The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
If we can get games like RDR2 and cyberpunk on next gen consoles at 4K 60fps that will be great.
Regardless of resolutions or performance we're gonna get open world games on next gen that are more advanced than those games. Better A.i, more interiors, more NPCs, faster load times, etc, etc.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Regardless of resolutions or performance we're gonna get open world games on next gen that are more advanced than those games. Better A.i, more interiors, more NPCs, faster load times, etc, etc.
Sure the pinnacle of next gen will exceed this gen. Didn’t argue otherwise.

Just putting into perspective the amount of power it takes to get something running and looking that good.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Sure the pinnacle of next gen will exceed this gen. Didn’t argue otherwise.

Just putting into perspective the amount of power it takes to get something running and looking that good.
That to me is much, much more important. And obviously big budgeted games like RDR 2 are gonna put a strain on hardware. But look at what RDR 2 accomplished on base model consoles. Look at what GTA 5 accomplished on the 360/PS3 yet... Looks dated compared to RDR 2. And Gen 8 wasn't even a big leap mathematically compared to this upcoming next gen again, mathematically.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Games like RDR2 have insanely high budget. My point is equal budget/developer experience and time to make a game on the scale of RDR 2 while surpassing it visually shouldn't be a huge feat since we'll be using better hardware.
We aren’t using better hardware. We are using hardware that is almost as good as the best on offer right now.

Are y'all seriously that pessimistic in that you think RDR2 currently on PC at 4K/60fps is this unattainable dream for next gen? I'm not talking about image quality and framerate, I'm talking about graphical detail, scale, physics, new tech etc. To think RDR2 is the ceiling and no game especially at 4K/60fps will look like it even on next gen is SERIOUSLY under selling the console.
Never said RDR2 was “the ceiling” it’s a good example of the best on offer right now. Most games won’t meet that.

Let's be REAL for a second, You don't think Naughty Dog's next game for PS5 won't look better than RDR2 RIGHT NOW? Hell, I feel like Square Enix, Ubisoft, CD Project Red and other devs will surpass that within a few years. Watch Dogs 1 for example looked way better than GTA V. RDR 2 will be surpassed easily. You saying why don't we see many games... We haven't seen much new games for next gen. I'm not comparing RDR2 to games this gen.
ND next game won’t be of larger scale than RDR2.

WatchDogs 1 did not look better than GTA on PC, nore was it larger in scale.

Y’all make too much of this “next gen” “last gen” nonsense.

There’s already “next gen” level hardware out there and we can already see what devs are doing with it.

out of all games this gen RDR2 took the graphics of something like a Naughty Dog game and put them on the scale of an open world game we’ve never seen before.

Very few games will meet that

Armchair Militant

Stay woke
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I keep forgetting what this shyt is called.
Xbox One S
Xbox One X
Xbox Series X

:dahell:

What happened to using numbers?

It doesn’t help that the controller looks the same.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That to me is much, much more important. And obviously big budgeted games like RDR 2 are gonna put a strain on hardware. But look at what RDR 2 accomplished on base model consoles. Look at what GTA 5 accomplished on the 360/PS3 yet... Looks dated compared to RDR 2. And Gen 8 wasn't even a big leap mathematically compared to this upcoming next gen again, mathematically.
It took ~7 years to progress from GTAV to RDR2.

Why y’all looking at low/ mid budget games a year latter and being disappointed? :dahell:

These games looked great compared to their last gen counterparts.

“The Medium” looked as good as a Naughty Dog game, and is being made on a much smaller budget and will run to 4K 60fps on Series X.

To me that’s impressive as hell. Don’t really know what you guys expect

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We aren’t using better hardware. We are using hardware that is almost as good as the best on offer right now.
Not sure what you mean here. The hardware in PS5/XSX is superior to current gen. I'm not comparing it to ever growing PC tech.

Never said RDR2 was “the ceiling” it’s a good example of the best on offer right now. Most games won’t meet that.
Keyword: right now

ND next game won’t be of larger scale than RDR2.
Doesn't have to be. Does for example Rise or Shadow of the Tomb Raider not look way better than any open world game from last gen?

WatchDogs 1 did not look better than GTA on PC, nore was it larger in scale.
Yeah it did. Looked better then GTA V on PC. Don't compare GTA V with mods.

Y’all make too much of this “next gen” “last gen” nonsense.

There’s already “next gen” level hardware out there and we can already see what devs are doing with it.
Next gen level "hardware" not games. You're making the mistake of judging high end hardware running current gen games designed for old consoles as a rough idea of what to expect. TLOU 2 looks far better for example in many ways than some of the best looking PC games in certain "areas" because I know y'all will bring up IQ and frame rate to move the goal post.

out of all games this gen RDR2 took the graphics of something like a Naughty Dog game and put them on the scale of an open world game we’ve never seen before.

Very few games will meet that

We'll see.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
It took ~7 years to progress from GTAV to RDR2.
Uh.... Yea on two completely different hardwares. Which is the point.

Why y’all looking at low/ mid budget games a year latter and being disappointed? :dahell:
I think you're confusing me with someone else. Because... I never mentioned I was disappointed. When did I say I was disappointed in anything???? Outside of NO gameplay being shown?

These games looked great compared to their last gen counterparts.
Of course they did. But my point is... Even with gen 8 being a small leap games like RDR 2 looked AMAZING. And by the time of GTA 5 the hardware of PS3 and 360 were dated af and yet the game managed to look amazing. Same with Last of Us on PS3 late in the gen.

“The Medium” looked as good as a Naughty Dog game, and is being made on a much smaller budget and will run to 4K 60fps on Series X.

To me that’s impressive as hell. Don’t really know what you guys expect

I think you're confusing me with someone else or just not paying attention to my arguments. Because I never said these games looked bad in fact I was arguing against people saying next gen will be a weak leap. YOU who was agreeing with them. So again are you paying attention to the arguments? In fact I said Assassins Creed Valhalla looks AMAZING.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not sure what you mean here. The hardware in PS5/XSX is superior to current gen. I'm not comparing it to ever growing PC tech.
We have PC tech out right now that exceeds what will be in the Series X.

We have examples of what hardware that powerful can do right now.

“Next gen games” means nothing absolutely nothing. Just a buzzword people use.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just look at something like Call of Duty Ghosts on PS4. Looked pretty weak. We never expected we'd get better but then Modern Warfare dropped a new engine and looked WAY better and even added a whole Battle Royale mode with a hundred players. If someone compared Modern Warfare 2 on PC running at max settings at the time saying don't expect much better we'd they'd be proven wrong by now.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We have PC tech out right now that exceeds what will be in the Series X.

We have examples of what hardware that powerful can do right now.

“Next gen games” means nothing absolutely nothing. Just a buzzword people use.
But those games are beholden to a weak baseline for consoles. Look at Star Citizen it can't even be ran on current gen consoles. We have examples of what powerful hardware can do for CURRENT gen games. You're stuck on performance metrics solely.

Look at what was made running on a GTX 970

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Uh.... Yea on two completely different hardwares. Which is the point.
its not on “two completely different hardwares”

Why the hell yall act like only consoles exist?:dahell:

Graphics tech gradually and consistently improves. It’s not tied to generations of console hardware. In ~7 years a game will outdo RDR2.

I think you're confusing me with someone else. Because... I never mentioned I was disappointed. When did I say I was disappointed in anything???? Outside of NO gameplay being shown?
Excuse me. You said nothing shown today was more impressive than current gen.

I think you're confusing me with someone else or just not paying attention to my arguments. Because I never said these games looked bad in fact I was arguing against people saying next gen will be a weak leap. YOU who was agreeing with them. So again are you paying attention to the arguments? In fact I said Assassins Creed Valhalla looks AMAZING.
Excuse me, but I thought we started this exchange when you said nothing shown today looked better than last gen. Did I read that wrong?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But those games are beholden to a weak baseline for consoles. Look at Star Citizen it can't even be ran on current gen consoles. We have examples of what powerful hardware can do for CURRENT gen games. You're stuck on performance metrics solely.
Nah, this ain’t 1995 the idea of “baseline” hardware and rigid generations is long gone.

Star citizen can run on console level hardware right now.

Games can be scaled over a large range of hardware.