"The X-Files" limited series/Season 10 thread (4/20/17 update: Renewed for season 11)

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Man, watching this again brought back so many memories to when I first started watching this series. It felt really good seeing Mulder and Scully back together to find the truth. I always liked seeing Mulder on the hunt for the truth, which will always be out of his reach. One thing that also came back to me was a bit of paranoia. Knowing that there are so many lies on top of lies that we've been told so that the truth will never be revealed.

I'm hoping this run will be able to expand after episode 6. I want to see what new things Chris Carter has cooked up over the years.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Was ep 2 better than ep 1 ya'll?

I remember when they decided to move the show away from vancouver,I live in van.

My moms is still :pacspit::pacspit: at Duchovny to this day over that :pachaha:

I'm probably one of 2 people,but I always liked Millenium better than x-files :yeshrug:

Im still mad at chris carter ruining millenium by coming back to the show in the 3rd season and rebooting it.

Man, I never saw Millenium. Can't believe it, considering how much of a X-Files stan I was.

Correct. He wrote "Dreamland" 1 and 2. That's also why he got Michael McKean for "Better Call Saul".

As far as the rest of your post, I agree. Although I'd even say 90% of the best episodes are MOTW. I'm about to watch the first ep right now, but I'm :dahell: that people are saying this shouldn't have came back based off a myth arc episode. Those were always hit or miss. And true to form, critics are saying the first ep (myth arc) is :ld: while the next two (MOTW) are good to classic.

Fred.

Fair enough, but in that case I would've made the first return ep a MOTW and hit a mythology ep during ep 2 or 3, and then finish it up in ep 6. Regardless, ep 1 was a lackluster way to bring the series back.

Thoughts on ep 1 if you saw it? I still gotta watch ep 2.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was ep 2 better than ep 1 ya'll?

Man, I never saw Millenium. Can't believe it, considering how much of a X-Files stan I was.

Fair enough, but in that case I would've made the first return ep a MOTW and hit a mythology ep during ep 2 or 3, and then finish it up in ep 6. Regardless, ep 1 was a lackluster way to bring the series back.

Thoughts on ep 1 if you saw it? I still gotta watch ep 2.

You're preaching to the choir breh. When the miniseries was announced I said Carter shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.

Having said that, I'm still :what: over writing off the entire concept of an "X-Files" revival based on one episode. Especially when I told cats the 2nd and 3rd eps both got good to great reviews. This is the same board that sat through "True Detective" season 2, which was more or less a nonstop train wreck.

As far as the first ep....I don't think it's as bad as people made it seem. Which is even worse to me because if it was flat out terrible I could just say "Carter gonna Carter" and move onto the next ep. But the episode had some good ideas that were executed very poorly. And obviously they tried to cram way too much into one hour. Ideally this would be 8 episodes at the very least, more like 10-13 and all the shyt they put into this episode would be sprinkled through out the season. If 6 episodes was all they had they should've dialed the mythology aspect way back. But then again fans been harassing the fukk out of them to move the mythology forward, so maybe it was a no-win either way.

Lastly, if this gets another season....which seems likely, the premiere did 17 million and even the Monday episode without the benefit of an NFL lead-in did 10 million....they need to get Vince Gilligan and the pool of writers/directors he took with him. They got some good talent for this (James Wong, and arguably the best "X-Files" writer Darin Morgan) but a decent chunk of talent went with Gilligan to "Breaking Bad", and now "Better Call Saul".

I'm about to watch the 2nd episode over breakfast, I'll be back in a bit with my thoughts.

Fred.