs in the next gen consoles are not “high end” compared to what’s available now. They are closer to mid level same as last gen.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
They can, and they do. What gives you the impression they can’t go all out?
Going all out for a high end gaming PC would alienate console hardware even if they scale it down. I'm talking about making a game from the ground up designed AROUND high end PC gaming hardware. We don't see those type of games hardly since Crysis and the first two Witcher games. I'm talking not just talking resolutions, shadows, lighting or frame rates but A.i, physics, loading speeds, game world size, number of NPCs, etc. Do you think console hardware will be able to handle that even if scaled down?

I mean the conversation is technical right?

They weren’t ported to two different console hardware. GTAV was ported to both.
A lay person would've known what I was trying to say.

GTA 5 was built around PS3/360 hardware.

It wasn’t the release of PS4 that made RDR2 look and play better. It was the 8 years rockstar had to improve their game development tools.
Fact is these games are built around base consoles because base consoles have the larger install base.

Yes it did. Again only the strongest hardware can handle the game at 4K 60fps.

I bet $100 that a RDR 2 built around a high gaming rig with a 2080 Ti/i9 9900k would be MORE ADVANCED than the RDR 2 we have now on PC. You keep talking about resolutions and frame rates which is EASY to scale up and down.... I'm talking about more than just that. The fact that RDR 2 can play on base PS4/X1 shows that it was developed with consoles in mind.

A game like that would probably overheat a base model PS4 and make it explode.