The XBox One is Insulting to Gamers and Tech Enthusiats

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Now I've let the conference aftermath cool down for myself personally... I kind of figured that MS was just going to boast about more web streaming apps and hype up Kinect (they've been doing and prepping for this for the last 2 years now)... but after reading some things about the One's hardware and some things that MS is leaving out I've had enough and I have to make a post about it.

Xbox fans can come and defend this, because I really want to know how someone, anyone can possibly do such a thing.

I'll start off with this quote...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/microsoft-only-xbox-one-controllers-accessories-will-work-wit/

:patrice:

Okay, so what MS is saying... is that in 2013 there was NO way to make your 360 headsets, controllers, keyboard pads compatible with the new console...

What!?

:wtf:

Initially, I was like WTF when I heard about the Kinect now being the default mic for the One... but then I thought, nah, MS will probably just allow people to use their Bluetooth devices/headsets with the console. That would make sense right? Since you know?... it's 2013 and the PS3 did this what? 7 years ago.

Then I see this and I had to point it out...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-playstation-4-specs-compared/
5k585d.jpg

As you can see by the pic... the damn thing doesn't even have a Bluetooth radio.

:snoop:

So not only is MS not allowing gamers to swap out their internal HDDs, they're not allowing gamers to user their current 360 headsets on the console (throw those Turtle Beaches in the bushes), they're still going to use AA batteries in their controllers, they're not going to even let people sync up any universal bluetooth headset to the device.

It all comes down to this company wanting money. Xbox Live forces you to pay a fee just to use an internet browser, Netflix, HBO Go, ESPN etc... they're doing the same with the hardware now. They're purposely omitting shyt to force YOU to buy more accessories.

How can anyone with common sense accept this? How can you nikkas defend this? It is blatantly obvious at this point that they are fukking you over on the hardware of this device. It's not just going to be weaker graphically, it's going to be gimped feature wise as they're trying to push Kinect on you for everything.

Xbox stans please come in here and explain to me why this doesn't bother you at all. PLEASE, I'm literally curious to see how you can justify MS going this route and just flat out nickling and diming you like this?
The console is going to be sold at a loss. accessories will be sold at a profit to make up for that loss. if they let you use 360 accessories that's less money they can make up on the One they sold you.

Non-removable HDD
Old Headsets not compatible with console
No bluetooth
Kinect required
Kinect as default mic
Controllers still using AA batteries

I've mentioned all of that in the first post and explained WHY the old headsets not working wouldn't be an issue if bluetooth was in the console.

I'm still not understanding how all of those omissions isn't insulting to anyone who knows shyt about technology.
external HDDs can be used if the 500GB one isn't enough for you

forcing people to buy new accessories subsidized the console.

why is Bluetooth necessary?

Kinect has functionality they want developers to use in order for that to happen properly it has to basically be part of the console. the Kinect as a mic thing is likely if you don't want to buy a dedicated headset.

battery pack will be optional. some people have rechargeable AA batteries and don't mind. that what when the battery is low or dead you swap and continue playing wireless instead of being tethered to the console. also since the console is sold at a loss that helps make back money.

some of yall are acting cheap. you wanna buy a box that probably cost them $600+ to make at something like $299 and expect all the old stuff to work to further drive down the cost. if you can't afford it you can't afford it but if you can why complain they're using known acceptable methods to make back money?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This ain't even the worst part. You have to pay to play your friend's games on your own console and the fee is said to be around as much as a NEW GAME

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I aint buying that shyt. And yes I can afford both. :comeon:

This generation proved that one console can satisfy all your needs and the PS3 did just that. Owned a 360 early on and sold it.

Did they even release the prices for both though?

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just walk up the to register w/ your hands out, and tell them to arrest you, cause thats essentially what will happen. checking you every 24 hours to make sure you have the internet, not allowing you to play pre owned games w/ your friends, having the mic on constantly to listen to what you're saying, the camera paying attention to how many people are in your living room. you're better off just having a cop come into your house and sit there 24/7. at least you won't have to dish out money for that piece of shiit.:bryan:
everyone who's going to buy this, please tell me...i can't wait to give you the idiot of the century award.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

Not surprised you would post this dumb ass shyt.

"nikka go cop some blah blah blah"... my point exactly. I shouldn't have to cop a fukking extra headset or be forced to use the Kinect's mic. The wired mics that plenty of people have on the 360 don't even work with the controllers on the One.

So now Bluetooth is irrelevant because Xbox stans say so. I'm not copping some fukking Turtle Beaches when I have a 7.1 system in my house for gaming.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-V...eadset/dp/B0043EV20G/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

My mic has worked fine for years on my PS3, no complaints and I sound clear as hell. There's really no excuse for a console droppin' in 2013 not to have something this basic.

I just personally think those Bluetooth headsets are wack as fukk, it has nothing to do with what the X1 supports. I also have a surround sound system in my crib....but I only use it for single player games, movies/shows n music if I'm on my Xbox. I haven't played a multiplayer game on the Xbox with a headset and surround sound combo in years. There is no way I'm playing halo with my speakers blasting while having a lil headset in my ear talking to my nikkas...I can't do that..I have to have headsets on for both game sound and communication. I also have to have the sound loud enough to hear shyt look like footsteps and i don't want the game too be so loud nikkas can hear it thru my mic...that's annoying for them and it makes hearing you and them difficult at times. You gotta realize it's 2013 and the majority of hardcore gamers use gaming headsets and not that Bluetooth shyt.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
why don't you wait to see how it works breh :owerd:

i mean, it's a high possibility that you're right that it's not the best option or even a usable alternative to headphones but let the tech speak for itself breh.
If it works beautifully, I don't see why I wouldn't be happy with this. It's all dependent on how great the Kinect works though

It would need to out put the voice chat through the tv speakers/ surround sound
:leostare:

I don't care if it can pick up a whisper from 100 ft away, this is an awful idea breh, I want a head set. I don't want kinnect, I don't care breh, I just don't want it, I don't want the fukking move either, which is why it's going straight to the bushes, :pacspit:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The console is going to be sold at a loss. accessories will be sold at a profit to make up for that loss. if they let you use 360 accessories that's less money they can make up on the One they sold you.

external HDDs can be used if the 500GB one isn't enough for you

forcing people to buy new accessories subsidized the console.

why is Bluetooth necessary?

Kinect has functionality they want developers to use in order for that to happen properly it has to basically be part of the console. the Kinect as a mic thing is likely if you don't want to buy a dedicated headset.

battery pack will be optional. some people have rechargeable AA batteries and don't mind. that what when the battery is low or dead you swap and continue playing wireless instead of being tethered to the console. also since the console is sold at a loss that helps make back money.

some of yall are acting cheap. you wanna buy a box that probably cost them $600+ to make at something like $299 and expect all the old stuff to work to further drive down the cost. if you can't afford it you can't afford it but if you can why complain they're using known acceptable methods to make back money?
Who fukking cares why M$ ended 360 compatability for the One.? At the end of the it fukks over current Xbox owners something serious.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Who fukking cares why M$ ended 360 compatability for the One.? At the end of the it fukks over current Xbox owners something serious.
you're gonna go out and buy a piece of hardware that's probably worth at least $700+ for maybe $400 and because you feel entitled to bring your old equipment over you're getting fukked over?

back in the day when a new piece of hardware came out nothing carried over. no generation of Playstation carried over the accessories from the previous generation. No generation of Xbox either.

in fact the only generation of hardware that let you use accessories from the previous generation is Gamecube to Wii.

i know damn well if yall had to pay shelf price for the hardware they're assembling for you at a loss and could carry over all accessories and get native backwards compatibility you damn well wouldn't wanna pay $700 or so for the box up front so stop it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you're gonna go out and buy a piece of hardware that's probably worth at least $700+ for maybe $400 and because you feel entitled to bring your old equipment over you're getting fukked over?

back in the day when a new piece of hardware came out nothing carried over. no generation of Playstation carried over the accessories from the previous generation. No generation of Xbox either.

in fact the only generation of hardware that let you use accessories from the previous generation is Gamecube to Wii.

i know damn well if yall had to pay shelf price for the hardware they're assembling for you at a loss and could carry over all accessories and get native backwards compatibility you damn well wouldn't wanna pay $700 or so for the box up front so stop it.
This assumes you know the price and value of an Xbox one. Furthermore, the Xbox 360 was cheaper than the PS3, had inferior build quality and was STILL mainly proprietary. Hell PS3 was sold at a loss but going by this logic, it should've recuperated it's losses by making the system only work with licensed accessories. It's not even about wanting to use old system accessories, it's the fact that some of the choices you have when it comes to certain accessories seem like obvious nickle and diming.

There's nothing wrong with having options. I shouldn't have to jump through hella hoola hoops to change my hard drive on the 360 when it's merely a sata drive encrypted and enclosed in some box. You shouldn't have to buy a separate headset for your console when your blutooth headset works with every device on the market. The only thing I don't really mind is the battery on the controllers but everything else?? :childplease:

I could understand if someone was complaining about the kinect 2 being included with the purchase and that being an issue for them because they'd rather use their logitech camera instead to save some money.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

This assumes you know the price and value of an Xbox one. Furthermore, the Xbox 360 was cheaper than the PS3, had inferior build quality and was STILL mainly proprietary. Hell PS3 was sold at a loss but going by this logic, it should've recuperated it's losses by making the system only work with licensed accessories. It's not even about wanting to use old system accessories, it's the fact that some of the choices you have when it comes to certain accessories seem like obvious nickle and diming.

There's nothing wrong with having options. I shouldn't have to jump through hella hoola hoops to change my hard drive on the 360 when it's merely a sata drive encrypted and enclosed in some box. You shouldn't have to buy a separate headset for your console when your blutooth headset works with every device on the market. The only thing I don't really mind is the battery on the controllers but everything else?? :childplease:

I could understand if someone was complaining about the kinect 2 being included with the purchase and that being an issue for them because they'd rather use their logitech camera instead to save some money.
be real all these people complaining about all this stuff are just a part of the entitled collective of gamers.

back when the PS3 hit at $600 and it was fully backwards compatible and many people around SOHH wouldn't buy it. they drop the backwards compatibility and lower the price and people are bytching about wanting to play PS2 games on the systems.

Bluetooth headsets work like crap that's why almost nobody uses them on the PS3. you don't have to change the hard drive because you can but a multiple terabyte external and plug it up with USB and be good to go.

what you call nickle and diming is how these hardware makers recoup money after taking a loss on the system.