The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The harsh reality is that 3D game design matured with the ps3/360 generation and you're just gonna get new twists on the same shyt you've seen a million times before. The ps1-ps3 generations are like the 70s and early 80s in Hollywood where the mold for everything you're seeing now was created. Its the same deal visually. We're out of the stone ages where just having a face texture that kinda sorta looked like a face was enough to be mind blowing. The diminishing returns are finally here.
Theres still plenty of improvement to be made development wise.

The fact that something like star citizen still isn't realistic even with a fraction of the target they're going for just show how much can be expanded in the future.

When it comes to graphics alone, yeah we are at the point of diminishing returns, but in terms of game design, hardware is still a creative bottleneck. Creating believable worlds with realistic A.I. is the future of gaming.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
1. No one can predict where technology goes. We don't even know WHAT to expect from next gen and if anyone is telling you otherwise is lying.

2. People literally forget that gen 8(this gen) was the WEAKEST jump not because of some stupid peak but because both Microsoft and Sony WILLINGLY gimped their consoles. The PS4 and Xbox One are literally running off of laptop hardware. Both consoles were weak out the gate. While the 360 gave high end PCs a challenge and yet 360 launch games still looked like shyt especially those Rare games. Launch games in general because devs have yet really dug deep into the hardware.
360 launched with call of duty 2 and condemned, 2 games that were amazing graphically then and still hold up now but I understand the greater overall point you was making.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Sure they can, but ain’t no magic.

RDR2 is easily the most advanced game this gen, and even the most powerful pc can’t play it at a consistent 4K 60fps.
Wait what? I don't even game on PC but what PC rig are you gaming on?:what:

I see many PC gamers on Youtube doing this game at 4k/60fps. :gucci: And NOT struggling... And flipping Microsoft THEMSELVES said the Series X standard will be 60fps while being able to do 120fps. Another example....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Graphics can still improve what are you clowns saying ....

I want Pixar/CGI level playable shyt on the ps6
Pixar improves with the times.

we already got Toy Story 1 on consoles.

y’all really bugging with the expectations. I remember these same types of posts at the start of last gen.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Graphics can still improve what are you clowns saying ....

I want Pixar/CGI level playable shyt on the ps6
These goofies have fukking amnesia breh.... MONTHS ago they were hyping up that Hellblade 2 trailer with the crazy has facial motion cap. More importantly if you think there wont be a big dump from gen 8(which was using LAPTOP hardware which was dated out the box) to gen 9(which is using advanced desktop hardware and on par with high end rigs) then you doing some type of drugs.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sorry to burst your bubble but you aren’t getting most of this, next gen.

Just look at PC games now. It takes an enormous amount of power to take current gen games into 4K 60fps with Ray tracing.

PS5 and Series X will be powerful, but no way they can do all that AND, play games at 4K 60fps.
This. If you think games are gonna start looking and performing better at that level because the hardware is better, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. A lot of these developers aren't going to start producing better quality games graphically just because the power is there. They're going to continue to take shortcuts. With the focus on everything being "4K", you can still expect a lot of cutbacks to be made to ensure it reaches that before everything else. A game being 60FPS doesn't mean much if it can't stay above that. Remember the goal should be to cap it at 60FPS, not target it.

I see many PC gamers on Youtube doing this game at 4k/60fps. :gucci: And NOT struggling... And flipping Microsoft THEMSELVES said the Series X standard will be 60fps while being able to do 120fps. Another example....

No 2080Ti is running that game 4K/60FPS at max settings. Which is fine with me, as the differences are negligible at a certain point, but it goes to show the compromises that need to be made even with the most powerful consumer card currently on the market. We still have a way to go.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Nah man.
z2vUs2kKcAFH2tP45sLg9g-1200-80.png

Only the 2080ti playing at an almost consistent 60fps.

That’s a $1000+ card.

If the next gen consoles can match that, then we are lucky.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know why y'all using RDR 2 at max settings on PC as a ceiling for what games can achieve on next gen.

That's like using Crysis 1, or GTA IV on PC as a ceiling because it wasn't performing well at the time of release.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I dont' know why y'all using RDR 2 at max settings on PC as a ceiling for what games can achieve on next gen.

That's like using Crysis 1, or GTA IV on PC as a ceiling because it wasn't performing well at the time of release.
Sure, things can be optimized from there, but it doesn’t change the fact that RDR2 is amongst the best looking and most detailed games ever, and we see how much power it takes to get that to 4K 60fps.

You think Next gen consoles are gonna outperform a 2080ti in the future?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
No 2080Ti is running that game 4K/60FPS at max settings. Which is fine with me, as the differences are negligible at a certain point, but it goes to show the compromises that need to be made even with the most powerful consumer card currently on the market. We still have a way to go.

But the Series X and PS5 aren't even using consumer card(correct me) instead customized ones. And with the bolded what exactly are you saying? Meach said in general that PC gaming struggles with RDR 2 at 4k/60 FPS I posted examples. Plus more powerful cards are going to come out sooner or later. Either way the Series X GPU is only a TAD bit behind the 2080 Ti.
Microsoft is presumably referring to single-precision floating point (FP32) performance, as these metrics typically do. At 12 TFLOPs, the GPU inside the Xbox Series X is a tad faster than Nvidia's GeForce RTX 2080 Super, and just a bit behind a 2080 Ti, currently the best graphics card for gaming.
On paper, the GPU in the Xbox Series X is faster than a GeForce RTX 2080 Super | PC Gamer

Either way RTX 2080 Super can run RDR 2 at 4k/60fps.

But more importantly.... Devs do NOT do optimization for PC gaming rigs and nor are they the benchmark. Devs are gonna dig DEEPER into the hardware of the Series X/PS5 unlike gaming rigs.