The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I have a feeling this won't be the Xbox One all over. I'd be glad if this catches fire similar to the PS4 or 360. $500 and if they focus on GAMES and really push Halo Infinite it'll be a system seller. They need to come correct with Halo Infinite. Get the lapsed Halo players who dropped off after Halo 3 back. Halo Reach and then 4 started the decline of Halo's popularity.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
You can't be serious here. The list shows which games are native 4k or checkerboard 4k and a good majority of them are native. Doom fluctuating some of the time has no bearing on anything but Doom and doesn't take away from the fact that there are many more NATIVE 4k games on the system.

In that spec sheet: "There’s a lot of performance packed into the new Xbox One X. Microsoft was too conservative with the original Xbox One, and they seem to be out to prove that they won’t make that mistake again. This is a console designed to target 4K right from the start. As to how successful they will be, that will depend on the developers, and the ever-evolving trade-off between more complex scenes, and higher resolution, but with a GPU that is almost five times more powerful than the original Xbox One, coupled with 12 GB of 384-bit GDDR5, and a faster CPU, the aim looks like its on target."

Here's the DF video talking about RDR2 running in NATIVE 4k on the 1x:

Just because something is 5 times more powerful than something else, doesn't mean it can run something in 4k.

A nintendo switch is more than 5 times more powerful than a nintendo 64. Does a switch do 4k? Nope.

So I had that video playing in the background since I am stuck doing some work, and they said it runs at native 4k...so I said cool they are going to tell me how they know that...and then...they actually never seem to do that Can you tell me the timestamp where they say something like "here is the test we did to know this is native 4k."

Like for Foriza 3 you can find plenty of articles were the devs tell you how they got native 4k, basically stripping away most other graphical settings because a native 4k image is so crisp you don't need stuff like AA...

And then they said Rockstar told them it was native 4k...so I said cool I am going to go find Rockstar talking about it running in native 4k. Can't find anything about it. The only people telling me that rockstar told digital foundry it ran in native 4k is digital foundry.

So then I found another link where they compared ps4 vs xbox one x graphics and i said well surely this thing is going to go in depth explaining how the xbox one x got native 4k and the ps4 didn't...

And they sort of did the same thing...just said "it runs in native 4k" and then went on to talk about the other stuff.

Then I said well let me go to some other tech review places cause getting RDR2 to run at native 4k is a technical marvel...those devs need to quit their jobs at rockstar and open a gpu optimization company cause they could make a killing doing that...

But everywhere I look references the one digital foundry article you posted...

Digital Foundry is usually VERY GOOD at doing test to prove what they say about hardware...you don't find it weird that in this instance they didn't? You don't find it weird that they just say "rockstar told us it runs in native 4k and it does"...but I can't find anything where Rockstar says it actually runs in native 4k?

I don't believe RDR2 is running native 4k for one second, because all the proof I see is someone saying rockstar told them it did, and that it did, and then this company who has a long history of doing test, seems to skip right past to the next thing. But ok, I'll give you that. I'm always skeptical of one source material.

So now we got Foriza 3 at native 4k with some articles about how the devs actually did it, and RDR2 at native 4k because digital foundry said so...i guess.

That is 2? Out of how many games for Xbox One X?

I can't read? If you look at that list, Foriza 3 is the only game that is described as native 4k. If you do control F and type native...Forza 3 is the only one that shows up. Why is that? Why does it very specifically say that Forza runs at native 4k but it very specifically doesn't say that about the other 4k games?

I had said the only reason microsoft would even make this thing is that they must feel confident that console gamers don't know the difference between native 4k and "4k", because if they did there is no reason to even consider this new xbox, because there is already an xbox system available that doesn't do native 4k, and to me anything that is not native 4k is a ripoff. And yet here people are in this thread, posting links to a list of games where exactly one game says it supports native 4k and telling me i can't read because i pointed out that exactly one game said it supports native 4k. Microsoft about to make a killing selling people who already have a xbox one x an xbox 1.5 X.

In the end though it makes perfect sense. Console gamers don't have consoles that are powerful enough to do native 4k...hence they even know what native 4k is?

Posting a list and saying "all these games do native 4k" and then if you actually search the list it is one game that says it does native 4k. Lawd help the youth:mjcry:.

I don't even think the majority of people in this thread even know what native 4k is :mjcry:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just because something is 5 times more powerful than something else, doesn't mean it can run something in 4k.

A nintendo switch is more than 5 times more powerful than a nintendo 64. Does a switch do 4k? Nope.

So I had that video playing in the background since I am stuck doing some work, and they said it runs at native 4k...so I said cool they are going to tell me how they know that...and then...they actually never seem to do that Can you tell me the timestamp where they say something like "here is the test we did to know this is native 4k."

Like for Foriza 3 you can find plenty of articles were the devs tell you how they got native 4k, basically stripping away most other graphical settings because a native 4k image is so crisp you don't need stuff like AA...

And then they said Rockstar told them it was native 4k...so I said cool I am going to go find Rockstar talking about it running in native 4k. Can't find anything about it. The only people telling me that rockstar told digital foundry it ran in native 4k is digital foundry.

So then I found another link where they compared ps4 vs xbox one x graphics and i said well surely this thing is going to go in depth explaining how the xbox one x got native 4k and the ps4 didn't...

And they sort of did the same thing...just said "it runs in native 4k" and then went on to talk about the other stuff.

Then I said well let me go to some other tech review places cause getting RDR2 to run at native 4k is a technical marvel...those devs need to quit their jobs at rockstar and open a gpu optimization company cause they could make a killing doing that...

But everywhere I look references the one digital foundry article you posted...

Digital Foundry is usually VERY GOOD at doing test to prove what they say about hardware...you don't find it weird that in this instance they didn't? You don't find it weird that they just say "rockstar told us it runs in native 4k and it does"...but I can't find anything where Rockstar says it actually runs in native 4k?

I don't believe RDR2 is running native 4k for one second, because all the proof I see is someone saying rockstar told them it did, and that it did, and then this company who has a long history of doing test, seems to skip right past to the next thing. But ok, I'll give you that. I'm always skeptical of one source material.

So now we got Foriza 3 at native 4k with some articles about how the devs actually did it, and RDR2 at native 4k because digital foundry said so...i guess.

That is 2? Out of how many games for Xbox One X?

I can't read? If you look at that list, Foriza 3 is the only game that is described as native 4k. If you do control F and type native...Forza 3 is the only one that shows up. Why is that? Why does it very specifically say that Forza runs at native 4k but it very specifically doesn't say that about the other 4k games?

I had said the only reason microsoft would even make this thing is that they must feel confident that console gamers don't know the difference between native 4k and "4k", because if they did there is no reason to even consider this new xbox, because there is already an xbox system available that doesn't do native 4k, and to me anything that is not native 4k is a ripoff. And yet here people are in this thread, posting links to a list of games where exactly one game says it supports native 4k and telling me i can't read because i pointed out that exactly one game said it supports native 4k. Microsoft about to make a killing selling people who already have a xbox one x an xbox 1.5 X.

In the end though it makes perfect sense. Console gamers don't have consoles that are powerful enough to do native 4k...hence they even know what native 4k is?

Posting a list and saying "all these games do native 4k" and then if you actually search the list it is one game that says it does native 4k. Lawd help the youth:mjcry:.

I don't even think the majority of people in this thread even know what native 4k is :mjcry:

Keep typing dissertations full of dumb shyt whilst being unable to read brehs :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

However, the implementation of certain effects - shadow quality and the intensity of depth of field - is tied to rendering resolution, an aspect of the presentation that varies substantially between each version of the game. At the top of the stack sits Xbox One X, rendering natively on ultra HD displays and looking magnificent. Taking the runner-up position here is PlayStation 4 Pro, which uses a reconstruction technique - likely checkerboarding - to take a native 1920x2160 framebuffer up to 4K.

Muddying the waters here a touch is the temporal anti-aliasing solution, which seems to interfere with the quality of the reconstructed output, giving a double-width pixel effect that emphasises the original 1920x2160 image, and it is noticeable on a 4K display. While it can't be completely ruled out, we found no evidence at all of dynamic resolution scaling (DRS) on any of the console versions of the game - the pixel counts are locked. Take a look at the screenshot comparisons on this page, and the X advantage is undeniable.
Red Dead Redemption 2 looks and plays best on Xbox One X
They did test it.. :dahell:

There's a BUNCH of games that run natively on Xbox One X. You heard that right.

Native 4K. Not dynamic resolution, not checkerboard rendering, not temporal reconstruction etc but full fat native 4K.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Red Dead Redemption 2 looks and plays best on Xbox One X
They did test it.. :dahell:

There's a BUNCH of games that run natively on Xbox One X. You heard that right.

Native 4K. Not dynamic resolution, not checkerboard rendering, not temporal reconstruction etc but full fat native 4K.
Why is he so bizarrely trying to die on this hill?

nikkas know you're not supposed to go full stan war...
84c97c0bf474cec7ac27ae24464b00c7.gif

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Why is he so bizarrely trying to die on this hill?

nikkas know your not supposed to go full stan war...
84c97c0bf474cec7ac27ae24464b00c7.gif
He wants badly to believe that the next generation will be a nominal upgrade, to the point where he's flat out spewing lies and personal opinions in the face of hard facts.

1X is pushing 4k easily and The pro does it sometimes with weak hardware, but dude really thinks 4k is impossible on consoles.

:gucci: