The worst betrayal in The Godfather (well second because I'm sure Fredo would be #1)

If you think any of these are worse than Fredo, speak up

• Tessio setting up Michael to be killed

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Pentangelli ALMOST ratting on the family before being strong armed

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Fabrizio in Italy placing the bomb to kill Michael, killing Appelonia

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • The secret Abortion

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Carlo setting up Sonny

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Hymen Roth setting up Michael for death, on two occasions

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Paulie setting up vito / Clemenza

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Cicci for straight up testifying on the family in court

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • osu sucks

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What did fredo do again?

What information did he give up? Did he know they were gonna shoot up Michael house?
Michael tells him sternly in part 1 to never take sides against the family. After he questions Mike in front of an outsider (Moe Green)

In part 2, it comes out , when he's drunk, that he was running buddies with Johnny Ola and Roth. It's suggested that they manipulated him into giving them info that they used to orchestrate the hit.Suggested that their plans involved making Fredo think that he was going to be given a high position once the dust settled . His insecurity and resentment of Mike clouded his judgement about how things were going to play out.

Also. Implied that Moe Green relayed the story of the sit down with Mike to Roth. Including that Fredo questioned Mike publicly.

Same way that Santino's offhand comment during the Vito and Sollozzo sit down showed that there was an opening.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I’m fascinated to see what becomes of Michael if Sonny never dies. I think he still joins the family and eventually becomes Sonny’s consigliere. I think it would have been an uphill battle to get Sonny to trust him but Vito would have seen how much smarter Michael was than Sonny immediately and probably help Sonny trust him more. Michael leading the family from the passenger seat would have been interesting.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Y’all not realizing that Fredo not knowing what his betrayal would actually lead to is concerning. Like it’s actually worse that Fredo didn’t know helping his enemies could lead to his brothers harm. He needed to go for that reason alone. He was a massive liability. There’s nothing more dangerous than someone who thinks they’re smarter than they really are.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Y’all not realizing that Fredo not knowing what his betrayal would actually lead to is concerning. Like it’s actually worse that Fredo didn’t know helping his enemies could lead to his brothers harm. He needed to go for that reason alone. He was a massive liability. There’s nothing more dangerous than someone who thinks they’re smarter than they really are.
"And you believed that? :birdman:
You believed that story? :comeon:"

Michael was damn ashamed of him

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Michael tells him sternly in part 1 to never take sides against the family. After he questions Mike in front of an outsider (Moe Green)

In part 2, it comes out , when he's drunk, that he was running buddies with Johnny Ola and Roth. It's suggested that they manipulated him into giving them info that they used to orchestrate the hit.Suggested that their plans involved making Fredo think that he was going to be given a high position once the dust settled . His insecurity and resentment of Mike clouded his judgement about how things were going to play out.

Also. Implied that Moe Green relayed the story of the sit down with Mike to Roth. Including that Fredo questioned Mike publicly.

Same way that Santino's offhand comment during the Vito and Sollozzo sit down showed that there was an opening.
Turk was a dumbass to hit The Godfather hoping that sonny would work with him on the drugs ..like dude you tried to kill his pops.. :childplease: ..if he did research he'd know Sonny was a hothead..and the firstborn...for the sake of his name and his pride and everything he'd be obligated to take revenge...that was stupid as shyt.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Anyone else think the DON sending Luca Brasi as a potential double agent was a bad move?

Knowing Luca reputation..who the hell would buy that he would turn on the DON...Luca was old school and word would'vebeen on the street first on on if the DON was treating Luca poorly I think...not to mention Luca ain'tsmart enough to portray a turncoat..dumb ass bricks when it comes to that type of mindf**king you gotta do.....terrible .and the timing of it especially..right after he turned down the drug offer? :patrice:

Someone like clemenza would've been a better option and he'd be close enough to the DON to be useful as to have information on. The business and how the DON moves..thinks.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Turk was a dumbass to hit The Godfather hoping that sonny would work with him on the drugs ..like dude you tried to kill his pops.. :childplease: ..if he did research he'd know Sonny was a hothead..and the firstborn...for the sake of his name and his pride and everything he'd be obligated to take revenge...that was stupid as shyt.
I actually agree.
Think the logic was this. Because he had other backers, Turk knew that a war would jump off but that with the Don & his consig. gone that the Corleone family would lose a war of attrition.
In the book, Vito's original consig. was dying, and the other families didn't respect Tom.
Hot head Sonny and non Sicilian consig. and Luca Brasi hit, it was the perfect time to war with them. The profits from drug trade were worth it.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I was going to vote for Tessio, but a lot of you are making some great points :ohhh:
Hymen Roth was a snake too.

Sonny would have been a trash don, IMO. Too hotheaded and emotional--that's what got him lit up.

I gotta rewatch these movies again, tbh. Dope thread.
Im rewatching right now on peacock App
It was disgust, that Fredo's insecurities allowed him to be manipulated.
Same look he had when Moe Green said, "So, I had to slap Fredo around, to straighten him out"
"Straighten out my brother?"

Fredo is weak. That's what turns his stomache. But he was dead the minute he set Michael up. He was of no use to the others if Mike died.
Yea Fredo dropping the pistol when the DON got hit was just sickening :hhh:.. he deserved to be whacked for that alone...I mean damn can't even handle a firearm..dude drops the shyt and knowing them old ass firearms the jawn could've misfired and it be his bullet that would hit Don Vito and kill him..rewatching now and I look at fredo with disgust everytime he on screen now :scust:

(The scust breh looks like the Dean from drumline who wanted the drum line teacher to play funkier music instead of that boring shyt)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I genuinely think Michael woulda kept him alive if it wasn’t for that angry monologue that showed how stupid and misguided he was.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
I’m fascinated to see what becomes of Michael if Sonny never dies. I think he still joins the family and eventually becomes Sonny’s consigliere. I think it would have been an uphill battle to get Sonny to trust him but Vito would have seen how much smarter Michael was than Sonny immediately and probably help Sonny trust him more. Michael leading the family from the passenger seat would have been interesting.

If sonny never dies Michael becomes underboss and probably still sets up shop in Las Vegas. Sonny loves his siblings a lot so Sonny would have listened to Michael and would have had a lot of respect for him after getting revenge for the family. I think Michael would of been the restraining influence he needed as well as the strategist that allowed everything to work around his brother ferocious reputation

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If sonny never dies Michael becomes underboss and probably still sets up shop in Las Vegas. Sonny loves his siblings a lot so Sonny would have listened to Michael and would have had a lot of respect for him after getting revenge for the family. I think Michael would of been the restraining influence he needed as well as the strategist that allowed everything to work around his brother ferocious reputation
They would have been a hell of a team. Sonny had the respect out the gate that Michael had to earn over time. nikkas woulda been Scottie and Mike for real.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
the abortion for sure. michael didnt even know that he had another child yet. and a male... a masculine child!!!

keaton was good in 2 and 3 too. and kind of hot in Annie Hall

but my girl was watching some flick with her and Nicholson and she just busts out these 67 year old titties and it was kinda uncomfortable

ea0f1046-b5bc-496d-ba93-ba0174ea4308_text.gif

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
None of them compare to Fredo due to him being Michael's blood