"The X-Files" limited series/Season 10 thread (4/20/17 update: Renewed for season 11)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
You're preaching to the choir breh. When the miniseries was announced I said Carter shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.

Having said that, I'm still :what: over writing off the entire concept of an "X-Files" revival based on one episode. Especially when I told cats the 2nd and 3rd eps both got good to great reviews. This is the same board that sat through "True Detective" season 2, which was more or less a nonstop train wreck.

As far as the first ep....I don't think it's as bad as people made it seem. Which is even worse to me because if it was flat out terrible I could just say "Carter gonna Carter" and move onto the next ep. But the episode had some good ideas that were executed very poorly. And obviously they tried to cram way too much into one hour. Ideally this would be 8 episodes at the very least, more like 10-13 and all the shyt they put into this episode would be sprinkled through out the season. If 6 episodes was all they had they should've dialed the mythology aspect way back. But then again fans been harassing the fukk out of them to move the mythology forward, so maybe it was a no-win either way.

Lastly, if this gets another season....which seems likely, the premiere did 17 million and even the Monday episode without the benefit of an NFL lead-in did 10 million....they need to get Vince Gilligan and the pool of writers/directors he took with him. They got some good talent for this (James Wong, and arguably the best "X-Files" writer Darin Morgan) but a decent chunk of talent went with Gilligan to "Breaking Bad", and now "Better Call Saul".

I'm about to watch the 2nd episode over breakfast, I'll be back in a bit with my thoughts.

Fred.
I'll admit to being one of the ones pushing for one or two mythology eps, so maybe I was a part of the crowd that was causing a problem. I think a lot of the fans were unsatisfied with the mythology, but just didn't realize how little there was that could be done to improve it, especially in a 6 episode format by Carter, and now we're complaining about it.

Agree that Morgan and Wong were the best part of TXF. I didn't realize they were a part of Breaking Bad. Honestly didn't know who they really were until recently, but I read your thoughts elsewhere, and checked them on IMDB and saw they were responsible for many of my favorite episodes.

I'm about to check episode 2 myself in a couple hours, and I'll drop my thoughts on that one too. I heard episode 3 of this season is really really good. So I'm not writing it off. I'll stick around and watch all 6.

Nice 1013 reference.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'll admit to being one of the ones pushing for one or two mythology eps, so maybe I was a part of the crowd that was causing a problem. I think a lot of the fans were unsatisfied with the mythology, but just didn't realize how little there was that could be done to improve it, especially in a 6 episode format by Carter, and now we're complaining about it.

Agree that Morgan and Wong were the best part of TXF. I didn't realize they were a part of Breaking Bad. Honestly didn't know who they really were until recently, but I read your thoughts elsewhere, and checked them on IMDB and saw they were responsible for many of my favorite episodes.

I'm about to check episode 2 myself in a couple hours, and I'll drop my thoughts on that one too. I heard episode 3 of this season is really really good. So I'm not writing it off. I'll stick around and watch all 6.

Nice 1013 reference.

Nah those two weren't a part of "BB".

I meant Gilligan took some other talent from the show. Writers, directors, etc. I was saying, if this comes back they need to pull some of those people in for an episode or two.

Fred.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope this get progressively better, seems like everyone but abducted spanish chick, we're pretty much sleepwalking in their roles; and the writing was pretty meh as well.

Second Ep. was really dope way better with everything.

But like other posters have said, the mythology at this point is so scrambled up I dunno what they can do with. :mindblown:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I didn't watch the original series except on rare occasions but I like the revival.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
rmdSx.gif

Im out. This is cringe worthy.

The google reference,obamacare, the gay shyt...its just straight up bad and laughable.

Its the equivalent of this
how-do-you-do-fellow-kids.jpg

peppe

Superstar
Daps
just watched the first one and they wanted to much in there bout to watch the second one. But goddamn I missed that dynamic between the two.

When they replaced mulder with agent doggort I ALMOST quit watching but the nikka turned aiight. Would be cool if he had a small cameo.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
just watched the first one and they wanted to much in there bout to watch the second one. But goddamn I missed that dynamic between the two.

When they replaced mulder with agent doggort I ALMOST quit watching but the nikka turned aiight. Would be cool if he had a small cameo.

Doggett don't pop up as far as I know but Reyes will be back.

Promo for next week's ep:

Fred.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bloody ear- piercing signal FUKKERY:damn:Genetic Mutations:ohmy: on a hundred, thousand, trillion:bryan: Pre-Google/Obamacare ETHER:huhldup: Nightmare on Alien Street:ohhh:, starring young spawn William:lupe: Skinner's still playin the FBI for his old team:youngsabo: FLashlight dark room entrance:banderas: Mulder & Scully BACK, I'm screaming:pachaha: Rating's are PIFF:smugdraper:, and next week is the Monster episode:demonic: That's my childhood:blessed: