"The X-Files" limited series/Season 10 thread (4/20/17 update: Renewed for season 11)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Good, I hope this means the blu ray series is on the way...I'm a physical media man myself :manny:
i hear you breh but i'm both. don't wanna get left in the dust.

i should prolly cut the damn cord, but other than nba playoff time, and a few shows on the dvr were on netflix and the like every night if were not watching a movie i stream from the HD. it's just easier and i'm lazy and you don't have to sit through ads for other movies.

some of the nerds on the blu forum suspect 4k is gonna be streaming only since blu never really took off like they expected it to and the sales are dwindling due to everyone prefering netflix, hulu hbogo etc

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Good, I hope this means the blu ray series is on the way...I'm a physical media man myself :manny:

some of the nerds on the blu forum suspect 4k is gonna be streaming only since blu never really took off like they expected it to and the sales are dwindling due to everyone prefering netflix, hulu hbogo etc

I've always been VERY Pro-Blu-ray & Pro-Physical Media up until last summer/fall until I found there was a Grey Market for buying Digital Copy codes for TV show seasons.

Now that I own a bunch of TV Show seasons/movies digitally (that I would normally have bought the Blu-ray or DVD release) & can download or stream them instantly on all my devices, I can't help but look at my shelf with all the Blu-rays/DVDs I never watch and just go :flabbynsick::flabbynsick:.

I've started selling off my TV Show on Blu-ray/DVD releases & will rebuy them digitally.

I plan to FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY get into "The X-Files" later this month, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this X-Files Limited Edition OOP Box Set.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
vince gillian is too busy writing jack and the bean stalk :mjlol:

At first I was :dwillhuh: because I had no idea what you were talking about.

That's gotta be something he wrote years ago, like "Battle Creek".

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
At first I was :dwillhuh: because I had no idea what you were talking about.

That's gotta be something he wrote years ago, like "Battle Creek".

Fred.
So youre saying you wrote it back in the vince? :troll:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:ooh:John Bartley (The dude who was the Director of Photography for the first 3 seasons of the "X-Files") said the shot the show on 3-perf Super 35mm film (Which has a 16:9 Aspect Ratio) instead of regular 35mm film and they protected it for 16:9.

QUESTION: How do you see television changing?

BARTLEY: I could take a month to answer that question. Things are always changing, and they are also staying the same. We shot The X Files in Super 35 format and framed for 4:3. We protected for 16:9, because we knew it was coming. We also do that on Lost.

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Publ...ILM/ONFILM_Interview_John_Bartley_ASC_CSC.htm

:blessed::whew: This means the early seasons remasters are legit widescreen. I've always assumed ever since talks of the remasters started a few years ago, that the early seasons remasters were gonna be 4:3 HD or were going to be cropped to fit 16:9.

@hexagram23 @kp404

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:ooh:John Bartley (The dude who was the Director of Photography for the first 3 seasons of the "X-Files") said the shot the show on 3-perf Super 35mm film (Which has a 16:9 Aspect Ratio) instead of regular 35mm film and they protected it for 16:9.

:blessed::whew: This means the early seasons remasters are legit widescreen. I've always assumed ever since talks of the remasters started a few years ago, that the early seasons remasters were gonna be 4:3 HD or were going to be cropped to fit 16:9.

@hexagram23 @kp404
:wow:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
i hear you breh but i'm both. don't wanna get left in the dust.

i should prolly cut the damn cord, but other than nba playoff time, and a few shows on the dvr were on netflix and the like every night if were not watching a movie i stream from the HD. it's just easier and i'm lazy and you don't have to sit through ads for other movies.

Don't care about sales. Physical media all day every day for the collection; but I do have a shyt ton of older hard to find movies I downloaded over the years

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
since blu never really took off like they expected it to and the sales are dwindling due to everyone prefering netflix, hulu hbogo etc

I tried to tell cats this would happen like 7 years ago on SOHH, and everyone thought I was crazy. I think @Liquid was the only other person to agree.

Fred.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I tried to tell cats this would happen like 7 years ago on SOHH, and everyone thought I was crazy. I think @Liquid was the only other person to agree.

Fred.
At best, Blu-Ray was just a stop-gap for those in rural areas to get HD content in a convenient way. There was never a moment in which Blu-Ray was going to be the dominant way to consume media and by the time it passes dvd, digital distribution would dominate the market.

Most modern laptops don't even include a dvd drive. Apple never released a Mac with a blu-ray drive. In fact, Mac OS X from what I remember does not even support Blu-Ray out of the box.

The only advantage the media has is its storage capacity for backups, that is all. It's old and slow tech that needs to go away.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Fred.

At best, Blu-Ray was just a stop-gap for those in rural areas to get HD content in a convenient way. There was never a moment in which Blu-Ray was going to be the dominant way to consume media and by the time it passes dvd, digital distribution would dominate the market.

Most modern laptops don't even include a dvd drive. Apple never released a Mac with a blu-ray drive. In fact, Mac OS X from what I remember does not even support Blu-Ray out of the box.

The only advantage the media has is its storage capacity for backups, that is all. It's old and slow tech that needs to go away.

:flabbynsick: Changing Blu-ray/DVD discs.

It was only 2 years ago I use to clown folks for claiming they're too lazy to get up & change discs. Now I've gotten so comfortable & used to digital (Legal & illegal), I hate when I suddenly watch 1 of my own DVD/Blu-rays.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:flabbynsick: Changing Blu-ray/DVD discs.

It was only 2 years ago I use to clown folks for claiming they're too lazy to get up & change discs. Now I've gotten so comfortable & used to digital (Legal & illegal), I hate when I suddenly watch 1 of my own DVD/Blu-rays.
I love changing my blu rays out when I watch them and I love collecting limited editions and everything; I don't binge watch so I have no use for digital media.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
they need to bring back that Lone Star show
punk bytches
They killed them off breh :smugralph:

I consider that decision one of the worst and bizarre decisions in X-Files history; killing off the Lone Gunmen didn't push the story further or raise the stakes on the show; it felt like an isolated episode and then it was forgotten. Really ridiculous decision.