The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if they will take it a step further and let you play the digital copy with out the disk? :lupe:

Like, i buy the disk, install it, and then can eject the disk and still play.
They'd have to do some sort of tracking with the disk, and that could get problematic when sharing or reselling. How do you know who owns the original, how do you relinquish ownership, how do you denotes sharing, things like that.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
They'd have to do some sort of tracking with the disk, and that could get problematic when sharing or reselling. How do you know who owns the original, how do you relinquish ownership, how do you denotes sharing, things like that.
Maybe some type of timer....like once you enter the disc you get access for 24 hours without needed one

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC
What are the best headphones for Xbox?

The Hyper X Clouds are pretty good, but don't limit yourself to gaming headphones, I copped the Phillips SHP9500S plus a mod mic and personally, out of the headphones I've used, those have been the most comfortable and they sound about the same as others.

I will say I've never tried any of the premium gaming headphones, so I can't really speak on those. If that's more your style, you might wanna wait/look into the Bang & Olufsen Xbox ones.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
That's true but they could make the process not worth the trouble for those who attempt to circumvent it. For instance, requiring the disk to be present on any patch/update. Would be an annoyance to legit game owners but would be too much of a pain for those who borrow or rent a game to attempt to validate ownership.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
That's true but they could make the process not worth the trouble for those who attempt to circumvent it. For instance, requiring the disk to be present on any patch/update. Would be an annoyance to legit game owners but would be too much of a pain for those who borrow or rent a game to attempt to validate ownership.
I was thinking they could have some sort of unique lot number ina bar code on the inner part of the disk near the hole. Put it in, it scans and goes back to Microsoft, registers you as the owner. You could then designate another gamertag for sharing, or deregister it if you sell it or give it away.

Still have the issue of if a jackass sells it but doesn't deregister :francis:. But I'm spitballing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Maybe some type of timer....like once you enter the disc you get access for 24 hours without needed one
This is what they tried to do at the start of last gen but got killed for it.

Now, we wish there was a way to do it :francis: