The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, this ain’t 1995 the idea of “baseline” hardware and rigid generations is long gone.

Star citizen can run on console level hardware right now.

Games can be scaled over a large range of hardware.
:russ:

Lol this guy ran it on a HDD and it took SIX minutes to load.

On top of slow and constant stuttering on an HDD. We can't run it optimally on a current gen system because they're made with HDDs in mind. A game that requires a different piece of hardware invalidates it being able to run on consoles currently.

I'm shocked you're suddenly downplaying the Series X because of a few cross gen games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just look at something like Call of Duty Ghosts on PS4. Looked pretty weak. We never expected we'd get better but then Modern Warfare dropped a new engine and looked WAY better and even added a whole Battle Royale mode with a hundred players. If someone compared Modern Warfare 2 on PC running at max settings at the time saying don't expect much better we'd they'd be proven wrong by now.
:dahell: theres 10 years in between MW2 and MW 2019.

I never said don’t expect games 10 years from now to look better than RDR2. That’s nonsenses

I said don’t expect games coming out a year or 2 after RDR2 on a fraction of the budget to look better.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Based on what I read the base model Playstation 4 and Xbox One uses AMD Jaguar CPU which are just modified mobile gaming CPUs. Yea, games this gen looks prettier(i.e resolution, lightning, shadows, AA, and scale are better) but they sometimes feel the same from last gen. Meanwhile AI is mostly the same, physics the same, number of NPCs, etc, etc. Meanwhile the Xbox Series X CPU is using a monster. A fukking customized 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.8GHz. A REAL gaming CPU. I don't even have to get into GPUs. The Xbox One S for crying out loud only uses fukking 1.4 TF.............

Anyone saying we won't see some sort of leap and that it will be small is smoking crack. @Fatboi1 Now... Whether devs take full potential of the hardware is another story.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
its not on “two completely different hardwares”

Why the hell yall act like only consoles exist?:dahell:
Because those were fukkING build AROUND consoles whether we like it or not. If not fetch me some sources stating these games being mentioned were being around the PC I'll wait.

And yes, GTA 5 on PS3/360 and RDR 2 on PS4/X1 WERE TWO different hardwares.

Graphics tech gradually and consistently improves. It’s not tied to generations of console hardware. In ~7 years a game will outdo RDR2.
I already KNOW that! You keep missing the point. Whether its tied to consoles or not is MOOT! Because most BIG games are not build around PCs. Which you seem to be refusing to comprehend. Yes techs don't grow with consoles no duh? But in the gaming industry consoles are the BENCHMARK NOT gaming PCs. And as for the bolded again no duh? In fact it'll probably be less than that. And I don't know why you people keep hyping up RDR 2 when it was developed around dated hardware.

Excuse me, but I thought we started this exchange when you said nothing shown today looked better than last gen. Did I read that wrong?
You probably did. All I said was this Inside Xbox was lackluster because of no gameplay. In terms of graphics the only thing I said was that most were CROSS GEN and MOST shouldn't be used as TRUE representation of next gen.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Based on what I read the base model Playstation 4 and Xbox One uses AMD Jaguar CPU which are just modified mobile gaming CPUs. Yea, games this gen looks prettier(i.e resolution, lightning, shadows, AA, and scale are better) but they sometimes feel the same from last gen. Meanwhile AI is mostly the same, physics the same, number of NPCs, etc, etc. Meanwhile the Xbox Series X CPU is using a monster. A fukking customized 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.8GHz. A REAL gaming CPU. I don't even have to get into GPUs. The Xbox One S for crying out loud only uses fukking 1.4 TF.............

Anyone saying we won't see some sort of leap and that it will be small is smoking crack. @Fatboi1 Now... Whether devs take full potential of the hardware is another story.
Stop reading and repeating shyt from random forum posters :beli:

The CPUs in current gen were considered “laptop” CPUs for power consumption reasons only as they had to fit in a small box and conserve power. But they were easily a generation ahead of what was in PS360. Same as the CPUs going in Next gen consoles. They are stripped down versions of their PC counterparts because power is a concern on consoles where it is not on PCs.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Stop reading and repeating shyt from random forum posters :beli:

The CPUs in current gen were considered “laptop” CPUs for power consumption reasons only as they had to fit in a small box and conserve power. But they were easily a generation ahead of what was in PS360. Same as the CPUs going in Next gen consoles. They are stripped down versions of their PC counterparts because power is a concern on consoles where it is not on PCs.
Link?

Edit:

Oh and its not forum users saying this.
Xbox One X’s Relatively Weaker CPU Is “Biggest Shortcoming For Us”, Says LGM Dev
Xbox One X’s Relatively Weaker CPU Is “Biggest Shortcoming For Us”, Says LGM Dev

Of course gen 8 CPUs were more power than gen 8 but FACTS are they were outdated out the jump whether they were laptop CPUs or not.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because those were fukkING build AROUND consoles whether we like it or not. If not fetch me some sources stating these games being mentioned were being around the PC I'll wait.
No, they weren’t. Game Devs always use very powerful hardware to make the games then port down to consoles.

And yes, GTA 5 on PS3/360 and RDR 2 on PS4/X1 WERE TWO different hardwares.
This literally doesn’t make sense. I don’t even know what else to tell you :francis:

I already KNOW that! You keep missing the point. Whether its tied to consoles or not is MOOT! Because most BIG games are not build around PCs.
Yes they are. You clearly have no idea what you are taking about here.

You probably did. All I said was this Inside Xbox was lackluster because of no gameplay. In terms of graphics the only thing I said was that most were CROSS GEN and MOST shouldn't be used as TRUE representation of next gen.
And I said “cross gen” is nonsense as devs target all types of hardware regardless of what’s in a console box.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Link?

Edit:

Oh and its not forum users saying this.

Of course gen 8 CPUs were more power than gen 8 but FACTS are they were outdated out the jump whether they were laptop CPUs or not.
What fukking game did these people make???:mjlol:

Current gen CPUs were clearly a big step up above the previous gen, We see that in plenty of games.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
No, they weren’t. Game Devs always use very powerful hardware to make the games then port down to consoles.
You mean like how RDR 2 was ported to PC? Either way they make the games with consoles in mind... lol Which is why PC gamers constantly complain about "consoles holding gaming back."

This literally doesn’t make sense. I don’t even know what else to tell you :francis:
So PS3 and PS4 weren't two different hardwares? RDR 4 on PS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GTA 5 on PS3. Meanwhile the gap between PS4 and PS5 is gonna be bigger for example. What sense is there NOT to make?

Yes they are. You clearly have no idea what you are taking about here.
With consoles IN MIND.... Show me a game taking full advantage of a 2080ti. I'll wait.

And I said “cross gen” is nonsense as devs target all types of hardware regardless of what’s in a console box.

Including old hardware along with new hardware which makes developing stressful?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It can "run" in that it'll start up but it will be laggy and constantly stutter on top of having SIX MINUTE load times.

I mean you can "run"R on EXTREMELY low end PCs so RDR2 is really a last gen game

:troll:come on man be real lol

Yes it can run on extremely low settings on weak hardware. If the devs wanted to spend time to optimize they could get it running.

“next gen” “last gen” means nothing. Games scale a wide range of hardware.

Games are more limited by dev ambition and resources than console hardware.