The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sure, things can be optimized from there, but it doesn’t change the fact that RDR2 is amongst the best looking and most detailed games ever, and we see how much power it takes to get that to 4K 60fps.

You think Next gen consoles are gonna outperform a 2080ti in the future?
Lol it's strange you're saying this when not too long ago you were championing Gears 5 on the XsX running better than it's PC counterpart WHILE looking better. It doesn't have to out perform a 2080TI TODAY with a current gen game. They can easily develop a game built around the new specs that will look considerably better than something like RDR2 while looking better. Let's see how Cyberpunk 2077 on PC looks and runs since that's also a open world game with heavy density.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But the Series X and PS5 aren't even using consumer card(correct me) instead customized ones. And with the bolded what exactly are you saying? Meach said in general that PC gaming struggles with RDR 2 at 4k/60 FPS I posted examples. Plus more powerful cards are going to come out sooner or later. Either way the Series X GPU is only a TAD bit behind the 2080 Ti.

On paper, the GPU in the Xbox Series X is faster than a GeForce RTX 2080 Super | PC Gamer

Either way RTX 2080 Super can run RDR 2 at 4k/60fps.

But more importantly.... Devs do NOT do optimization for PC gaming rigs and nor are they the benchmark. Devs are gonna dig DEEPER into the hardware of the Series X/PS5 unlike gaming rigs.

Depending on the settings, a 2080 TI can run RDR2 at 60fps. The last benchmark I've seen showed it running at 69fps average on a 2080TI at 4K/high~medium settings. Benchmarks often just run tests with one setting that doesn't tell the whole picture.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Nah man.
z2vUs2kKcAFH2tP45sLg9g-1200-80.png

Only the 2080ti playing at an almost consistent 60fps.

That’s a $1000+ card.

If the next gen consoles can match that, then we are lucky.
And do you know the Series X is on PAR 2080 Ti and a tad more powerful than the RTX?

Microsoft is presumably referring to single-precision floating point (FP32) performance, as these metrics typically do. At 12 TFLOPs, the GPU inside the Xbox Series X is a tad faster than Nvidia's GeForce RTX 2080 Super, and just a bit behind a 2080 Ti, currently the best graphics card for gaming.
On paper, the GPU in the Xbox Series X is faster than a GeForce RTX 2080 Super | PC Gamer

This is from PC gamer.

The Xbox Series X GPU uses AMD's RDNA 2.0 technology, which isn't available in any PC graphics card at the moment. This gives it the potential to surpass other NVIDIA cards in real-life use. However, even if we analyze the 12 tflops figure, it puts the Xbox Series X over the GeForce RTX 2080 Super which stands at 11.3 tflops. It's only beaten by the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti at 13.45 tflops and the Radeon RX Vega 64, at 12.66 tflops. However, the Radeon RX Vega 64 is AMD's last-generation chip so the advantages of Navi should outweigh the 0.66 tflops difference.
Xbox Series X GPU may be more powerful than NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super (update)

These are some of the best cards on the market and the Series X is on par with them. Based on your OWN graph you prove me right especially with the 2080 Ti since the series X is only a tad behind. The RTX 2080 Super is AVERAGING around 60 fps. Did you even look at whats inside the Series X?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
This. If you think games are gonna start looking and performing better at that level because the hardware is better, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. A lot of these developers aren't going to start producing better quality games graphically just because the power is there. They're going to continue to take shortcuts. With the focus on everything being "4K", you can still expect a lot of cutbacks to be made to ensure it reaches that before everything else. A game being 60FPS doesn't mean much if it can't stay above that. Remember the goal should be to cap it at 60FPS, not target it.
Like I said we don't even know what to expect for next gen. I highly doubt CD Project Red, Rockstar, Naughty Dogs or even the Coalition are gonna be "cutting back."

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Sure, things can be optimized from there, but it doesn’t change the fact that RDR2 is amongst the best looking and most detailed games ever, and we see how much power it takes to get that to 4K 60fps.

You think Next gen consoles are gonna outperform a 2080ti in the future?
The next gen consoles GPUs(at least Series X) are only a tad behind the 2080ti based on sources from PCgamer and others. So its moot.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Lol it's strange you're saying this when not too long ago you were championing Gears 5 on the XsX running better than it's PC counterpart WHILE looking better. It doesn't have to out perform a 2080TI TODAY with a current gen game. They can easily develop a game built around the new specs that will look considerably better than something like RDR2 while looking better. Let's see how Cyberpunk 2077 on PC looks and runs since that's also a open world game with heavy density.
That's another thing people forget that RDR 2 was build around BASE MODEL PS4/Xbox 1 hardware.:mindblown:

Next gen is going fukking crush RDR 2. Like WTF?

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah man.
z2vUs2kKcAFH2tP45sLg9g-1200-80.png

Only the 2080ti playing at an almost consistent 60fps.

That’s a $1000+ card.

If the next gen consoles can match that, then we are lucky.
And that benchmark is just at high settings too. In that 2nd video posted, with max settings, is actually with TWO 2080Ti SLI. So that's over $2000 to run that game at 4K60FPS at Max settings :mjlol:

RDR2 is just a different level :picard:
But the Series X and PS5 aren't even using consumer card(correct me) instead customized ones. And with the bolded what exactly are you saying? Meach said in general that PC gaming struggles with RDR 2 at 4k/60 FPS I posted examples. Plus more powerful cards are going to come out sooner or later. Either way the Series X GPU is only a TAD bit behind the 2080 Ti.

Either way RTX 2080 Super can run RDR 2 at 4k/60fps.

But more importantly.... Devs do NOT do optimization for PC gaming rigs and nor are they the benchmark. Devs are gonna dig DEEPER into the hardware of the Series X/PS5 unlike gaming rigs.

This isn't really the point I was making but I'll address it."On paper" doesn't mean much right now. We need to see something tangible. I brought this up before don't get too caught up in comparing an AMD card to an NVIDIA one. Where NVIDIA is still well ahead of them when it comes to GPUs and performance. :whoa:

I'm not saying that you won't see impressive gains this gen when it comes to visuals and performance. I'm saying you may want to hold your excitement til you see some real gameplay. With RDR2 you can prioritize settings on PC to get the game to run 60FPS. Although it may be capable on console, a developer may not give you that option. Even with impressive tech and powerful cards, developers will still take shortcuts and prioritize resolution/"pretty" above everything else.

And ray tracing is expensive fukk from a performance standpoint. And from what I understand, neither of these consoles have dedicated RT tensor cores on these GPUs. So if developers decide to prioritize resolution+ray tracing (which I expect) WITHOUT some type of machine learning method like DLSS, 60FPS is not happening.

Don't mistake my caution for not wanting to see great performance. It's just that these are consoles at the end of the day. There's only so much that they can squeeze out of these things and still sell them at a price people will buy them at.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
This isn't really the point I was making but I'll address it."On paper" doesn't mean much right now. We need to see something tangible. I brought this up before don't get too caught up in comparing an AMD card to an NVIDIA one. Where NVIDIA is still well ahead of them when it comes to GPUs and performance. :whoa:

Again, we'll have to see. Either way games are going to be build up around these consoles and devs are going to dig deeper into these consoles unlike with high end rigs. Which is more important to me. And Microsoft using customized chips iirc. Also RDR 2 who you guys praise was built around base model gen 8 consoles. The base model PS4 who's GPU only has 1.84 TF dude... Yall really think R's next gen game is gonna look the same as RDR 2 on a high end PC? Correct me....

No devs have taken advantage of the 2080ti but they will with the Series X and PS5.

I'm not saying that you won't see impressive gains this gen when it comes to visuals and performance. I'm saying you may want to hold your excitement til you see some real gameplay. With RDR2 you can prioritize settings on PC to get the game to run 60FPS. Although it may be capable on console, a developer may not give you that option. Even with impressive tech and powerful cards, developers will still take shortcuts and prioritize resolution/"pretty" above everything else.
I agree with the bolded and been saying the same thing. Which is why I can't get with this foolishness that freaking cross gen games that were shown are gonna be the standard of next gen. I agree devs can take shortcuts. I bet Publishers like Ubisoft, EA and Activison will. But Rockstar, CD Project Red and Naughty Dogs? PS4 is old ass tech and yet Uncharted 4 still looks beautiful especially that Madagascar level. Also first party studios especially are going to take advantage to prop up the system/brand.

But yea devs do cut corner but all in all at least based on mathematics this next gen should be a leap. MAYBE not for PC gamers who game on high end rigs.

And ray tracing is expensive fukk from a performance standpoint. And from what I understand, neither of these consoles have dedicated RT tensor cores on these GPUs. So if developers decide to prioritize resolution+ray tracing (which I expect) WITHOUT some type of machine learning method like DLSS, 60FPS is not happening.
This is new? Because all I been hearing about ray-tracing.

