The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Then post all the spec sheets that show it's native 4k then?
Don’t need spec sheets.

none of that shyt you said was accurate. Xbox one X already playing native 4K games.

You don’t need a 1080 on pc to play 4K games.

The series X GPU will be stronger than a 1080

And the console will have hardware based ray tracing.

Also HDR support is already much better on consoles than PC

Don’t know where you got your info from but all of it was dead wrong :francis:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Don’t need spec sheets.

none of that shyt you said was accurate. Xbox one X already playing native 4K games.

You don’t need a 1080 on pc to play 4K games.

The series X GPU will be stronger than a 1080

And the console will have hardware based ray tracing.

Also HDR support is already much better on consoles than PC

Don’t know where you got your info from but all of it was dead wrong :francis:

The console will have ray tracing but the console gpu will be made by AMD?

Go ahead and post a list of all the amd cards out right now that do ray tracing?

Name all the card that AMD got right now that are stronger than a 1080?

Show me an article that says the xbox one x does actual native 4k?

Because the gpu in an xbox one x right now is a budget amd card.

So go ahead and post some videos of that card doing anything in native 4k, on pc or on xbox?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Go ahead and post a list of all the amd cards out right now that do ray tracing?

So go ahead and post some videos of that card doing anything in native 4k, on pc or on xbox?
Do your googles. Xbox one X does a bunch of games at native 4K. Definitely none of them are 1080p upscaled like you said.

Series X doesn’t release for another 11 months. You think AMD is lying about adding ray tracing?:dahell:

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Consoles are not like PCs where you can just make a comparison with parts, consoles can do a WHOLE lot more with weaker components than a pc can.

The xbox 1X is already playing games at native 4k, I have no doubt that these new consoles will be hitting 4k and they wouldn't be advertising ray tracing if they knew the hardware couldn't do it.

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

There are no current AMD cards on the market that have RT. However, the GPU in the PS5/XSX are custom jobs and not off-the-shelf parts. Both were announced as having hardware accelerated RT.

There are a bunch of X1X games that are native 4k (3840 x 2160) and not a simple upscale. Check Digital Foundry. Gamesradar has a good list going too if you don't wanna go through DF's individual games analysis.

Xbox One X Enhanced games - Every game with 4K resolution, HDR, higher framerates, and more | GamesRadar+

:handshake:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
There are no current AMD cards on the market that have RT. However, the GPU in the PS5/XSX are custom jobs and not off-the-shelf parts. Both were announced as having hardware accelerated RT.

There are a bunch of X1X games that are native 4k (3840 x 2160) and not a simple upscale. Check Digital Foundry. Gamesradar has a good list going too if you don't wanna go through DF's individual games analysis.

Xbox One X Enhanced games - Every game with 4K resolution, HDR, higher framerates, and more | GamesRadar+

:handshake:

This list literally list exactly one game that does native 4k and that was Forza 3. Then if you click the link about how Digital Foundry came to the conclusion that it is in native 4k, they don't actually tell you what test they ran they just say "they ran a test". Then it tells you that its locked at 30fps. Then it tells you it's locked at 30fps because of hardware limitations on the xbox one x.

This is exactly the type of stuff I am talking about with console gamers. You telling me there are a bunch of games that are native 4k and the article very specifically describes one game as being native 4k, but then skimps out on the test they did to prove it's native 4k, and then randomly tosses in that its only 30fps cause the hardware can't support anything higher...

Here is a spec sheet...doesn't mention native 4k at all
The Xbox One X Review: Putting A Spotlight On Gaming

Here is another spec sheet...doesn't mention native 4k at all and compares the card to an nvidia budget card
AMD Xbox One X GPU Specs

Here is a review of doom where it literally talks about the game having to downscale because the xbox one x cannot continuously maintain 4k resolution...it even compares it to a 1080 gpu on a pc that actually does run the game in native 4k...
Doom on Xbox One X barely hits native 4K resolution, PS4 Pro doesn't come close | TechRadar

So so far we got Forza 3 as the only game that outright says it does native 4k...however no mention of the test that was done to come to that conclusion...but a mention of how it's locked at 30fps because of hardware limitations...

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This list literally list exactly one game that does native 4k and that was Forza 3. Then if you click the link about how Digital Foundry came to the conclusion that it is in native 4k, they don't actually tell you what test they ran they just say "they ran a test". Then it tells you that its locked at 30fps. Then it tells you it's locked at 30fps because of hardware limitations on the xbox one x.

This is exactly the type of stuff I am talking about with console gamers. You telling me there are a bunch of games that are native 4k and the article very specifically describes one game as being native 4k, but then skimps out on the test they did to prove it's native 4k, and then randomly tosses in that its only 30fps cause the hardware can't support anything higher...

Here is another spec sheet...doesn't mention native 4k at all and compares the card to an nvidia budget card
AMD Xbox One X GPU Specs

Here is a review of doom where it literally talks about the game having to downscale because the xbox one x cannot continuously maintain 4k resolution...it even compares it to a 1080 gpu on a pc that actually does run the game in native 4k...
Doom on Xbox One X barely hits native 4K resolution, PS4 Pro doesn't come close | TechRadar

So so far we got Forza 3 as the only game that outright says it does native 4k...however no mention of the test that was done to come to that conclusion...but a mention of how it's locked at 30fps because of hardware limitations...
You can't be serious here. The list shows which games are native 4k or checkerboard 4k and a good majority of them are native. Doom fluctuating some of the time has no bearing on anything but Doom and doesn't take away from the fact that there are many more NATIVE 4k games on the system.

In that spec sheet: "There’s a lot of performance packed into the new Xbox One X. Microsoft was too conservative with the original Xbox One, and they seem to be out to prove that they won’t make that mistake again. This is a console designed to target 4K right from the start. As to how successful they will be, that will depend on the developers, and the ever-evolving trade-off between more complex scenes, and higher resolution, but with a GPU that is almost five times more powerful than the original Xbox One, coupled with 12 GB of 384-bit GDDR5, and a faster CPU, the aim looks like its on target."

Here's the DF video talking about RDR2 running in NATIVE 4k on the 1x:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

AMD Xbox One X GPU Specs

breh as a Sony Stan, you're quite off the mark on what titles are native 4k. Quite a lot are native 4k. Hell even the PS4 pro has some native 4k games.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games: All Titles, Platforms, and Details
There's a good amount of native 4k games. It is wrong to say the games all are just upscaling from 1080p.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Consoles are not like PCs where you can just make a comparison with parts, consoles can do WHOLE like more with weaker components than a pc can.

The xbox 1X is already playing games a native 4k, I have no doubt that these new consoles will be hitting 4k and they wouldn't be advertising ray tracing if they knew the hardware couldn't do it.
Yea I had a feeling there was something wrong with his post.