The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'll likely be passing on the Xbox Series X. If it can't outclass a GTX 2080 ti it's not gonna be worth it to me.

Bruh do you know how much this thing would cost...for it ti be more powerful than the current most powerful GPU on the market :mjlol:

A 2080 TI is going to be around THREE TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE than the entire xbox x system:mjlol:

You think they going to get 1100 gpu in this thing and then sell it for 399 or some shyt:mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Apple sells iPhones because their profits come from the cloud, accessories and warranties. Hardware sales drives peripheral sales, you’re ignoring complementary markets. Companies arent leaving money on the table.

Breh nothing M$ does is a pet project. Xbox is and has always been intended as a serious competitor in gaming. I agree they intend pivot to a streaming service, but again They are not leaving consoles anytime soon. they tried this gen to replace physical media and failed. Physical isn’t going anywhere. As for Sony and legacy I got no clue what you’re talking about. Patents have shown they are looking are portable development, next gen VR, and new storage systems. Sony has been anything but responsive this gen or the next.

This is just another segment M$ and Sony are trying capture. This isn’t streaming vs physical, this is now a battle of ecosystems.

You game on your phone, you game on your pc, you game on your console. That’s what M$ and Sony are competing on.
Apple as a company relies on hardware sales of the iPhone to survive. If Xbox went belly up tomorrow it would hardly impact Microsoft at all. Xbox is today what it always was. A pet project for Microsoft.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Microsoft has shown that they want to transition Xbox to a service. Them abandoning producing their own hardware in favor of PCs and streaming isn't that much of a reach. If you don't have to sell a specific piece of hardware to a customer to get them to purchase your game your potential audience can grow even larger. It's not them abandoning anything it's them trying to widen their audience. Console hardware is far less profitable than the software. There's a reason you're seeing Microsoft exclusive titles on Nintendo hardware and a streaming service at a minimal cost that includes all their high profile titles day 1 as well as all their games being released on PC.

They've been laying the groundwork to detach people from the idea of only being able to play their titles on a single dedicated box for many years now. xCloud is only the next step in that direction.

Sony on the other hand more depends on the legacy business. The only way they completely move in that direction is as a response. They've done some things to have a foundation in case they need to pivot that way but I don't think they're as committed to it as Microsoft.

Part of that is Xbox is just a pet project to Microsoft. Sony as a company depends on PlayStation.
Or Microsoft is in the data center and cloud business and figured out its smart to leverage their existing cloud infrastructure with their gaming.

MS has always been in the PC gaming business
Apple as a company relies on hardware sales of the iPhone to survive. If Xbox went belly up tomorrow it would hardly impact Microsoft at all. Xbox is today what it always was. A pet project for Microsoft.
This is false.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

OK we done here breh, I don’t think you know what a pet project is.

10 billion in revenue aka 10% of your company’s profit is not a pet project. Microsoft Hololens was a pet project.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Games becoming exclusive to store fronts but really, I'm just growing out of it and I'm getting tired of tinkering.

The only thing from stopping me is the amount of games I own
Like I said PC gaming is more of a hobby(which is understandable) vs console gaming which is more of an entertainment. Which is why I don't understand why people assume you can easily switch from console gaming to PC. Of course a gaming rig is 10x more powerful and may offer a better experience but consoles are just simpler.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Some even saying 8k. Not sure how true that is. People forget that it use to be consoles that were the real foundation for "next gen" not PCs. People forget how powerful the 360 was at launch. Of course PCs becoming more powerful as the gen goes on. But if consoles start upgrading like smartphones ala Xbox One X then that gap between console and PC may not even be as big as it was. Its only the PS4/Xbox One gen where consoles were weak outside the gate. But I don't ever see that happening again.

Edit: Why do these PC gamers so badly try to convert console gamers? Console gamers see gaming more as an entertainment where as PC gamers see it as a hobby.

It's not native 8k. It's not even native 4k. It's upscaled. It's an image that is generated at usually 1080p then using interpolation to generate a 4k output if you have a 4k television. The card in even this new xbox isn't powerful enough to generate a native 4k image. You would need something as powerful as a 1080 at minimum. Then you start talking about ray tracing and you going to need something like a 2070 at minimum, since that is only in 200 series cards. Those cards by themselves are as expensive or more expensive than an entire console. However AMD is making the card for this xbox console. Do you know what AMD does for ray tracing right now? Nothing. They have a "plan" for ray tracing. Only nvidia cards do actual ray tracing on games right now, and that is very few games. Ray tracing is a performance killer as well so I can't wait to see what corners and/or trickery they use to even get it to function on a gpu made for a console.

Rather you care about this is up to you. You could just straight up not care about it, and be fine with the fact that all you know is when you play a game on a 4k tv it says it is 4k and it says hdr is enabled (hdr is a whole other bag of trickery when it comes to consoles as well). Or you could care a lot and feel like you are getting ripped off because microsoft is telling you that you are getting a 4k gaming system but in reality the gpu in it doesn't have the power to generate a 4k image so you are in fact NOT getting a 4k machine. If it's not native 4k...it's not 4k.

Consoles are in a pretty weird place now. Each new console is supposed to be a generational leap. Native 4k would be a generational leap. But...native 4k takes A LOT of gpu power, and the cards that can do them are just to expensive...you throw in other hardware in the console and you are going to be spending around 800 to 900 dollars. You know what you might as well do if you are spending that type of money to play games in native 4k? You might as well buy a computer because it can do way more things than just play games at 4k.

I just don't even see the point of this console. Other than console gamers not being up on what hardware can and can't do, or maybe not caring. Actually, maybe that is the point. Maybe the whole point is that microsoft feels like the guy who bought the xbox one x that doesn't have the hardware to do native 4k, will also by this console that also doesn't have the hardware to do native 4k...

I tend to buy every xbox playstation and nintendo console that comes out...but i'm probably skipping the next playstation and xbox until they have the ability to native 4k...

Maybe in like 2025 or some shyt...