Don't mistake my caution for not wanting to see great performance. It's just that these are consoles at the end of the day. There's only so much that they can squeeze out of these things and still sell them at a price people will buy them at.

I'm not your posts are not even the posts that got me irritated. I agree there should be caution. But going based off cross gen games like some of this posts is just silly. Which is where the original argument started. I'm sorry but I refuse to believe we wont get some type of graphical/performance leap coming from base model gen 8 systems to these monster next gen consoles that potentially rivals high end gaming rigs.

And correct me as you're a PC gamer but... Don't the base model PS4/X1 use customized laptop GPUs? I am certain the base Xbox One does.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lol it's strange you're saying this when not too long ago you were championing Gears 5 on the XsX running better than it's PC counterpart WHILE looking better.
Nah wasn’t me

It doesn't have to out perform a 2080TI TODAY with a current gen game. They can easily develop a game built around the new specs that will look considerably better than something like RDR2 while looking better. Let's see how Cyberpunk 2077 on PC looks and runs since that's also a open world game with heavy density.
They can’t “easily” do anything, or else we’d already have a bunch of games that look as good as RDR2 and match it’s destiny.

We’ve already seen Cyberpunk, it looks great but again very few games will meet that ambition no matter how powerful next gen consoles are.

If we can get games like RDR2 and cyberpunk on next gen consoles at 4K 60fps that will be great.

Obviously graphics tech will advance and we will see some better looking games. But setting the bar that high for your average next gen game is just pouring jelly on yourself. If the games shown today run at 4K 60fps on next gen consoles than that would make them more than worth their price.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And do you know the Series X is on PAR 2080 Ti and a tad more powerful than the RTX?

This is from PC gamer.

Xbox Series X GPU may be more powerful than NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super (update)

These are some of the best cards on the market and the Series X is on par with them. Based on your OWN graph you prove me right especially with the 2080 Ti since the series X is only a tad behind. The RTX 2080 Super is AVERAGING around 60 fps. Did you even look at whats inside the Series X?

The next gen consoles GPUs(at least Series X) are only a tad behind the 2080ti based on sources from PCgamer and others. So its moot.
Equal or a tad bit lower means RDR2 at 4K 60fps is about the pinnacle of what devs can do with very powerful hardware right now. Obviously things can and will get better but complaining about some average level games from smaller devs is nonsense.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Equal or a tad bit lower means RDR2 at 4K 60fps is about the pinnacle of what devs can do with very powerful hardware right now. Obviously things can and will get better but complaining about some average level games from smaller devs is nonsense.
Yes, "right now." Next gen especially 2-3 years into next gen is not "right now." Lets forget 4k/60fps..... RDR 2 was built around base model PS4/X1 hardware. That's the important part and the part I really care about. The question is for you.... Do you or anyone else think Rockstar's next big open world game is going to be RDR 2 on a high end PC?

As for the bolded that's what I been saying breh.......

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah wasn’t me

They can’t “easily” do anything, or else we’d already have a bunch of games that look as good as RDR2 and match it’s destiny.

We’ve already seen Cyberpunk, it looks great but again very few games will meet that ambition no matter how powerful next gen consoles are.

If we can get games like RDR2 and cyberpunk on next gen consoles at 4K 60fps that will be great.

Obviously graphics tech will advance and we will see some better looking games. But setting the bar that high for your average next gen game is just pouring jelly on yourself. If the games shown today run at 4K 60fps on next gen consoles than that would make them more than worth their price.
Games like RDR2 have insanely high budget. My point is equal budget/developer experience and time to make a game on the scale of RDR 2 while surpassing it visually shouldn't be a huge feat since we'll be using better hardware.

Are y'all seriously that pessimistic in that you think RDR2 currently on PC at 4K/60fps is this unattainable dream for next gen? I'm not talking about image quality and framerate, I'm talking about graphical detail, scale, physics, new tech etc. To think RDR2 is the ceiling and no game especially at 4K/60fps will look like it even on next gen is SERIOUSLY under selling the console.

Let's be REAL for a second, You don't think Naughty Dog's next game for PS5 won't look better than RDR2 RIGHT NOW? Hell, I feel like Square Enix, Ubisoft, CD Project Red and other devs will surpass that within a few years. Watch Dogs 1 for example looked way better than GTA V. RDR 2 will be surpassed easily. You saying why don't we see many games... We haven't seen much new games for next gen. I'm not comparing RDR2 to games this gen.

Last edited: